AOIFE'S JOURNAL - What Do I Do Now? (PG-13)

Sumaire
Kostan Industries intern

AOIFE'S JOURNAL - What Do I Do Now? (PG-13)

Post by Sumaire »

Okay everyone! Here you go. The first entry in Aoife's Journal. I'll bring the rest of the stuff over as I get a chance. I'm working on the the last chapter (I think) of A Past Replaced as well.

PG13 for content.

What Do I Do Now?

God, I'm exhausted. Today ranks right up there with my worst days; and that's saying something considering how old I am. What the hell is up with the Duvall's anyway? They seem to think that they are the be all end all of the tribe. Hate to break it to them, but they're more like the tribe's worst nightmare. But that's just my opinion, not that I'm prejusticed against them or anything. Well, yes I am. I hate them with a passion, Coraline Duvall in particular.

So, where to start? Let's see . . . I'm in Los Angeles, California. A place that I haven't stepped foot in for two decades at least. This place has some of the oddest vampires in the world. They have a tendancy to not stay hiding in the shadows. But in a city as weird as this one, the humans have a tendancy not to notice.

Then there's the reason I came here in the first place; a vampire hunter named McRoy. It is still beyond me as to why the Duvall's chose to use him. And I mean use in every sense of the word. It the human had had any sense at all, he would have turned tail and run from them as fast as he could have; but he didn't. And yes, for the record, the man was a complete and blithering idiot as far as I'm concerned. That and the fact that the Duvall's are completely untrustworthy cost him his life and forever changed mine.

How? Simply put, I did the one thing that I never thought that I'd do. The only person that I ever even considered bringing into the tribe before today is dead. I miss him so much. Most days it's all I can do to get up out of the freezer. I've contemplated suicide so many times, I've lost count. But the only way to kill me is beheading and that's something that is next to impossible to do on one's own. That and if I did kill myself, I doubt that I'd be with Jordan anyway. Vampires don't go to heaven. Funny thing is though, I can almost see a light at the end of the tunnel. Mick and Beth.

Mick is the reason that I came back to LA. He's who McRoy and ultimately I discovered who the Duvall's were after. Chalk up another reason why I loath Coraline. She had done it again. That makes three rape turnings that I know of for her. Except this time she got caught. Yes it took fifty-five years, but that's nothing in vampire time. So she somehow got ahold of her family's precious stash of the "Mortal Cure" and gave some to Mick. Mortality, the one thing that I have discovered he wanted more than anything else in the world. I used to think that way, but now I wouldn't go back if you paid me. This also made Mick a sitting duck once her sire found out about him.

Why did Coraline give him the cure? I can't even wager a guess. I'll have to make sure and find out if I ever get my hands on her again, although it would definitely be the last time. I won't make the mistake of letting her go a second time. Well, maybe I will guess. Mick's the only one that's ever gotten away from her and Coraline Duvall absolutely hates not being in control. That's a Duvall trait in general.

So I get to LA to discover that I not only have to protect a temporarily mortal vampire but his very human girlfriend as well. I like Beth. She's strong-willed, independent and not afraid to go after what she wants. Considering that she's fallen in love with a vampire, very good traits to have. She'll make a good vampire. And for the record, yes I fully believe that she will be some day. The problem for me was that seeing them together has reopened a slowly closing wound and sent flashes of my own life now lost forever through my mind; at times making it almost impossible for me to focus.

Besides that, I sympathize with them. I understand what they've gone through and what they will go through. I've been there done that so to speak. But at this point in the game they had no idea about any of my past.

That's why in a way, I really shouldn't have been surprised when the offer to re-turn Mick came out of my mouth, but it did. I remember thinking What the hell did I just do?! I knew that I was his only chance. The only possible way that Sebastian, Coraline's sire would maybe back off was to get Mick as far away from the French bloodline as possible. It was the only way to give Mick and Beth a chance of any kind of life together. I knew that if Sebastian got ahold of Mick, he would surely destroy the good man that Mick had fought so hard to become in spite of who his sire was. And that is not something that I was about to let happen.

Mick was hearing none of it though. And I fully understand why. But what he didn't understand at the time was just how much of a control freak Sebastian is. Unfortunately Mick never got the chance to consider my offer. McRoy and his lackey were waiting for him when he and Beth returned to the penthouse. The only saving grace is that I had programed my cell number into their phones and that Beth, although battered and bruised wasn't seriously hurt.

And yet again I prayed to whatever you choose to call your higher power for the invention of GPS and whomever thought to put it on cell phones. We found Mick in time. The sickening sounds of metal on bone just about made me lose my lunch and considering that I don't eat, that's saying something. So the requisite fight for Mick ensued. Another vampire trait. Why handle things peacefully when you can fight it out? Lance found out that when it comes to fighting, he's outclassed and outmaneuvered. The fight with him cost me precious time though. I remember hearing the shot ring out, Beth's scream and Josef's roar. I knew what that meant. The hour glass had run out of sand. But then again, I was out of patience with Lance anyway. So I dropped my shields. Lance will never be the same again.

As I headed to where Mick lie, I could feel his life slipping away. Beth begged me to turn him and Josef tried. But I knew that this time it had to be Mick's choice. I wasn't going to do the same thing to him that Coraline had done. I was a rape turning. Granted I knew what was coming, but still; I remember the feelings of betrayal, shame and guilt for not being able to stop it.

In the end, he asked me to turn him and I did. That was the easy part. For me the difficult part is next. How do I teach someone the things he needs to know to be the kind of vampire that he is now? Things that are inate to my nature. How much of me did he get? Will he have the same telepathic abilities that I have? Based on what Dr. Corvin found when I escaped in 1968, he should be able to go out in the sun, not have a problem with silver and not be paralyzed by stakes. I'm betting his senses will be heightened like mine are. I know I went through a huge adjustment with that. I can't even imagine what his will be.

To be honest, I'm terrified beyond belief. Yes, I've been a surrogate sire at least a dozen times in my lifetime, but this time it's different. This time I'm the sire with all of the responsibilities that go with it. I'm responsible for Mick now. His actions affect my life. Not that I don't trust him. From what I've seen and felt, Beth has been his salvation in every sense of the word. I just hope that I have the wisdom to get him through this.

Well, time to face the music. Beth is up and full of questions as she should be. Little does she realize that she's not the only one. I don't know if I'm ready for this, but at this point I don't have a choice. If I fail, Mick's life is over and Sebastian wins. And I refuse to let that happen, ever.
Last edited by Sumaire on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: AOIFE'S JOURNAL - What Do I Do Now?

Post by redwinter101 »

*jumping*

Sumaire, I am so happy to see this here. And looking forward to re-reading right from the beginning.

It's just gorgeous - Aoife is SUCH an amazing character. Her assessment of all the characters is so brilliantly set out and, oh, I'm just giddy with excitement. What a fabulous treat.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Exciting stuff Sumaire. It's lovely to see this here.

Can't wait for more :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
MoonlitRose
Fledgling

Post by MoonlitRose »

I too so love AOIFE'S JOURNAL and am glad you've shared it here! :heart:

Aoife is such an interesting character! :rose: :thanks:
-MoonlitRose
To view additional Graphic Art by MoonlitRose.
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

I have never had the chance to read this before. :thanks: for bringing it here!! Very intriguing start and I look forward to reading more... :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper: :hyper: :woohoo: :gasp: :juggle: :eyes: :Mickangel: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :rose:

mitzie
Sumaire
Kostan Industries intern

Post by Sumaire »

Oh don't worry there's more. :lol: Just waiting for the shelves to put them on.

Return to “Aoife's Journal's”