Commitment- a Syn Freshie Fic PG 13

jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Commitment- a Syn Freshie Fic PG 13

Post by jenstc2003 »

Commitment
Disclaimer: No, I don’t own anyone you recognize.
Rating- PG 13
Notes: This story developed from the basic situation that has been created on the Willing Freshies Society threads, which have taken the characters and realities from Moonlight, and gone in an alternate direction with them.
Synclaire Smythe is my alter ego in the WFS and this is the continuation of her story. It is being reposted due to the imminent closing of the WFF.

Syn’s Journal
*July 13, 2008*

“I can't think of anything more natural than you becoming one of my exclusives...It would mean a lot to me. So would you, Syn?”

From the moment I felt his fangs this morning, I knew what my answer would be if he asked me the question he just asked me, though I’d never expected to hear it asked so soon. I’d considered the possibility of this sort of commitment in a very general sense since the first night I met him, which is why I didn’t have any difficulty answering Sparrow last night when she asked what it was that I pulled me towards Mick more than Josef. Despite that, I’d spent a lot of time thinking about my response last night and this morning, because it’s more than any one thing that draws me to him. My answer was the truth- I have no doubt that I would trust him with my life in a second, and I value that immensely, but the more I consider it, I realize that it’s not necessarily complete. The truth is, I feel a connection to him that I’ve never had with anyone. The vague, misty sense of contentment as he removed his fangs this morning brought with it a clarity I’d never experienced about anything. I can’t imagine ever again wanting any other vamp’s fangs on me. There is only one way for a Freshie to express that, and any lingering doubts were put to rest at that moment. It’s a stark realization for me. Hell, my high school boyfriend of 3 years always said he would have to get me drunk to convince me to marry him, and this decision is equally serious.

As I lounged there this morning after he’d finished feeding, content in his arms, I let my thoughts drift a bit. My life has changed so much since I first came to the FOS- a new relationship, graduation, my Dad’s death, dozens of new friendships, and of course, learning to appreciate the indescribable feeling of fang on flesh. I never realized when I first learned of the Freshie life that I would find it so instantly appealing- or how easily I’d find my place in it. But I had. The man looking at me while I was reminiscing about those changes then- the man who is anticipating my answer now- has been a big part of the last couple of months, and I know I wouldn’t be as happy as I am without him in my life.

Wanting to know all I could about the commitment I wanted to make, I spent the whole afternoon today looking deeper into the idea of Exclusivity- learning as much as possible about the basic rules governing Exclusivity from a couple of my more- experienced Freshie friends without divulging exactly why I’m asking, and trying to get a more complete picture of exactly what I’d be committing myself to. The thought actually became even more appealing the more I learned- the what’s and why’s and wherefore’s of the arrangement even seem comforting after a moment’s consideration.

I deliberately stayed away from the regular group at Mick’s while making these inquiries- as much as I like and respect all of them, I wanted to be sure no one knows how close I am to making this decision, just in case I lose my nerve. Besides, the information and influence that only the Mick girls can give, I already have learned. I have seen the ways each of them interacts with Mick- the tight friendships that have formed between him and each of the girls, and the intense level of loyalty that he inspires in all of us. I know they would fight for him down to the last Freshie, just as I would. And I have seen first- hand how deeply he cares for all of us. And that’s what matters to me in making the decision to commit to him. I have also been absorbing a lot about the level of commitment required, if unconsciously, and I know that any of the others would answer whatever specific questions I might have when they come up.

Finally, feeling supremely confident that I’d be doing the right thing if I decided to at least bring up the topic the next time I saw Mick, I’d walked back into the FOS this evening, chatting with the girls as always, trying not to reveal my plan until after I'd had the discussion with Mick. I really didn’t expect to see him tonight- and then he’d walked in to the room and asked me to join him on the balcony.

When we got to the balcony, I was chilled, and Mick- God love him- wrapped me in his warm duster. I could barely breathe for anticipation, because I knew that this couldn’t possibly be the usual balcony trip- he’d just fed from me this morning, and he never feeds from the same girl that often. Could it be…?

I was in shock when I heard his words. I can't help smiling at the memory of the question- he sounded almost shy as he spoke, which is absolutely charming coming from a man who usually is so in control of the situations around him. The answer to his question is not even one that I have to think twice about after my afternoon’s research and the illumination I'd had this morning- it's merely finding words that will express how I feel about it that is a problem. Suddenly, the words come to me as if by some insight. He’s right- it’s the most natural thing in the world that I become one of his Exclusives, and I suppose it is only fitting that the words would come to me without too much trouble. I finally turn to him with a smile, knowing he’s waiting. “I'd be honored to be one of your Exclusives- there's nothing I'd like more, Mick. Absolutely nothing.”
Jen

Mick's Synful One
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Commitment- a Syn Freshie Fic PG 13

Post by francis »

Wonderful story, Jen. So Mick had exclusives? This is pre-Beth, right? Or is it an alternate timeline where Beth doesn't exist and he still feeds fresh? Anyway, this is a nice story.
jenstc2003
Rogue vampire

Re: Commitment- a Syn Freshie Fic PG 13

Post by jenstc2003 »

It's a sort of alternate reality situation where Beth isn't in his life and he has never stopped feeding Fresh. In fact, there is sometimes something of a rivalry between Mick and J's girls as to who is the better bite, and the guys get a kick out of that.
francis wrote:Wonderful story, Jen. So Mick had exclusives? This is pre-Beth, right? Or is it an alternate timeline where Beth doesn't exist and he still feeds fresh? Anyway, this is a nice story.
Jen

Mick's Synful One

Return to “Freshie Fic”