Announcement to all members - please read

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Announcement to all members - please read

Post by redwinter101 »

A reminder to all members, since moving webhosts, the correct forum address is now:

www.moonlightaholics.com

Some members are still using the address without the www and this is causing various problems, ranging from being unable to log in, to links not working.

Authors and artists with indexes
Please check your indexes and update your links to ensure that the www is included in all links (otherwise they may not work for all members wishing to use them and can result in users getting logged out).

Many thanks.

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Announcement to all members - please read

Post by wpgrace »

:bump:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Thanks Red. :dracula:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

So, just to be sure I have this right: before when we would copy and paste a url the addy would show up like this: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=2121

And now the whole address shows, so we have to include it in all our links. Have I got it right?

Thanks!

PS: Actually, I just noticed that I did post a link after the reopening and it came out without the www.moonlightaholics too...
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Catmoon. I just tried one of my links from before the move and it was the viewtopic you showed and it worked. Some of us had trouble logging in on the old server and found it easier to log in without the www. If I'm wrong about the links though Red please tell me.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

The "viewtopic" or"viewforum" addys should still work here. When I was testing the links in the indexes, the only problem I found was when logged in to the "www" url, clicking links without the prefix would then require the user to sign in again. Likewise, if one was logged in using the url without the "www" prefix, links with the prefix caused problems.

Our main concern after the move is that everyone log in using the "www" prefix. Hopefully, many of the login problems we were experiencing will be avoided that way.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I wasn't having any trouble logging in with the old one, but I changed my bookmark to include the www. Thanks for the heads up.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.

Return to “Forum Announcements Archive”