The Conversation- PG 13

A place for Jen's G to PG-13 stories
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

The Conversation- PG 13

Post by jenstc2003 »

The Conversation ((My take on how Mick SHOULD have told Beth what happened in FTP))

Disclaimer- No I don't own Mick or Beth, only the stories I write for them to act out.
Rating- PG 13
Notes- a challenge from Des in the writers round table thread inspired me to write this.

They walk alone down the deserted beach, hand in hand, the moment stunning in its simplicity. There’s no explanation needed, just the two of them, enjoying each other’s company. She smiles up at him, one arm slung around his waist happily. “You know, we never get to do this. Not since…”

He already knows what she means, and he brushes the hair away from her face. “You’re right, Beth… it has been too long.” They finally reach the spot on the beach that they had claimed while he was still mortal, and which they still frequent since his reversion, though now they must visit between dusk and dawn. They've never mentioned any reservations about that fact to each other, but the spot brings back all of the memories. The feelings are too raw to discuss comfortably, and it’s not something they can do anything about. They spread out the blanket they’d brought with them, settling in to watch the sunset.

As the sun drops behind the western skyline, Beth curls closer to Mick, a contented smile on her face. “You know, I really don’t mind this. I just miss…”

“I know, baby.” He pets her hair tenderly, burying his face in the golden strands for a moment, trying to regain his composure as he drifts into thoughts of what might have been.

“You know, you never did tell me exactly what happened.”

“There are some things that aren’t important.”

“This isn’t one. I know you were turned- and I know you obviously asked. But what happened?

“The important thing is, I knew I couldn’t lose you. I had to save you, even if it cost me everything.”
He brushes a kiss across the top of her forehead at that, one hand running caressingly down her arm in the evening chill. “I was about to come after you myself, no matter how silly that might have been. Josef came over- thank God Guillermo called him and told him what I had planned. He attacked me- just to show me what a scary guy he can be. He must have thought he’d knock some sense into me. Well, it worked. I came to realize that I’d only be killed if I went to Anders’ office like that. I asked him- and eventually, he agreed.”

“You did it for me.”

“I did it for us. I couldn’t have lived if I hadn’t tried to save you- and if I’d tried to save you as a mortal, we’d probably both be dead. And Talbot too.”

Instead of answering, she turns to kiss him. “I know that. But I want to thank you- and I want you to know that I will never forget. No man has ever done more for me- ever. You saved me- not only when I was kidnapped as a child, but as I grew up, the thought of you gave me peace. And knowing that you were there… watching… that explains it all. And you saved me again today- Anders would have killed me without thinking twice. But he didn’t. My reluctant vampire saved me.”

“Your reluctant vampire- I think I like that.”

“I know I do.”
Jen

Mick's Synful One
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: The Conversation- PG 13

Post by francis »

Jen, I haven't read this before, and I totally like it. In the show there is so much conversation missing, somehow they would have to talk about things. But then again, it was no soap, it would have slowed the episodes down. But I am really glad that you are filling in the blanks about this point. She needs to know what happened. Well done.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

*Hugs Francis* Thanks!!! I'm glad you're finding some of the older stuff that you'd missed! You're absolutely right- there is a LOT that has to be cut in a show, and some of it would have had to have happened. I'm glad I can fill in the blanks!
francis wrote:Jen, I haven't read this before, and I totally like it. In the show there is so much conversation missing, somehow they would have to talk about things. But then again, it was no soap, it would have slowed the episodes down. But I am really glad that you are filling in the blanks about this point. She needs to know what happened. Well done.
Jen

Mick's Synful One
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is so good! Thank you for posting!

(we may have the same name, but you are the one with all the talent)
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

That is so sweet of you- but don't sell yourself short!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!
jen wrote:This is so good! Thank you for posting!

(we may have the same name, but you are the one with all the talent)
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Lovely, Jen, the moment of peaceful acceptance between the two of them.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Thanks Luxe!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Luxe de Luxe wrote:Lovely, Jen, the moment of peaceful acceptance between the two of them.
Jen

Mick's Synful One
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Reluctant vampire....yeah, understatement of the year... :snicker:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

*giggles* Ain't it though? *Smiles* I'm glad you enjoyed!
maggatha3 wrote:Reluctant vampire....yeah, understatement of the year... :snicker:
Jen

Mick's Synful One

Return to “Jenstc2003's Office”