M & C appreciation thread 2

Lucy
Ancient

Re: M & C appreciation thread 2

Post by Lucy »

Phoenix wrote:Lucy, I'm still trying to write a fic about Mick, Coraline, and the pool at the party house in 1953. (Grace, I swear to Bob it'll be finished one of these years days...)

The theories will have to wait until I have more time. (How dare RL intrude on ML time? :grumble: )

How Dare RL intrude on anyone's writing about Mick and Coraline's time?????
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

With thanks to alle for the mention :D, I found Cynthia fascinating - for someone who had such a minuscule amount of screen time she certainly made an impression, and I found her and Coraline to be by far the slashiest ML couple.

Her brief interactions with Mick spoke volumes to me - there was such obvious mutual antipathy and it was ALL about Coraline and their respective relationships with her. It felt like there was a pecking order - Mick displaced Cynthia in Coraline's hierarchy of importance, and that was something she would never forgive.

I think Mick and Coraline definitely had some happy times - as has previously been mentioned there HAD to have been. 33 years of unending and unbroken misery? Seems unlikely that either of them would have stuck around for that - they would have split or killed each other long ago.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

redwinter101 wrote: 33 years of unending and unbroken misery? Seems unlikely that either of them would have stuck around for that - they would have split or killed each other long ago.

Red

Yes...I totally agree......I'd like to have been a chipmunk in the corner of the glass house.... :chin:
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Phoenix wrote:Lucy, I'm still trying to write a fic about Mick, Coraline, and the pool at the party house in 1953. (Grace, I swear to Bob it'll be finished one of these years days...)

The theories will have to wait until I have more time. (How dare RL intrude on ML time? :grumble: )

Sweetie, no worries... I'll be here to read it whenever it's done. :heart:

And OF COURSE Mick and Cora had some WONDERFUL times!! They had some good times in Fleur de Lis, right before our eyes, in fact.
She showed herself to be fun, light-hearted, intelligent, artistic, creative, verrrry self-confident, and quite sexy and attractive.
So whatever her particular brand of crazy was, and we saw that too with the whole BabyBeth incident and the whole setting-up-the-fire-in-the-hotel-murder incident, she obviously could also be a joy to be around.

And I think in part that THAT was what drove Mick so crazy around her. One day she's fun-loving, delightful, thoughtful, rational, sexy... the next day she's breaking 3 kinds of Federal laws and all the Commandments. And he was enough of a personal mess to stick around for most of those 33 years. Which is part of what makes him interesting. :devil:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

wpgrace wrote:And OF COURSE Mick and Cora had some WONDERFUL times!! They had some good times in Fleur de Lis, right before our eyes, in fact.
She showed herself to be fun, light-hearted, intelligent, artistic, creative, verrrry self-confident, and quite sexy and attractive.
So whatever her particular brand of crazy was, and we saw that too with the whole BabyBeth incident and the whole setting-up-the-fire-in-the-hotel-murder incident, she obviously could also be a joy to be around.

And I think in part that THAT was what drove Mick so crazy around her. One day she's fun-loving, delightful, thoughtful, rational, sexy... the next day she's breaking 3 kinds of Federal laws and all the Commandments. And he was enough of a personal mess to stick around for most of those 33 years. Which is part of what makes him interesting. :devil:
I have nothing to add (except that you are brilliant, Grace. Brilliant).

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

wpgrace wrote: And OF COURSE Mick and Cora had some WONDERFUL times!! They had some good times in Fleur de Lis, right before our eyes, in fact.

Oh, dear...that's why I love her. Short of a kidnapping it sounds like my first marriage!

I am smitten with their electricity.......
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Is it wrong to put this here? It's in my "gallery" thread....I just wanted to see them some more.... :evillaugh:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Peeking at the CW photo gallery

Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

Oh oh oh! I've never seen that exact shot before. Thank you, Carol. :smooch:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

For Phee... :sadface:

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Post by Phoenix »

:thud: Thank you, mwj. :hug:
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Feels like Old Home Week. :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ohhhhh.... biiiiiggg... :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh: :happysigh:

And the perfect farewell gift for Phee. (Who, as usual, is being lovely and sharing with us.) :smooch:

Thank you, mwj! :hearts:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Last stop on the photobucket effects parade. Fresco effect

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Ooh! I really like that effect, except for what it did to Mick's profile... too bad you can't undo it selectively.

Return to “Mick & Coraline Appreciation”