Twilight [Ch. 2 - PG-13]

moonsword27
Freelance freshie

Twilight [Ch. 2 - PG-13]

Post by moonsword27 »

Disclaimer: I don't own Moonlight, but I did try kidnapping Mick and keeping him in my suitcase so I could smuggle him out. Didn’t work though. He’s law abiding at the worst times. I should’ve tried Josef.

Chapter 2: Twilight

Coraline:

I watched him go, fighting within myself. It was clear that he mentally rejected the Turn, but his body had taken to it quickly. Already, his senses were sharpening - and this before his first feeding.

I was sure that in time he would accept this, and as soon as he did - I could only imagine the possibilities.

All the little tests I'd thrown his way before, all of the tricks and mild deceptions, he'd caught and passed each one as if it came naturally. Simple as breathing. I'd tried backing off and was rewarded by having him break - quite literally - the walls I'd put between us.

He'd come around, as always. It would be worth it, all that is needed is patience.

A little while later, I went down to him, coaxed him away from the stairs and back up to our room. It didn't take long to dispel common notions such as the need to sleep in a coffin, but his eyes were still haunted. I could feel his pain, his desperate need for assurance. And I knew then that he was mine, bound to me in a way he didn't understand. He never had understood the draw between us, perhaps before he had simply accepted it. Now as then, he tried to break away and ended up tying us even closer together.

Yes, he was mine. As long as I had that, I knew all would be well.

Mick:

It takes time to adjust to sudden life changes. Such as the fact that you are now, say, undead.

Well, time and mental versatility.

Lucky me, I had more than I wanted of the first, and perhaps just enough of the second.

She was patient with me - through design or by nature, I have no idea - throughout her explanation. She sat crosslegged on my death bed, looking serene and alluring as ever. Completely unphased.

And once I thought war was deadly. Turns out the cynics have it right, its marriage that kills you.

After she had explained the basics to me - sleeping in a freezer, blood drinking, fangs, heightened senses, unnaturally quick healing, the like - she pulled me close to her. My first instinct was to pull away, but I found myself kneeling on the bed in front of her. I watched, mesmerized once more, as her fingers ran along my neck, pausing just above a vein. Unconsciously mimicking her actions, I brush her hair away from her neck. She smiles peacefully, then her nails slice into her own skin and she whispers, "Feed."

As much as I tried to resist, my mind rejecting the thought on multiple levels, Coraline won in the end. As always. One moment I was staring at the blood welling up from her self-inflicted wound. The next I felt a strange sensation in my eyes and a buzzing feeling in my mouth as I drank from her, my tongue running along her skin, encouraging the blood flow.

How to describe the taste. Not blackberries as I had originally thought, although it held a similar richness. Bittersweet, like strawberries, with a hint of salt and a mild tang.

Fatally attractive.

I could feel the blood lust welling up inside me, threatening to overpower me. It was then that my mind took over, forcing me away from her, staggering off the bed. I knew eventually I would have to stop running, but I didn't want to like this. I wanted to be righteously angry. Instead I was finding myself maddeningly drawn to the seductress I had married. Bad habits just don't know when to die I guess.
Last edited by moonsword27 on Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Twilight [Ch. 2 - PG-13]

Post by wpgrace »

Fantastic... her perspective is fascinating... she has the self assurance and patience to believe she will bring him around... and she will and she won't, huh? And I have always had empathy for Cora's desperation to own him... he is just that appealing... if you could have Mick, you'd try your best to have him... she happened to have the tools...

His self honesty is touching. He is distraught but cannot deny his attraction to her... she is as you said, fatally attractive. And 33 years later, he would remember and still be fighting against that attraction. How riveting is that relationship?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)

Return to “Shades of Grey”