Re: Full Circle -(PG) Champagne Challenge #103

Post by darkstarrising »

jen wrote:That's lovely!
jen,

thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed it :hearts:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Just revisited for a reread and it is still poignant, capturing all the hopelessness and hope of the original scene and fleshing out the feelings of both.

DSR, this is poetry--lushly romantic and a real treasure.

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely, lovely little fic!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

jen wrote:Just revisited for a reread and it is still poignant, capturing all the hopelessness and hope of the original scene and fleshing out the feelings of both.

DSR, this is poetry--lushly romantic and a real treasure.

Thank you so much for sharing this lovely, lovely little fic!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
jen,

thank you!! and you're very welcome!! This was one of those scenes where the facial expressions / body language of both actors was more telling and poignant than the words they spoke.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Post by Moonlighter »

This little show has given you talented writers such a foundation to build from. I love how here at the end of episode 2, you were able to create a full circle moment for Mick and Beth already. Although their connection started long before this, it was still new to us then. Mick taking Beth's hand and seeing the trust in her eyes may be the biggest step for him yet in the last 50 years of his life. I feel privileged to have been witness to it through you.

Everyone else stated it so eloquently, but you've done a remarkable job with this one, DSR. Absolutely beautiful.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Moonlighter wrote:This little show has given you talented writers such a foundation to build from. I love how here at the end of episode 2, you were able to create a full circle moment for Mick and Beth already. Although their connection started long before this, it was still new to us then. Mick taking Beth's hand and seeing the trust in her eyes may be the biggest step for him yet in the last 50 years of his life. I feel privileged to have been witness to it through you.

Everyone else stated it so eloquently, but you've done a remarkable job with this one, DSR. Absolutely beautiful.
thanks, Moonlighter :hearts: It was moments like this one, left unfinished in the show, that are the most tempting and fun to work with. I'm just happy you enjoyed it so much.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Beth was there for Mick like he was there for her all those years ago. I love this take on the challenge. Happy to revisit the story
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

cassysj wrote:Beth was there for Mick like he was there for her all those years ago. I love this take on the challenge. Happy to revisit the story
Thanks for the re-read Carol and I'm glad you enjoyed it. :hug:
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

This was beautiful, DSR! Well done! :rose:

Every time Mick helped Beth, she trusted him completely. Now it is his turn to trust her, and to trust himself.
Then you gave me your hand. You were safe.
I give you my hand. We have come full circle. I am safe.
Lovely! :happysigh: :notworthy:

Thank you! :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Marigold wrote:This was beautiful, DSR! Well done! :rose:

Every time Mick helped Beth, she trusted him completely. Now it is his turn to trust her, and to trust himself.
Then you gave me your hand. You were safe.
I give you my hand. We have come full circle. I am safe.
Lovely! :happysigh: :notworthy:

Thank you! :hearts:
Thanks, Marigold :hug: I kept seeing the child Beth huddling in on herself, trying to hide, but then she looked up and took a chance by giving her trust to a total stranger, by taking his hand. Fast forward 24 years and now it's Mick trying to hide and while we didn't see this in the series, I could just see Beth reaching out to him.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

What a wonderful surprise!

This caused all the captivating magic and romance of Moonlight to come flooding back! That is very welcome today!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

jen wrote:What a wonderful surprise!

This caused all the captivating magic and romance of Moonlight to come flooding back! That is very welcome today!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Thanks, Jenna :hug: Out of the Past was one of my favorite episodes as it contained one of those OMG moments - in this case, Beth discovering what Mick was....I wish we had actually seen what she did after Mick's admission.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Well, thanks to this Challenge, we got a whole lot of fascinating takes on what might have happened... and it's one of my favorite Challenges because of that fact. :hearts:

I loved this story back when I first read all the fics for this Challenge, not just because it was a typically beautiful DSR story, but because it did that wonderful Moonlight "bookend" thing of bringing an idea or a theme full circle so that we saw it in a different way at the end. This story is filled with lovely Mick angst and voiceovers, and with our gallant, curious Beth... and with such compassion. I think it speaks very loudly to me at the moment, maybe because of what Alex has been going through... that theme of compassion, and giving yourself and your trust into the hands of another. I'm very glad this story got bumped up. :heart:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

allegrita wrote:Well, thanks to this Challenge, we got a whole lot of fascinating takes on what might have happened... and it's one of my favorite Challenges because of that fact. :hearts:

I loved this story back when I first read all the fics for this Challenge, not just because it was a typically beautiful DSR story, but because it did that wonderful Moonlight "bookend" thing of bringing an idea or a theme full circle so that we saw it in a different way at the end. This story is filled with lovely Mick angst and voiceovers, and with our gallant, curious Beth... and with such compassion. I think it speaks very loudly to me at the moment, maybe because of what Alex has been going through... that theme of compassion, and giving yourself and your trust into the hands of another. I'm very glad this story got bumped up. :heart:
Thanks, alle :hug: Curiosity may have been the reason Beth didn't listen to Mick's pleas to leave, but compassion is what caused her to seek him out in the first place. She knew he'd been badly hurt by Lee Jay and wanted to make sure he was ok. In this story, compassion overcomes any fear she initially feelsand by extending her hand, she offers her help, just as a strange man once offered his.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Return to “Darkstarrising's Office”