Within the Empty Reaches of the Night (version 2.0) --PG-13

susieb
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Within the Empty Reaches of the Night (version 2.0) --PG-13

Post by susieb »

Oh, Lucky! Thank you so much for the list so I can read in order! :flowers:
I just finished Exclusivity and loved it.
Susie

Sometimes the past doesn't catch up with you, it haunts you.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Within the Empty Reaches of the Night (version 2.0) --PG

Post by librarian_7 »

Okay, I'm bumping this today for a reason...back in 2007, when ML was first airing, and I was just getting into the whole "fan" thing, I started writing fanfic. My first effort was a very short MickBeth story, a vignette really, written on the back of a piece of scratch paper (Twilight Call). At the time, I had no inkling of what was to come, and how people got ideas for writing fic. I was doing some role-playing on another ML site, and as a part of that, developing the character of Freshie Lucky. That Thanksgiving, I had this idea to write a story about a freshie...I wasn't sure calling her by the name of my RP character was a good idea, but it seemed "right" at that time. Anyway, I sat down with a laptop, and started typing this story. The words just poured out, and I wrote the whole thing in pretty much that one day. It was an exhilarating experience. And I sent it to a couple of people, to see if they thought it would be okay to post. They told me, "well, duh, yes."

I've since re-written this a bit to take it further away from its roots in RP, but I wanted to bring it back up to active topics in honor of a Thanksgiving day that quite literally changed my life.

I'm hoping a few folks will re-read, or possibly enjoy it for the first time.

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wow!

This was wonderful!

It is such a joy to find a fic like this, that showcases a facet of Moonlight life that was only hinted at on the show.
Of course, I want to explore the entire journey and see how this monster with the face of a Renaissance angel comes face to face with justice.

Upthread, I saw a link to the stories in order. I think I am going to go explore....

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Ack! I need to update that list!

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous.

Lucky has been through a horrible, horrible ordeal. She is entitled to have her guard up and to retreat behind high emotional walls to heal.

Josef and Mick will take care of Lunos, no doubt, but if I am reading the clues correctly he is a very old vamp and with age comes power. Mick has taken out old vamps before and Josef is going to go to great lengths of end him.

We don't have to see another chapter to know what would have been in it, but it is easy to wish.

Thank you
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks, jen. This was not only the beginning of the series, chronologically, but the first Freshie Lucky story I wrote (over Thanksgiving of 2007...it's that old!) In some ways, it sets the stage for everything that followed. (And as you probably know...there's more about that despicable Lunos, in "Exclusivity")

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Thanks!

Will look into that after I get home from work

:biggrin:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Lucky is such an interesting girl! And she had me at :
librarian_7 wrote:She’d told him one night, during one of their rare one-on-one conversations, that he was a decent human being. The vampire had mocked her for it, gently, as was his custom with the girls who flocked around him, but behind his smile she could see the hunger for acceptance, the ever-present sadness that pervaded him. And she felt, vaguely, that he was a friend. As much of a friend as a vampire could be, anyway.
I love the way you make her feel like a part of Mick and Josef's life, even at the beginning of their story. She is different than what I always thought as ..a freshie. Fascinated but a lot more ..real and down to earth.

And Josef! :heart:
He went down on one knee, brought himself to eye level with her. “No,” he said. “No, I don’t. Lucky, there are…a lot of women in my life—you know it has work like that—but I care. Just know here—“ and he reached out a hand to touch her robe, just over her beating heart “—what the truth is. Know it and remember it always.” And with that, before she could argue, before she could react, he was gone. Lucky laid her hand above her heart, where his had been.
:clapping: I bet neither Lucky nor me are gonna forget that moment!

Now ,you're stuck with me, Lucky! :flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Can't think of anyone I'd rather be "stuck" with. So you're starting at the beginning of this long, strange journey... :teeth:

Happy reading, my dear!

Lucky
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

So, just for fun, I decided to go back and give this one a re-read. I might write it a little differently, now, but not that much!

Return to “Josef's Lucky”