Decisions-Mick/Cora (PG-13)

A place for Emma-lee's G to PG-13 stories
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Decisions-Mick/Cora (PG-13)

Post by Emma-lee »

A/N: This was done as a challenge to see if i could write in second person. Many, many thanks to Jen for helping me get it right.
As always I do not own Moonlight..Just wish I did.

Decisions

Your poor decisions have turned your husband against you. Who could blame him? Turning him into a vampire on your wedding night, without asking, probably wasn’t the most intelligent thing to do. He hasn’t forgiven you for that, even now some 50 years later. There is no way to take it back, only to make the best of it. If only he would just see the glory of the gift you have given him. The gift of eternal life, power, and admittance to a very exclusive club. Who wouldn’t want all of that? Apparently him.

It wasn’t like he didn’t love you. You could have waited. He said he would love you forever. Forever must mean different things to different people.

The plan was not to turn him on your wedding night, but to wait and tell him about you first, then give him the option to be turned, which he most likely would have agreed to. That was mistake number one. They say hindsight is 20-20, and it is no different for vampires. We just tend to have many more years of hindsight than humans do.

Things could have been so different had you been not been so anxious for him to be turned. For one, he would be here at your side now, not dating that blonde reporter. For another, he would be enjoying his new life in the vampire world, not trying to ignore his vampire tendencies, drinking that bottled blood instead of freshies. It is so not good for him, nor is it very tasty.

That is the effect of another of your stupid mistakes. Call it mistake number 2. Trying to get him to come back, by giving him what he thought he wanted- a family. Who knew that it would just cause him to turn against you, to try and kill his sire- his wife? Not to mention make him a half vampire by turning him from freshies to bottled morgue blood.

It is true you tried to make up for what you took from him. Giving him the cure at the cost of your own freedom definitely made up for what you have done unintentionally to him. The question is now, whether that will be enough to change his angst ridden self to a more accepting self. Perhaps a self that could forgive you.

The angsty Mick of today is not the man who came to your wedding bed those many years ago, though it is what he became because of you and that one bad decision made in the heat of the moment. And that is not as bad as it sounds, actually. Angsty equals angry and angry equals very passionate sex. The one thing that was never lacking- passionate sex. Very violent, very hot, sex. It seems that’s the only thing he kept coming back for. Well, at least so he thought, though the truth is that all fledglings need their sires, whether they want to admit it or not. There is a bond there that supersedes everything else, even hatred. Yes, it wears off after awhile, as Mick’s has done, but there will always be a bond there, and that is what will keep him coming back. May not be in this lifetime, or the next, but there is an eternity of lifetimes to wait. After all we are vampires.

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Decisions-Mick/Cora (PG-13)

Post by wpgrace »

Oh I love the ending of this!!!! Those last lines are amazing!

So good to see your fiction here Em!!!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

wpgrace wrote:Oh I love the ending of this!!!! Those last lines are amazing!

So good to see your fiction here Em!!!
Thank you. I am glad you liked it. The ending sentences actually came before the middle of the story.

And it feels good to have my fic here as well.

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Yes, Coraline is a patient person and will wait for him to come to him. But is she right about him? Will he come back? If Beth stays human, he might.
Second person really works here.
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

francis wrote:Yes, Coraline is a patient person and will wait for him to come to him. But is she right about him? Will he come back? If Beth stays human, he might.
Second person really works here.
Thanks Francis, I thought this would be a perfect way to use second person. Coraline is willing to wait lifetimes for her Mick. I don't see Mick turning Beth...especially if Coraline is around to keep reminding him of her passion. :evillaugh:

Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

You capture Coraline's regret beautifully, then, at the last, her confidence that she will be able to win him back eventually. This is a Coraline who has become more 'human' as a result of her mistakes.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:You capture Coraline's regret beautifully, then, at the last, her confidence that she will be able to win him back eventually. This is a Coraline who has become more 'human' as a result of her mistakes.

Thank you Luxe! I fully believe that Coraline has learned from her mistakes and regrets alot of what she has done...especially to her one true love..Mick.

Return to “Emma-lee's Office”