A Delicate Balance chapter 1--PG-13

lunalux
Fledgling

Re: A Delicate Balance chapter 1--PG-13

Post by lunalux »

Lucky,

I'll admit that The Coffee House brought me here and this is the first time I'm reading this. Better late than never and I am happy to be here.

I love the whole not dating "dating" - totally believable - and how I see them reconciling their misgivings against what they both obviously want. I love Beth being smart and strong while still respecting the boundaries Mick's set. And a wedding? What a wonderful choice of setting to evoke all sorts of emotions - I have a sneaking suspicion it may be the first wedding Mick's been to since his wedding..so..and of course, being the boyfriend.

Off to Chapter 2
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

I think I remember this from long, long ago in a galaxy far far away (or so it feels like sometimes). :lol: But definitely worth a re-read. I like how Mick and Beth fall into dating and realize after the fact -- holy s*** we're dating now! Or at least Mick does, being so busy rowing that boat down the famous Egpytian river... It's so them.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thank you everyone for the comments...I was so new to fanfic when I wrote this, and I think some of what everyone is seeing, was either accidental, or just instinct.

But I'm glad this has held up, and I'm ecstatic the Coffee House has brought new readers my way.

Thank you so much for reading and commenting!

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Love this!

The easy rapport, the genuine acceptance of each others needs and wants--their reactions are so like any couples adjustments to each other, even though they are a bit more unusual here.

Beth accepts Mick. All of him--in a way much more easily than he accepts himself.

Wonderful, wonderful start, Librarian7. Looking forward to seeing where you take this!

Thanks!

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

Came back for a reread of this lovely fic and have once again been charmed by the easy warmth here. Every couple has the uncomfortable, getting to know each other stage--Beth and Mick just have a couple of extra hurtles. :yes: Both are committed to this relationship.
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Apparently, this was written prior to LLF, as Josh is very much alive. While I am a bit surprised with the ease Beth shows in dismissing Josh, I love how casually he is no longer a part of the equation.

Look forward to the next chapter!

Thanks!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This is absolutely lovely.

Adore the slow build of their relationship, though they are already farther in than they both realize.

Wonderful, wonderful fic.

Thank you!!!!!
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Our wonderful fic-cheerleader, Jenna, has popped this one back up, and I'm glad she did. Lucky, you've got such a lovely touch with Mick and Beth. I know you adore Josef and you certainly write him beautifully, but it's pure pleasure to read your Mick and Beth stories. :heart:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

The 'fic-cheerleader' is at it again. Didn't know I had a title...

Anyway, I love this (no surprise there). The easy, comfortable rapport is so...normal, and how adorable that Mick is surprised by it. Beth takes his reactions in stride and goes with the flow.

Without any preplanning, they have slipped into new roles and Josh slips quietly into the past--a much better fate than the fatal trauma of Tejada. Maybe he will decide to relocate because L.A. has too many unpleasant memories.

Fabulous start!

Jenna (the fic-cheerleader...who knew?) :cheer:

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

Step by step dating..not speed dating! That is way much better! Building up their relationship, giving small detail of moments and feelings, you did a great job, Lucky! Now, let's see, one day, what will Mick decide? :laugh:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

I really loved this story. It showed that it doesn't matter if a man is mortal or vampire, they all fear that first initial step into coupledom! Mick had "the deer caught in the headlights" look for sure! LOL!

Well done!!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I know I've read this before, but apparently is was from the time when I didn't post comments. (I used to be like that. Go figure. :snicker: )

This is how I would expect Mick and Beth to be. Easy going and casual, Beth letting Mick take his time. And of course Mick didn't realize they had crossed into a dating couple because, well, they didn't have "Facebook official" back then. :laugh: Heck, they were still getting Netflix DVDs in the mail - no live streaming! :D

And this probably isn't the comment you'd expect to be pulled out for extra attention, but it made me grin ear to ear: :biggrin:
Beth hadn’t realized Mick’s eyebrows could go up quite that far.
And I love this comment from Catmoon:
Catmoon wrote:I like how Mick and Beth fall into dating and realize after the fact -- holy s*** we're dating now! Or at least Mick does, being so busy rowing that boat down the famous Egyptian river... It's so them.
I only have a vague recollection of how this story ends, so I am off to read Part 2! Lucky, you may have been new to fanfic when you wrote this, but your talent shines through from the beginning. :kiss:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

ahhhhhhhhhhhh, I am enjoying these sweet moments. Good times here. :ghug:

Return to “A Delicate Balance”