Alex in new TV Guide article

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Alex in new TV Guide article

Post by wpgrace »

darkstarrising wrote:see...that's what gets me....anybody else, you change the hair, the clothes, and you get the same guy in different hair and clothes.

With Alex, change the hair and the clothes, and you get different guys

Still sighing, Dark... still sighing... and I agree with you, completely... :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
darlingcat
Courtesan

Post by darlingcat »

darkstarrising wrote:see...that's what gets me....anybody else, you change the hair, the clothes, and you get the same guy in different hair and clothes.

With Alex, change the hair and the clothes, and you get different guys
And all these different guys are gorgeous :hearts:
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

He does 'Sex Object' so well, don't you think? And as for ...
wpgrace wrote:Hmmmm.... you remember what he told Pearl... "I think you know what I'm thinking..." :laugh:
I'm still blushing. :rolling:

:dracula: *blue runs off to find fan*
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I wish I knew what he told Pearl - not sure who Pearl is.

Anyway, I just saw the profile ones of Alex against the brick wall. They are on the prior page. Hadn't seen those before either. There must have been a lot of unused pictures. And he does look different in that one as well. Really like the hair. And he looks younger in that picture. And his eyes look more brownish than blueish or greenish. How does he do that?

I like the Alex is some of these pics a lot more than the scruffy skin head Alex of The Invisible. I didn't like him at all in that movie. He did a really great acting job but I disliked the character and the look a lot. Just my opinion.

He really does have a lot of looks, and some of them almost make me forget that I am still a Mick girl through and through.
Last edited by Moonlightsonata on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

Moonlightsonata wrote:I wish I knew what he told Pearl - not sure who Pearl is.

Anyway, I just saw the profile ones of Alex against the brick wall. Hadn't seen those before either. There must have been a lot of unused pictures. And he does look different in that one as well. Really like the hair. And he looks younger in that picture.
MS, Pearl was Alex's love interest in The Oyster Farmer. Great Aussie movie..early in Alex's career. He is adorable as "Jack Flange"..worth renting and seeing just for "the dock scene" alone.. ;)
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Thanks Josefismysire. Actually I have seen The Oyster Farmer and while I agree Alex has a major role in it and the dock scene is sexy, I wasn't that crazy about that movie. Not sure exactly why except I prefer my Alex not quite as scruffy (spelling) and not as many tattoos. I actually edited my post to add some stuff after you replied. Loved Mary Bryant however.

But I don't remember what he told Pearl. If not suitable for public consumption, can you PM me. Thanks.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

MS, as posted, twice, in the thread above, it was, "I think you know what I'm thinking."

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

*blue is still blushing* :giggle: 'cause I know what I'm thinking. :coffee:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

bluedahlia3 wrote:*blue is still blushing* :giggle: 'cause I know what I'm thinking. :coffee:
So was Jack, blue... :laugh:
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

I was in the hospital in April, missed this whole thread and that CM issue of TV Guide, too, darn it!
I'm sure the ladies who bring the magazine cart around to Cardiology were told not to bring any with pictures of the heart-stopping Mr. O'Loughlin. Can't you just hear the pa announcement "Code Blue! Code Blue! Room 323. They're looking at TV Guide again." :giggle:

I promise fathfully to take my blood pressure pill before the Big Wheel rerun Wednesday night. :heart:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Those "baby Mick" photos against the brick wall (promo shots for the unaired first pilot, correct?)... what is it that makes that hair so different from the Mick hair we ended up with? It's a little shorter, yes, but there is something else. Is it because it's down on his forehead? IMHO, I really like the final version. :thumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I think it's the hair style, combed forward as you suggest, but also the lighting... makes his coloring look a bit different. Truly, just like a chameleon, bless him.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

That picture of him in front of the brick wall with reddish hair combed around his forehead is in the TV Guide from I think August 2007, to introduce the new fall shows. I think he looks a lot like the "grown up" Mick there, just messier looking, which is totally hot!! The pictures I have called "baby Mick" pictures are the very early 2007 photos of him when he first got the role of Mick. His hair was really short and they tried their best to make it look long. He was wearing a v-neck sweater with contrasting clor on the v-neck, and he had his hand grabbing on to the lapel of a leather jacket. Now THAT was "baby Mick"!!!! :giggle: Sorry I can't post as I don't have any photos stored, but I purchased the said TV Guide issue on E Bay a few months ago. :yahoo: :woohoo: :type: :happysigh: :hyper2: :hearts:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar

Return to “Pictures of Alex”