Enemies, chapter 4. G-PG13

A Place for moonlight_fan's G to PG-13 stories
moonlight_fan
Mortal

Enemies, chapter 4. G-PG13

Post by moonlight_fan »

Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me.

Chapter 4

I wonder if Josef has any chocolate?, Beth always ate chocolate when she was upset, and Mick's leaving was hitting her hard. She remembered back to when Josh died. She thought she had eaten enough chocolate then to last her a lifetime; in fact, she had eaten so much she had actually made herself sick. But here she was, craving the dark sweetness again.

Beth was descending the third set of stairs. She’d spent the last hour trying to find the kitchen.

Seriously, what’s the point of having a house this big. Beth thought. One more step and my legs are going to drop off.

She was sure that Mick had left the house by now.

She sighed in relief as she finally entered the kitchen, but her grin quickly left her face when she saw Josef.

He looked depressed.

Beth was worried, she couldn't actually remember him displaying any kind of emotion, other that his usual trademark smirk, except when he was with Sarah. But that was different.

Beth calmly sat next to the vampire. She looked around facing Josef. “You got any chocolate?”

“Umm….yeah, over here.” Josef stood up and got Beth the chocolate, which she quickly dove into.

“Want to tell me what’s up?”

“Not really.”

“Um. Excuse me, Mr. Kostan?” One of Josef’s staff had appeared in the doorway.

“Yes, what is it?”
“You told me to tell you when the….,” George looked at Beth before continuing, “package arrived.”

“Oh, yes, of course. Thank you George. I’ll be right out.” Josef sighed and put his head in his hands.

“Look, whatever it is Josef, it’s probably not as bad as you make it out to be.”

That got his attention. Josef’s head snapped up and he stared Beth straight in the eye.

“Ryder’s dead Beth! Now tell me that‘s not as bad as I make it out to be!” Beth’s eyes went huge at the revelation of what Josef had just said.

She may have only met Ryder once, but once was enough. She still knew the man and had liked him and that’s what hurt her the most.

Beth looked down at her hands and sighed, “I think I'm going to need more chocolate.”

A/N: what does everyone think?
Last edited by moonlight_fan on Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tucutecats
Fledgling

Re: Enemies, chapter 4.

Post by tucutecats »

great story, can;t wait for more. how did Ryder die, I liked him,thought he was kind of sweet and cute. liz
tucutecats
Fledgling

Re: Enemies, chapter 4. G-PG13

Post by tucutecats »

I though Ryder was a cutie sorry he bit the dust
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

wow. well that was unforseen. nice plot shift.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Kara
Fledgling

Post by Kara »

Ryder's dead? Oh no. And Beth & her chocolates. Cute. :hearts:

Return to “moonlight_fan's Office”