The Plan- The Blonde(PG 13)- MickCora

Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

The Plan- The Blonde(PG 13)- MickCora

Post by Emma-lee »

A/N: Thanks to Jen for betaing this for me and for making the last paragraph work. As always i do not own Moonlight...just wish I did.

THE PLAN
-The Blonde

Coraline found herself pacing the living room of her apartment again. This was ridiculous; he should not still be making her feel like this. She felt like a teenager in love, and all it took was seeing him up close, smelling his cologne- the same kind he had always wore- and holding his hand, even if it had been only for a moment.

She sighed and plopped down on her desk chair and flicked on her computer. She scrolled through her picture files until she came to the one marked Mick. One click brought up all the pictures she had taken of him over the years, from his human days up until yesterday. Of course, a big chunk of time was missing due to stupid silver coated film. But she had made up for that with her new digital camera. It was so much better anyhow- she could capture his handsome vampire features from a safe distance. It allowed her to keep an eye on her Mick more easily.

It was fun to see his reaction to her; she had had a hard time keeping a straight face. Her many years of being a woman had taught her how to be a great actress around men, though- especially vampire men. Her night would have been perfect if it wasn’t for that blonde reporter. It was such a shame that she had to befriend her to get to Mick, but it was a necessary evil. Coraline was pleasantly surprised that the blonde had not recognized her as the woman that kidnapped her all those years ago. But then again, that was going to have to be used to her advantage.

She sighed deeply, which brought her back to the task at hand: stopping Mick from thinking like a human and more like the vampire he is, and getting him to fall back in love with her. It sounded much easier than it is likely to be, really. Mick could be so hard headed. It is what had first attracted her to him. The fact that he did not give up easily should have also made him a great vampire, and it still could. Mick just needed a little push from her is all.

She shut off her computer and sat back in her chair, hands laced behind her head. The first part of her plan had worked perfectly- the blonde was so easy to befriend. The tricky part still lies ahead. She just hoped the thug that she hired would be able to pull off the rest. It was extremely easy to convince him to kill his girlfriend in the burning hotel. Shockingly easy in fact. Humans were so easily controlled by money. The knock at her door brought her to attention. She opened the door to the man she had hired and handed him her camera. She let him close her door so there would be prints left behind. She needed Mick to find him and get her cameras back- Mick could never resist a damsel in distress. Some things would never change. He would feel obliged to help a friend of the blonde get her camera back. She grinned broadly at the thought of Mick playing right into her hands.

Having that worthless human so close to her, she felt her inner vampire come to the surface. It was time for more of the cure. She made sure to cut her arm in a place she could explain away and applied the cure. She laid her head back as she felt it take effect. Coraline smiled as she thought of a reason for the wound on her arm…she had fought her thief and he cut her. Perfect. She wrapped her arm loosely in a bandage and grabbed her bag; she had to be at Buzzwire in thirty minutes.

She made her way to the blonde’s desk and sat down. She had to try hard to make herself seem distraught over the ‘theft’ at her apartment. Coraline knew the blonde would refer her to Mick, the PI, to help get her stuff back, which of course she did. It took all Coraline had to hide the smile that threatened to come out on the way to Mick’s. The plan was going perfectly.

Mick, of course, was surprised to see her there with the blonde. He still was trying to deal with the shock of seeing his wife-his sire- again. She watched the blonde and Mick together, how they acted towards each other. What could he possibly see in the blonde? She might as well be his daughter for God’s sake! Even though it made her sick to see how they acted around each other, she had to endure it for a little while to serve her master plan. She turned her attention back to her plan; she recited the details of the ‘crime’ to Mick as she had rehearsed in her head. The blonde suggested that they take a look at her apartment. Perfect. There she could control the ‘clues’ she would leave for Mick that would tell him who she really was.

The book she left out... her choice in music- everything was planned out in minute detail to assure the plan would work. Now all she needed was to be alone with him to make him fall in love with her again. Once he was in her grasp, she could reveal her true identity to him. By then, he would have forgotten all about the blonde and would live up to his vampire potential.

Only one thing could screw up her plan now: the blonde remembering her for who she was. But that was such a long shot; Coraline didn’t even consider it an issue. There was no way the blonde could mess up her plan. She had thought of every possible angle and nothing could derail it.

She opened the letter on the table that had come to her through her friend Cynthia. It was addressed to Coraline Duvall. The handwriting on the letter was unmistakable, Lance. It was short and to the point just like he always was.

Dearest sister,
We know what you took from us, we WILL get it back. One way or another we WILL get it back.
-Lance

Even through the letter she could feel his cold stare and she knew what he was capable of or, more correctly, what their sire was capable of. This just meant that she had to ramp up the plan. She had to get it moving faster. She would have to convince the blonde that she was not the type of girl Mick was looking for. It shouldn’t be that hard to convince her of that- she had already noticed the jealousy that was there. This was one time that she did not have lifetimes to wait. She only had a limited supply of the cure and she needed it to entice Mick back. Hopefully, she could keep eluding Lance; she did not want to end up like the last person to cross him.

At that, she shuddered. She always did when she thought of the ill fated Valentine- her lover when she was healing after the fire- and what had happened when Lance found out about their relationship. She really had used Valentine cruelly, but she had needed him, and he had been a willing comrade. He was a distraction in the years of pain and he'd helped her obtain the information when she'd started hunting for the cure. He'd been caught in her net right when she wanted him to be, too. He'd been found with the recipe for the cure just before she was ready to take off. Of course, that had been only a decoy, as she'd copied it already and had found the actual compound. It was all part of her plan to hide her own tracks until she could leave with the cure and return to Mick. It had been a horrible night, though, and one she'd never forget. The siblings were forced to watch his punishment, and she'd almost fainted as their Sire’s voice echoed in the dungeon as he carved on the poor vamp’s chest with a silver knife. She had vowed then and there that she would not end up like him, not as long as she was alive- or undead.
Last edited by Emma-lee on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wonderful banner by Redwinter101, Avatar by Jen.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: The Plan- PG 13- MickCora

Post by redwinter101 »

Jen, I'm going to change this so that it appears as Emma-lee's post.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Post by jenstc2003 »

Excellent! She's gotten the problem figured out, I think, so I do appreciate it!!

I Absolutely loved this, Em- so VERY Cora, and it's a very realistic situation for her to have found herself in. Very well done!!!

redwinter101 wrote:Jen, I'm going to change this so that it appears as Emma-lee's post.

Red
Jen

Mick's Synful One
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Thanks Red..

And Thanks Jen. I am glad you liked it and I finally got my muses working again.

moonsword27
Freelance freshie

Post by moonsword27 »

Interesting start! Got me a bit afraid for Cora though.
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

Thanks Moon, but until your comment this was going to be a one-shot. However now that you planted the idea in Coraline muse's head...there will be more...gee thanks.... lol.

So off I go to write more.

coco
Cleaner

Re: The Plan- The Blonde(PG 13)- MickCora

Post by coco »

A very interesting take on things from Coralines perspective. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

coco wrote:A very interesting take on things from Coralines perspective. :thumbs:

Thanks Coco.

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

I like how you've made her a mixture of self-assurance and fret... She truly believes getting Mick back won't be that difficult... and she pursues her plan as we saw her do, very assured and with practiced ease. Yet she worries about her family... and as we have met Lance, we surely do understand why.
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

wpgrace wrote:I like how you've made her a mixture of self-assurance and fret... She truly believes getting Mick back won't be that difficult... and she pursues her plan as we saw her do, very assured and with practiced ease. Yet she worries about her family... and as we have met Lance, we surely do understand why.

Thank you wpgrace. She does think it will be easy to get him back...she does not think Mick can resist her charms...

ash
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Trying juggle, homework, uni, a social life, rp and writing things that get stuck in my head. Tough

Post by ash »

She is cunning, i'll give her that
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

ash wrote:She is cunning, i'll give her that

you say cunning i say smart....

mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Coraline is so very intelligent! But her emotions for Mick are coloring her judgement of how he will react!!

Great start!!!! :flowers: Off to read more... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :woohoo: :Mickangel: :gasp: :whistle: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :hearts: :rose:

mitzie :mooncat:
Emma-lee
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by Emma-lee »

mitzie wrote:Coraline is so very intelligent! But her emotions for Mick are coloring her judgement of how he will react!!

Great start!!!! :flowers: Off to read more... :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :woohoo: :Mickangel: :gasp: :whistle: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :thud: :thud: :hearts: :rose:

mitzie :mooncat:
Thank you very much..and I agree with you.

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Very nicely done

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix

Return to “The Plan”