Memories-Mick/Cora (PG-13)

A place for Emma-lee's G to PG-13 stories
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Memories-Mick/Cora (PG-13)

Post by Emma-lee »

A/N: This was one I had wrote for a fic contest and it won second place for PG-13. And it happens to be one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy. Thanks to Jen for betaing this for me.
As always I do not own Moonlight..I just wish I did.

Memories

October 2008
Its' maddening. Why should she be here... sitting alone at her table, her fingers absently tapping with the rhythm of the music? The sound of the guitars is already making her feel totally out of place. She'd come here tonight hoping this distraction will cause her memories to stay away this year, although this band is bringing back those same, sad memories for her.

She sips her glass of red wine, leaning further back into her secluded booth, watching the couples dancing on the floor. She envies them, enjoying the festivities of the Halloween gala, totally unaware of the memories flooding her brain. Setting her glass on the table beside her, she carefully makes her way across the dance floor and exits through the side door, a single tear gliding down her face.

October 1985
She had the whole thing planned out. Mick claimed he missed being human, and doing human things, so she was going to give him the one thing that he truly missed. She had gone to all the trouble of building a room that was suitable for a child- even chose the little girl that was to be their daughter. She even picked the perfect day to start this new chapter in their lives- Halloween. Now, she just had to wait for Mick to come so she could surprise him. She couldn’t wait to see the look on his face when he saw the present she had for him. It was what he said he wanted- a family.

October 2008
Wiping the stray tear away, she pulls her keys out of her handbag and gets into her car. She glances around, making sure nobody saw the temporary lapse in her emotional façade. Pulling her car out of the parking lot, she steers her car onto the freeway, absently driving wherever her heart and mind lead her. So she is not surprised to see herself driving up to where she last saw Mick. There is nothing there now but an old pile of burned wood, instead of the beautiful house she chose for their family.

"I thought I knew what Mick wanted. He always talked about the family he would never have, so I tried to give it to him. I tried to give him everything he could want- everything he asked for. But it was never enough. I tried to apologize for the way it happened- told him that I would change it, if I could." Suddenly realizing she is talking to herself, she shakes her head and smirks at her own silliness. “Damn, I hope nobody heard me doing that. It could ruin a vamp’s reputation.” Laying her head back against the car’s seat she allows the next wave of memories to wash over her.

November, 1985
She was able to escape the inferno without major burns, thanks to her bloodline, though what he did hurt her worse than any of the burns could have. She tried to give him what he wanted. Instead he choose the little girl over his wife- his sire. She tried to move on, but no one could ever compare to the passion... the romance... she had with Mick. She sadly boarded the plane to Europe, hoping Cynthia was right- that she belonged with the higher society that Europe could offer her. She watched as the ground got smaller and smaller. She kept her face to the window to hide the tears sliding down her face, her hand tightly holding onto the wedding picture of her and Mick.

October 2008
Feeling the lone tear slide down her face brings her back to the present. She gently glides the car back onto the freeway heading back to her apartment- time is wasting. Once at her apartment, she quickly makes her way through the groups of trick-or-treaters and into her new apartment. She closes the door quickly- a littler harder than she needed to, but once her mind is made up about something, there is no turning back. She goes straight to her bedroom and opens her vanity drawer and pulls out a small tub. Looking in at the contents of the tub, she sighs.

“Well Coraline.” She mutters to herself. “This is it, once you do this there is no turning back. Not to mention only a limited time before Lance comes looking for me and what is rightfully his. But if it is a human that Mick wants, then a human he is going to get.” She takes a deep breath, allows her fangs to descend for the last time and slices open her forearm. Dipping her finger into the contents of the tub, she rubs the cure into her fresh wound. Smiling as the cure starts to take effect, she whispers to herself. “Mick, I am coming back for you, my love. Trick or treat, darling.”

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: Memories-Mick/Cora (PG-13)

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

ooh... I'm not sure whether I should feel creeped out or sad and sympathetic for Coraline. What an interesting mix of emotions you've raised in me!
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh Em! I had somehow missed this one!

This IS sad, but definitely gives Cora's pov... don't you KNOW loving and losing Mick had to hurt and confound her?

And how interesting to ponder the moment she took the cure herself, knowing full well she did it to appear alluring to her human-loving beloved.

Cora's story truly does appear to be tragic... past, present, and future...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This really runs the gambit of emotions. I missed this one. Poor Coraline she was always trying to do what she thought Mick wanted and just wasn't successful.
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:ooh... I'm not sure whether I should feel creeped out or sad and sympathetic for Coraline. What an interesting mix of emotions you've raised in me!

Thanks Luxe. I am glad i could get you to feel sympathetic to Coraline and stir up a mix of emotions. I always felt sad for Coraline and this is the way I would imagine her feeling about Mick.
wpgrace wrote:Oh Em! I had somehow missed this one!

This IS sad, but definitely gives Cora's pov... don't you KNOW loving and losing Mick had to hurt and confound her?

And how interesting to ponder the moment she took the cure herself, knowing full well she did it to appear alluring to her human-loving beloved.

Cora's story truly does appear to be tragic... past, present, and future...
Thank you wpgrace! Yes Cora's story is tragic she only tried to do what she thought best for the love of her life....too bad she could not give him what he really wanted. But she did give all of us him....
cassysj wrote:This really runs the gambit of emotions. I missed this one. Poor Coraline she was always trying to do what she thought Mick wanted and just wasn't successful.
Thanks cassysj. I always thought Cora got a bad rap. I never thought she was the bad evil vampiress she was sometimes made out to be. in my opinion she was just misunderstood and really truly loved Mick with all her heart and soul...

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Just gave this a re-read and it is a very complex look at Coraline. She just didn't understand.
jmc
Rogue vampire

Post by jmc »

She can have anything in the world she wants except Mick so, of course, he's the one she wants the most. She tried to give him what he wanted filtered through her sensibility never his. Her obsession with Mick is an extension of her self-obsession. Tragic waste.

:reading: Thank you

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

cassysj wrote:Just gave this a re-read and it is a very complex look at Coraline. She just didn't understand.

Thanks for the reread....yes Coraline never really understood that what she did was wrong.
jmc wrote:She can have anything in the world she wants except Mick so, of course, he's the one she wants the most. She tried to give him what he wanted filtered through her sensibility never his. Her obsession with Mick is an extension of her self-obsession. Tragic waste.

:reading: Thank you
Thanks for reading jmc. I have to agree Mick is the one thing she wants the most and can never have.

Return to “Emma-lee's Office”