Between Two Words, a Josef POV “Sleeping Beauty” Drabble -PG

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Between Two Words, a Josef POV “Sleeping Beauty” Drabble -PG

Post by librarian_7 »

A/N: Okay, I'd never written a drabble before, and I'd been challenged to write something from Josef's 1st person POV. So, here goes...

The concept here is that the drabble takes place between two lines of dialogue.

Between Two Words, a Josef POV “Sleeping Beauty” Drabble

“Listen, it wasn’t like—“

The past explodes over me, crowding out the present, and no matter how hard I try, how ruthlessly I suppress it the ghosts have their say. Four hundred years of life and death, four hundred years of sorrow, four hundred years of mistakes, and you can’t tell a ghost about the greater good, about expediency. You can’t tell them anything, they just haunt you, overcome you until you’re blind with regret. And Sarah the ghost not ghost you can’t tell her it was love and love continues forever…

“Look, I get lonely, man, you know that.”
mitzie
Courtesan

Re: Between Two Words, a Josef POV “Sleeping Beauty” Drabble -PG

Post by mitzie »

Intense POV! Josef having been through so much in his 400 years, never a day's rest from thoughts of Sarah!! :cry: Love it!!!!

mitzie
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

This is the one that started it all -- the whole concept of a drabble that fills in the blanks between two lines of dialogue.

Lucky - when you first showed me this, it blew me away. There was so much in Josef's eyes in that scene, so much going on beneath the surface. You've voiced beautifully what he couldn't say out loud.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

As mitzie said, this is very intense. Excellent :D
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
greenleaf9
Rogue vampire

Post by greenleaf9 »

Hey Lucky...was browsing the Josef Kostan World Domination index and stumbled upon this. All I can say is heartbreaking. :hankie: That line in Sleeping Beauty makes me well up every time. This does justice to that scene beautifully. Very intense, very sad. Poor Josef. :comfort:

Exquisitely written. I loved it. :clapping:

edited to fix a typo.
Last edited by greenleaf9 on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner created by the lovely RedNightBird.

"...The moon's an arrant thief, and her pale fire fire she snatches from the sun..." ~William Shakespeare

Better Safe Than Staked.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Thank you, gl, for bumping this up.

Yes, I'd bet Josef has many ghosts. Sarah being one of his latest.

This is the flipside of Josefs not believing in regrets. Nothing like loneliness to get the mind traipsing through memories that should be left in past where they belong. Loneliness is NOT Josef Kosten's friend. Besides, it breaks my heart to think of him as lonely.

I know Mick was trying to save his life in that episode by I wanted to yell at him for being to harsh.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks so much, gl and ga! I know Mick had a point about security, but I have always wanted to smack him for being so nasty to Josef in that scene!

Lucky
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Lucky--this is just... :hankie: :hankie: :hankie: ...beautiful.

I agree--I want to smack Mick, and tell him to think of all the times Josef has been there for him. On the other hand, they really do have the kind of relationship where they CAN be harsh to each other when they feel it's warranted. Maybe it was tough love on Mick's part. He couldn't wallow with Josef, he had to focus on the immediate problems.

But still... he might've taken the time to slap his friend on the back sympathetically, and share a Scotch with him... just a few minutes... :thunder:
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

I always thought that Mick's reaction was pretty harsh, as well. I mean, really..Josef's freshies would never put him in any danger and they would be the first ones he would call for comfort and for nourishment of both his body and his heart. Besides, they'd be worried sick about him..I'm sure the explosion was all over the news!! :gasp:

Mick should have known better..Josef's freshies would always put Josef first. :yes:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Josefismysire wrote:I always thought that Mick's reaction was pretty harsh, as well. I mean, really..Josef's freshies would never put him in any danger and they would be the first ones he would call for comfort and for nourishment of both his body and his heart. Besides, they'd be worried sick about him..I'm sure the explosion was all over the news!! :gasp:

Mick should have known better..Josef's freshies would always put Josef first. :yes:
That has also always been my thought. Because we all know how Josef's freshies feel about him!

Lucky

Return to “Drabbles and Short Pieces”