HB29: My Bloody Valentine (challenge 102) PG13

A place for Cat Moon's G to PG-13 stories
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Re: My Bloody Valentine (challenge 102 fic) PG13

Post by Catmoon »

starbucksjunkie wrote:Such fun, cat!

And your boy banter really is the best. :cheer:
Thank you. Compliments from a writer of perfection such as yourself are always a thrill. :D
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Re: HB29: My Bloody Valentine (challenge 102) PG13

Post by Moonlighter »

Ahhh! I thought we would find out what Mick did for Beth, too, but you're right -- other writers will cover that. Yours was a new and interesting take on the traditional Valentine's Day stories.

I am working my way through the Challenge Fics, but obviously I have not gotten to these yet because I know I would have been all over this! My two favorite lines are from Mick though:

Catmoon wrote:"You mean like I take her out for some breaking and entering, capped off by a candlelight dinner in the morgue?” Mick asked.
He knows his Beth, doesn't he? And this:
Catmoon wrote:“Do me a favor?” Mick asked. “When you come up with it – don’t invite me.”
...was just our Mick backwards and forwards. But it did seem like the two big brothers teasing the younger one. Very cute, Cat. (Moonlighter wanders off to find some lovely Valentine's Day fics in the heat of a June afternoon.....)
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Call me greedy, but I want to know what Mick got Beth!! Or maybe I'll just hope that's for another story... :whistle:

I loved this - light, filled with the joy of shared memories, and this made me laugh out loud:
Catmoon wrote:“I knew a gay vamp once who was partial to lavender,” Josef quipped.
Perfect.

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Now I've got here again - just in order this time. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Red

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Cat I always loved your flare with humor. I enjoyed the Jay/Shay
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

How I miss Catmoon. Wonder where she is these days. :Mickangel: :hug:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

This story contains a great depiction of some guys' dismay and confusion about what to get their lady friends for Valentine's Day! :snicker: Poor Mick, he needs to relax a bit. And Josef is right, jewelry is almost always a perfect gift. :cloud9: :batseyes:

I love the idea of a vampire celebration of St. Valentine. Jay and Shay sure do know how to have a good time. I think that's part of what keeps them young.

That last scene with the rose is gorgeously written. :rose: You're such a poet, Cat. :heart:
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

I don't wear jewelry, so I'd be more apt to prefer Mick's suggestion.

Thank you so much. :heart: I admit that I love the last scene myself. It's quintessential JayShay.

I suppose I need to say something about my long absence from Facebook. I'm currently locked out and haven't been able to get back on yet, but even if I could, the severe depression and anxiety I'm going through currently are making my fantasy world in fandom the only place I can deal with without panic attacks. Yes, I'm a horrible person and all that, I know. It is what it is.

allegrita wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:58 pm This story contains a great depiction of some guys' dismay and confusion about what to get their lady friends for Valentine's Day! :snicker: Poor Mick, he needs to relax a bit. And Josef is right, jewelry is almost always a perfect gift. :cloud9: :batseyes:

I love the idea of a vampire celebration of St. Valentine. Jay and Shay sure do know how to have a good time. I think that's part of what keeps them young.

That last scene with the rose is gorgeously written. :rose: You're such a poet, Cat. :heart:

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

It's not horrible to go into self-protection mode when you need to, honey. :comfort2: Please feel free to curl up here whenever you need to. :heart:
This is a no-pressure zone, including no pressure to post. If you just want to hang out, you're very welcome. :rose:
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

allegrita wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:30 am It's not horrible to go into self-protection mode when you need to, honey. :comfort2: Please feel free to curl up here whenever you need to. :heart:
This is a no-pressure zone, including no pressure to post. If you just want to hang out, you're very welcome. :rose:
Thank you. That's exactly what I needed to hear right now. I'm working on reinforcing to myself that I deserve to be accepted as I am, faults and all.

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

:heart: :hug: :heart:

Return to “Cat Moon's Office”