Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Re: Stargate Universe - news, links, discussion

Post by Phoenix »

Stargate Universe premiered in Australia tonight. :twothumbs:

I'll be tuning in next week to see where they go with it. I absolutely loved the original Stargate [TV series - not movie].
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

And .... WooHoo!!!!! -- SyFy has announced that they've been picked up for a second season!!! :yahoo:

:woohoo:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Awesome! I'm so happy for David! :yahoo:
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

I get the feeling from all the cast members that I follow on Twitter, that this wasn't really "news" for them.... they hadn't been doing any nail biting. But that's not too surprising given that the ratings have been outstanding (for a SyFy show) and there is a lot invested in this franchise and making it work for the long term.

I'm just so happy for David. I knew the moment he announced he'd been cast, that this was going to be the break of a lifetime for him.

And, yes, I'm still watching and still enjoying. Characters are slowly being fleshed out and an already thick plot continues to thicken. :snicker:
banner by Cprav
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Well, they certainly ended up on a cliffhanger...

And yes, I'm gradually getting some of the characters sorted out. Eli is hands down my favorite, though, and I think that would have been true, even without the ML connection.

Lucky
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

I agree. I think Eli was set up to be the one everyone would first identify with and root for. I think he would have caught my attention very quickly too. It will be interesting to see how many new ML fans we pick up from folks "discovering" David in SGU, and then going back to look into his previous work.
banner by Cprav
NightAir
Fledgling

Post by NightAir »

Lilly wrote:And .... WooHoo!!!!! -- SyFy has announced that they've been picked up for a second season!!! :yahoo:

:woohoo:
I'm very glad to hear this! I found myself really looking forward to new episodes each week. I'd have been seriously disappointed to leave off on the season 1 cliffhanger!

I never could get into SG1 or SG Atlantis. The only reason I wanted to try SGU was because David was in it. Then I found out Robert Carlyle was signed up too and there was no way I was going miss it. Eli is my favorite character (and David plays him so well), but Rush comes in second.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

It looks like there's more good news for SGU fans. Apparently they're releasing a DVD/Blu-ray of the first 10 episodes, including lots of extras to tide you over until the second half of the first season begins airing in the Spring. Release date for the DVD is 2/9/2010.

FusedFilm.com has complete details of what's going to be included on the multi-disc sets: Here

From FusedFilm:
Discover exclusive Blu-ray Disc bonus materials including star map log segments of “Stargate Universe’s” new look, Directors minutes and behind-the-scenes featurettes. Fans can also enjoy Blu-ray Disc and DVD extras including an extended pilot, cast and crew commentary on all episodes and more. SGU 1.0 two-disc Blu-ray will be available for a suggested retail price of $69.98 U.S./$79.98 Canada and three-disc DVD for $ 49.98 U.S./$59.98 Canada. Prebook is December 23.

Amazon currently has the Blu-ray available for pre-order for $38.99 and the DVD for $27.99. Link
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
NightAir
Fledgling

Post by NightAir »

New episodes of SGU begin on Friday, April 2 at 9:00 on SyFy! :hyper:
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Thanks for the news! I'm looking forward to more David!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:bump:

Just a reminder that SGU's next new episode airs tonight.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I saw tonight's episode named "Space" and totally enjoyed it.

There's a good interview with David at
http://scifi.about.com/od/stargateunive ... d-blue.htm

On the last page he says

First of all, I'll say, avoid spoilers, because I think that ruins the show.

I will say that "Space" and "Divided" will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect. Watch "Space"/"Divided" and you're going to expect to be floored. They're so much fun, and so interesting and so cool. And I apologize ahead of time because the season seems to go very, very fast. I watched the season finale and I was like, "What? This is it? Oh my god, I have to wait months to see any more?" And it's because we're shooting it right now.
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Fantastic episode! It's like all the previous episodes spent developing characters and their relationships with each other, have finally matured to the point where stories be broader. I think it's just going to get better and better from here.
banner by Cprav
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Anyone want to talk about SGU tonight? Kind of a cliffhanger for Eli! I enjoyed the backstory on Rush.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Tweet from David, about an hour ago:

@DavidBlue For those who missed, and I just learned this recently, SEASON 2 of #SGU will be on Tuesdays. The next few eps are still on Fri nights. :)

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson

Return to “David”