Afterglow, part eight (M/B/J, PG-13)

janicevictoria
Fledgling

Re: Afterglow, part eight (M/B/J, PG-13)

Post by janicevictoria »

Red, what a wonderful update. So powerful and filled with such emotion. I teared up at Beth's letter to Mick and his reaction to it. I feel their pain and I will share in the joy of their reunion, whenever that may be...Thanks for this gem! :hearts:

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I wish I could say I "only" teared up! Red, you did it again. I had a one chapter reprieve, and it was back to all out crying. Not quite sobbing, but close.

Another powerful chapter - Mick's injuries, and Josef staying with him. I'm a little worried about Beth spilling to Pete - I hope he's one of the good guys. Beth felt like she was actually doing something to be helpful, to get her and Mick back together, and then to find out that it not only endangered them all, but Mick nearly died because of it. And then, Mick going into their bedroom to read her letter (oh, gosh, I'm losing it again just thinking about it) and climbing into their bed...

This was incredible, as always. But I really must go find some happy MickBeth before I can go to bed.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

PNWgal, thank you so much. I love that you loved the bits I liked best :). Beautiful is such a wonderful compliment - I'm glad you took the appropriate precautions before reading...

janicevictoria, thanks so much *hands jv a hankie* :comfort:

MLC, the reprieve was brief - I just can't stop torturing I'm afraid. But, for better or worse, the end isn't too far away.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Beth has someone to help her now, I hope her gut instinct to trust him was good. Brilliant move on her side to wrap it into a mob story.
The description of what Mick had to go through was gutwrenching. Hard to read. Did Beth take one risk too many?
And poor Beth, knowing she endangered Mick. She might back down, but will Pete?
The letter – heartbreaking. I can see Mick sitting there and crying while reading it again and again. And poor Mick has nothing but memories that fade into nothing.
Brilliant writing, red, so much emotion, so much tension and suspense. This was well worth the wait.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thank you so much, francis. The procedural stuff is a bit of a departure for me so I'm delighted to get your feedback - tension and suspense were just what I was hoping for.

Red ;)

Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

An update?!?!

Why wasn't I alerted to this fact?!?!

Cannot wait to read this later and comment! Yay!! A red update!!
Liana
Freelance freshie

Post by Liana »

Yes Red, you were right, this chapter made me sob...
How do you write this story?! Is it even possible to write something so emotional without letting it affect you?!
I mean the whole story is heart-wrenching, not just few chaps...
The world ceased to exist for them, but they still exist in the world. And Beth copes better that Mick, she's a survivor. But I'm not sure Mick could live if something happens to her.
Only 4 chapters of this bitter-bitter-a-little-sweet torture left...
Please, update soon!! :notworthy:
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Lisa, I await your verdict with bated breath... :hearts:

Liana, honey, Mick reduces me to tears on a regular basis - whether because of Coraline, Beth, Josef, you name it, I'll cry about it. I have written the ending for this story and yes, it did make me sob. That's the first time that's ever happened to me. Otherwise, there's something about the process of trying to get it down on paper that makes it easier not to get carried away by emotion. I have to ask if you write, because this:
Liana wrote:The world ceased to exist for them, but they still exist in the world.
is just a beautiful description of their situation.

As for an update, I always get them done as soon as I can; some take longer than others but all I can promise is that I'll do my best.

Red

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Red what a heartbreaking chapter :hankie:
Is Beth right to trust Pete? I hope so :confusing:
I feel so sorry for Beth right now. Doing the only thing she knows to help her get through the separation and finding it only resulted in endangering Mick. What worries me is that she may back off but will Pete?
And then came the letter :hankie: :hankie:
Your entire description of Mick alone in the bedroom remembering everything that was Beth just made me cry. You do love to torture these two but hopefully they'll catch a break soon ;)

Wonderful update, as always Red :clapping:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
seamus3333
Freelance freshie

Post by seamus3333 »

Falling in love with Mick St. John while watching Moonlight and trying to fill the void left by the cancellation (Grrr...), I devoured published ,vampire novels (including the Southern series now on HBO). With only one exception, Charlie Huston's Joe Pitt series, they are all pretty lame and silly. Big, burly hemen heroes running around rescuing damsels in distress with the obligatory sex scene every fourth page. Missing Mick, I "settled" for Moonlight fanfic. I say "settled" because these were not professional writers; no one was paying money for their work; how good could they be? Well, my arrogance got it's comeuppance. There are AUTHORS here with extraordinary imagination, brilliant creativity and the great talent to make their words flow like music. The emotional depth of the characters, the complexity of personality, the thrill of the circumstances, the battle of good versus evil (sometimes within Mick), all bring tears to my eyes or laughs to my lips. You, Redwinter, are one of the best. I thank God and you for your talent.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

coco, poor Beth indeed. She thought she'd found her way to cope and now the rug's been well and truly pulled out from under her. Now she needs to decide how to react and how she will manage to cope from now on. As for poor Mick, well, once I'd decided to separate them, it was always going to be heartbreaking - it was the only way I could see it happening. But time's ticking by and the end is in sight, one way or the other.

seamus3333, :blushing: I confess, I don't really know what to say in response to your amazingly kind and flattering comment. So I'll fall back on an old favourite and go with, thank you. I'm touched that you're enjoying this story because, to be honest, much as I love Mick and love writing, it is the readers who make it all worthwhile.

Red

Liana
Freelance freshie

Post by Liana »

I have written the ending for this story and yes, it did make me sob. That's the first time that's ever happened to me.
Oh, man!!! :sadface: It can't be good...
I cry each time I read Romeo and Juliet, silly me...
I hope this story ends not that tragic!!

I don't write, but Moonlight makes me want to.
But I'm not a native speaker so, to put it in Mick's words, it's complicated.
Maybe someday I'll muster up enough courage to go for it... We'll see...
starbucksjunkie
Logan's WoW nemesis
Location: Home drinking my own Starbucks and watching my DVDs. There's a recession on!

Post by starbucksjunkie »

seamus3333 wrote:Falling in love with Mick St. John while watching Moonlight and trying to fill the void left by the cancellation (Grrr...), I devoured published ,vampire novels (including the Southern series now on HBO). With only one exception, Charlie Huston's Joe Pitt series, they are all pretty lame and silly. Big, burly hemen heroes running around rescuing damsels in distress with the obligatory sex scene every fourth page. Missing Mick, I "settled" for Moonlight fanfic. I say "settled" because these were not professional writers; no one was paying money for their work; how good could they be? Well, my arrogance got it's comeuppance. There are AUTHORS here with extraordinary imagination, brilliant creativity and the great talent to make their words flow like music. The emotional depth of the characters, the complexity of personality, the thrill of the circumstances, the battle of good versus evil (sometimes within Mick), all bring tears to my eyes or laughs to my lips. You, Redwinter, are one of the best. I thank God and you for your talent.
Amen.

Just when I thought you couldn't grab my heart and squeeze any harder, you do.

I am enthralled with this beautiful, heartbreaking story. Every single word.

And I've said this privately, but I'll say it in public. If you don't write for a living, you should.

"There is a degree to which . . . all literature, highbrow or low, from the Aeneid onward, is fan fiction . . . retelling and reimagining the stories that were told before us and that we have come of age loving--amateurs--we proceed, seeking out the blank places in the map that our favorite writers . . . have left for us . . ." -- Michael Chabon, Maps and Legends
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Liana, I promised a long time ago (on a board far, far way...) that the ending would be a bit happy and a bit sad - so nothing of Romeo and Juliet proportions. Although I'll be disappointed if I don't manage to wring out a few tears.

sbj, readers' revenge. Between you and seamus3333 and all the other wonderful readers, you've brought a tear to my eye. The best compliment is your continued reading. I admire your writing more than I can adequately express and it thrills me that you are enjoying this story so much. Thank you :rose: .

Red

lorig
Fledgling

Post by lorig »

Don't worry Red. I'm sure you will wring out more than a few tears. I've already cried the Nile reading this story :hankie:
Gorgeous banner by PinkiePie
Tag by Mags and coco

Return to “Afterglow”