Red (PG-13 Slash M/J)

A place for Lila's G - PG 13 stories
lila
Freelance freshie

Red (PG-13 Slash M/J)

Post by lila »

Rating: PG-13 Slash (M/J)

Summary: An indirect continuation to Hourglass, this follows the new relationship of a sire and his fledgling. While you don’t need to read Hourglass to follow this one-shot, I recommend reading it, because it details the hows and whys.

Disclaimer: These shiny toys aren’t mine. I’m just the magpie who borrowed them for a while.

AN: This fic is dedicated to Redwinter101, in title and content, for inspiring me with her lovely fic, Body.

Red

Pressed against him, I felt small. His arms were tight and my throat tighter. He smelled good, but he smelled like nothing I had known before in my life.

I knew it was decay. I’d been giving the crash course and I knew the highlights: no heartbeat, sun hurts, decay, blood, silver, stakes. Freezers. Blood. God, but I was so thirsty.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to ignore my hunger. It hurt, scorched me inside out like a swallow of red hot glass, but I needed to put it off for a little while longer.

The room was quiet, stagnant. I could hear the soft whooshing of air through open windows and the buzz of insects but most of all I could hear the silence.

I missed my heartbeat. Never thought I would, really. Most of the time I wasn’t even aware of it, but now that my chest was quiet and my lungs still I yearned for that simple affirmation of life. All those little electrical impulses, gone. Just gone. I’d live forever but I wouldn’t live.

Thud-thud. Thud-thud. Thud-thud.

My fingers tapped the rhythm out and I shifted closer to him.

“Beth’s coming soon,” he said, and ran fingers through my hair. Down my back, just his fingertips whispering along my skin. Sliding over my ribs. “You need to feed.”

I shuddered and turned to face him, pressed my lips against his neck and my nails against his chest; felt the flesh give, just a little.

“We should get dressed,” I said.

He held me even tighter. “No sense getting blood on clothes, Josh.” He tilted his head back and held a hand against my nape.

“I… I can’t,” I said, but my lips brushed his neck with every word, and I felt myself change, let go. I distanced myself because even as I spoke, I knew I would do as he asked.

“You have to. If you want to see her, you have to.”

“She shouldn’t have to see me like-”

His fingers ripped against his soft throat so quickly I missed it. The sound of fingertips and nails against flesh, rending, tearing, broke through the quiet of the room. Mick’s blood splashed against the cream couch and splashed against my lips and then I couldn’t stop, couldn’t help it, couldn’t keep it in check, so I sunk my teeth in him, hard and quick like whiplash, and leaned over him and drank, and drank, and drank. I could hear the sucking sounds as I took his blood inside of me.

“God, Josh…” he said, a quiet gasp.

He held me to his chest, cool skin soothing, hands twined in my hair and caressing my back in long motions, over and over. Calming me.

I moved then, calm thrust aside, shook my head and tore his throat; his back arched and muscles tensed until he relaxed with a soft sigh. The wounds sealed and I struck again. Another rush of blood, slick and sweet and I swallowed it, licked it up, sucked at the drops along his chest until he was clean. Licked his skin again.

“That’s enough, Josh. You’re okay, you’ve taken plenty.”

I wanted more.

He took my face in his hands and held me still as he licked bright streaks of his blood from me. I closed my eyes and let him do it, felt myself respond from a place beyond self-loathing. I swallowed, glass replaced with needles, but this time it wasn’t from hunger.

“It’s okay, Josh. We still have a little time until she gets here.”

I nodded. Sleep swarmed over me like a flock of birds, all soft touches of feathers and sharp beaks.

“Beth,” I whispered. An echo of his thoughts.

I felt him shift away and knew what he wanted to say, even through the thick silence of his home.

Beth, I’m so sorry.

It wasn’t really me who wanted to say it; it was him. Mick. He wanted to scream it. To rip it from his chest, to cut it from mine. He regretted turning me, it was clear in his gaze. But he couldn’t say those words, wouldn’t say them for me or even for her. Even if his blood churned with it.

Somewhere outside in the weak sunlight, a car slid to a halt and heels clicked against the pavement. We didn’t move.

The silence continued, unending and thick and heavy on our tongues.
Thank you to Heartgram_lala for my beautiful icon.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Red (PG-13 Slash M/J)

Post by redwinter101 »

*squee*

I'll be back for a proper comment - just wanted to get that out there....

Red :D

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
lila
Freelance freshie

Post by lila »

Ha, Red, my first comment! Love you!
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

OMG lila! This is so emotional. So beautiful and sad and so vampire-erotic.

I enjoyed Hourglass, but this is above and beyond, honey.

What an odd three -some they now all make, huh?
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Kelly
Rogue vampire
Location: Lost in a daydream...I think Alex is in here somewhere too.

Post by Kelly »

WOW! Lila, that was amazing! So emotional and intense. I loved it!
Thanks SirenSong for the gorgeous MickCora tag

"Life is measured not by the number of breaths you take,
but rather by the number of moments that take your breath away.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

mmm... this is great lila... a heavy atmosphere... like a really hot, humid summer's afternoon.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
lila
Freelance freshie

Post by lila »

grace!!! My reader extroardinaire! Thanks so much for your comment; I'm so glad you liked it :D .

Kelly, thanks :mrgreen: ! I always love it when someone loves my fics ;) .

Hey, Luxe, that's exactly how it's here right now. *fans self*. Thank you for your kind words!
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Very powerful and intense!!!! A tremendous follow-up to Hourglass!!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :melts: :woohoo: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :heart:

mitzie
lila
Freelance freshie

Post by lila »

I'm happy that you liked it, mitzie! It's an odd sort of follow-up, so your comment made me very glad indeed :D.
RangerCM
Rogue vampire

Post by RangerCM »

Amazing! Absolutely outstanding. That was perfect.....but now I REALLY want more!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
banner by Cprav
lila
Freelance freshie

Post by lila »

RangerCM wrote:Amazing! Absolutely outstanding. That was perfect.....but now I REALLY want more!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thanks! Hee, I think for now this piece is done but who knows? For now (and for the past year :S) Summer has been a priority that needs finishing. Time for writing's been so difficult to come by though, due to work and learning a new language for a trip next year.
It's a new year's resolution to finish my WIP, and then maybe I'll revisit Red. Anyway, thanks for reading and commenting!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I love the fact that this one is from Josh's POV. Once again, it's so dark, emotional, and angst-ridden... and no wonder. How ironic that the two men who love Beth so desperately are now joined more completely, more eternally than either of them could ever be to Beth now. :Mickangel:

The vampire-fledgling relationship is one that has long fascinated me, and I love your take on it. I'm thrilled that Red inspired this follow-on story to Hourglass, and that RangerCM brought it up to the top again. I hope more people find it now. Both stories are beautiful, and quite haunting.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Back for a reread. I love this; it's full of passion and pathos. Nobody wins in this scenario. :Mickangel: I just feel so sorry for all of them. :sigh:
lila
Freelance freshie

Post by lila »

allegrita wrote:I love the fact that this one is from Josh's POV. Once again, it's so dark, emotional, and angst-ridden... and no wonder. How ironic that the two men who love Beth so desperately are now joined more completely, more eternally than either of them could ever be to Beth now. :Mickangel:

The vampire-fledgling relationship is one that has long fascinated me, and I love your take on it. I'm thrilled that Red inspired this follow-on story to Hourglass, and that RangerCM brought it up to the top again. I hope more people find it now. Both stories are beautiful, and quite haunting.
Allegrita, wow, thanks so much. You know, that relationship has always intrigued me as well... I can't imagine what it must be like, being fully independant one second, and fully dependant the next. Mick does angst in a lovely way, but I guess sometimes even Josh can rival, if given the chance. I always felt that Josh, as a character, had a lot to say and not enough time to say it all. That's one of the reasons I liked francis's Twists of Fate so much. Have you read it?

Return to “Lila's Office”