redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Afterglow, part seven (M/B/J, PG-13)

Post by redwinter101 »

Title: Afterglow
Author: redwinter101
Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: I don't own Moonlight or any of its characters
Note: Nothing really, except my apologies for the long wait for this update. The rest of the story is pretty well mapped out so hopefully it will run a little more smoothly from now on.

***********************************************************************************************************

--- Afterglow part 7 ---

Previously:

She gave herself a count of ten, dragging herself out into the chill room and through to the kitchen. Time to start the day. Saying her silent prayer for Mick, she pulled out a thick black marker pen and crossed off Monday 7th April on the calendar. "Day one."

Stepping back into their empty home filled him with dread. But he knew he had to do this properly, stay strong and that meant hitting the freezer. He had one final task to complete first. Pulling thick creamy paper and an envelope from the desk drawer, he started to write the first letter, the first of all those she would never receive. "Day one."

She felt the hum as soon as she stepped from the elevator; it was almost a pulse, a heartbeat, a faint pang of homecoming. Every day she felt it and it never waned. No matter where, the newsroom would always be home turf.

It had taken her a while to settle in; rumours dogged her - parachuted in by a wealthy benefactor over the editor's head; was she a lover being wooed with career advancement or was it simple, old-fashioned nepotism? She knew they'd been digging around but had found nothing to satisfy their curiosity. A couple of the junior reporters constantly sniped at her. She ignored them; but now she had Pete to put them in their place.

He grinned at her from across the expanse of humming workstations, unfolding himself from his battered leather chair, so out of place amid the corporate chic. He started to clap, slow, loud and resonant within the techno-thrum.

"Way to go, Turner. Way to go."

A ripple of applause brought a joyous flush to Beth's cheeks. She had almost forgotten how satisfying it was to break a big story, to beat the rest to the punch, to be first. It felt good and she was going to enjoy her moment, bowing briefly, a little embarrassed but unable to hide her grin. The thrill of acceptance was hard to deny.

"Did you hear? The DA's issued an arrest warrant. It's not just the affiliates that have picked up the story - this is going national. You need to do a quick follow-up on the warrant to wrap onto the piece for the evening news." Pete was rubbing his hands with ill-contained glee; he hated the abuse of power and their exposé of a particularly nasty slum landlord had fired up his zeal. That this particular slum landlord was the brother of the junior senator from Georgia was an added bonus. Pete's skill had made the story vibrant and gripping, filming the appalling circumstances in which many were living, showing the bullyboy tactics of the rent collectors and getting worked over for his troubles. He wore his newest battle scars with pride.

Beth had managed to win him over in the short time they had worked together. The first day they met, she had tartly informed him that she had two perfectly good names, neither of which was "Honey" and an instant friendship was formed. Now he was her guide through a new cityscape as well as her protector from enemies both in the newsroom and out in the real world.

"And once you've done that, we can go celebrate. On me. You've earned it."

"Thanks, Pete, but I'll pass. I've got a couple of other things to tie up here and then I'm gonna call it a night."

"No you don't. Enough with the little-miss-stay-at-home routine. This is a big day, for both of us. Celebrations are required and I won't take no for an answer."

Beth chewed her lip, considering. She hadn't had a night out since leaving LA; she hadn't felt like it and there were plenty of other things to keep her occupied. But maybe Pete was right. Maybe she deserved it. "All right, all right. Point taken. One drink, okay?"

With a mischievous chuckle and a slight shake of the head, Pete acquiesced. "We'll see about that. Now let's get set up - there's a barstool out there with my name on it."

The binoculars gave a clear view of the movements inside the kitchen; after tonight, they would be redundant, but for now, Mick had to do things the old-fashioned way, noting comings and goings, assessing room layouts, judging relationships through the distortion of a lens. He'd managed to build up a picture of the family he now watched having dinner: mom, dad, three kids and a dog, the perfect suburban fantasy. The only thing missing was the white picket fence.

But Mick hadn't fallen into the trap of feeling empathy for his prey; the machinations within this house were part of the cabal that dared to decide his fate, whether he lived or died. Whether Beth lived or died. Watching their familial harmony fed the dark fury that slow-burned in his gut, day in, day out. They had what they would deny him. They judged him unworthy, unclean, an outcast. "Judge not lest ye be judged," he whispered. He knew Josef thought he would baulk at plotting against women and children, but he was wrong. The family inside this unassuming house was his target and he would be relentless in his pursuit of them, to their very destruction if necessary.

Checking his watch, he figured they'd be on the road within the hour, packing kids, pets, belongings in the SUV and heading off to Big Bear. Usually he followed, but tonight he had other plans.

"Ryder? Mick. Everything set?"

"Ready to rock and roll." Mick rolled his eyes. Ryder was second to none when it came to tech but there were times when he sounded like a refugee from a seventies heist movie.

"Good. I'll call you when I'm set up inside and ready to test." Mick flipped the phone closed without waiting for a response. He was impatient, eager to get moving; this was his third target and the others had so far yielded nothing of use or interest. A month gone already, a precious month without any concrete progress. This lead had to give them something useful. It just had to.

Right on cue, the door opened and a tumble of bodies and noise spilled onto the driveway. He ducked down, waiting, listening to dad's irritation, the youngest kid's whining, the near-silent sulk of the older boy. "C'mon, c'mon, get a move on." He forced himself to take a breath, to calm his frayed nerves. In the grand scheme of things a few more moments were of no consequence, but he felt the tick of time constantly at his shoulder. Finally, the SUV roared past. He sat up, scanning; no nosy neighbours behind twitching curtains; no evening dog-walkers; the coast was clear.

Gliding across the front pathway, round to the rear of the house, he popped the lock on the patio door and headed for the alarm panel, hoping that Ryder's research was as good as he claimed. The tiny, powerful torch caught a flash of silver stare as Mick disabled the alarm and set to work. Fifteen cameras and microphones to embed in ceiling and wall voids without leaving a trace and still be out before dawn. A full night's work; Mick just hoped it wasn't all in vain.

"Here's to you. To us. A great team. And another scum-sucking sonofabitch on his way to an appointment with a jury of his peers." Pete raised his glass with a smile. He had brought Beth far from his usual slightly down-at-heel haunts. Their story was big news and he wanted to show off. Beth laughed, at his toast, and at his incongruity in the swanky media hotspot, filled with airbrushed anchors and smooth PR types.

"To us, indeed. And to you, Pete. It's your story just as much as it is mine. And you're the one with the bruises." She giggled, giddy with champagne, the glamorous surroundings, the recognition. National coverage. She couldn't stop glancing up to the screen in the corner, watching the CNN ticker reporting the Senator's embarrassment at his brother's misdeeds.

"You know, that's the first time I've seen you look truly happy since you got here. It suits you." Pete eyed her intently, gauging her reaction.

Beth was surprised; she had tricked herself into thinking she had hidden her cares from prying eyes, careful to save her tears and fears for the sanctuary of her apartment. "It's been a good day, Pete, a very good day. We both have reason to be happy."

"But then you do that," he gestured towards Beth's wedding ring as she twirled it round and round, part remembrance, part touchstone, "and the clouds descend again. You gonna tell me about him?"

"Um, no? It's complicated." A shrug of deflection. But Pete wasn't easily deterred.

"You can tell Uncle Pete, you know."

"You married?"

"Regularly." A grimace that spoke volumes. "But not at the moment. Footloose and fancy-free. Shame I'm not thirty years younger or I might just try to steal you away from whoever it is makes you so sad."

"Oh no, he doesn't make me sad. Mick makes me happier than I ever thought I could be." Her fierce glow at saying his name out loud was followed by a catch in her voice. Pete reached across the table, a friendly hand covering hers.

"But?"

"But, we can't be together right now. That's all. And I miss him. I miss him every second..." She stopped. She wouldn't break, not here, not in front of a man she hardly knew, a man she needed to respect her. "I'm sorry, Pete. Thanks for the drink. I've gotta go." With a brisk kiss on his cheek she was gone in a whirl, ignoring his entreaties to stay. Suddenly the glamour seemed tawdry, the success meaningless, because Mick wasn't there to share it. By the time she reached the door she was running, out onto the sidewalk, grateful for the cool air. She finally slowed after a couple of blocks, hailing a cab and slumping inside, head in hands.

"You okay, miss?"

A nod was all she could manage, eventually forcing out the address, heading for the apartment that would never really be home. Home was with Mick and he was half a world away. She had worked so hard to think of him every day without letting her emotions overtake her; she thought she had succeeded until that moment. She watched the buzzing city pass by, a blur of strangers and noise, so distant, so alien. Futility, loneliness, worry for him, fury at her own impotence.

"God, I am such an idiot!"

"What's that, miss?"

"Oh nothing, nothing. Just drop me here will you? I'll walk the rest of the way." She needed to walk, to think, to clear her head. By the time she reached the apartment, a ghost of a plan was forming; by the time she was at the computer, she knew precisely what she had to do. Here she was, in the seat of government, the most powerful people in the country, maybe even the world, surrounding her. The Legion had to be here too. Now it seemed so obvious.

She would find out; she would find them; she would make sure Mick didn't have to carry the load alone.

It was nearly dawn when Mick arrived at Josef's. Ryder had assured him everything was working fine but he wanted to check the feeds himself and catch up with the latest from Josef. He found them both in the office Josef had set up and loved to call "Ground Control".

"Morning, Mick. Come to check on your handiwork?"

"Josef. Ryder. Show me." He made his way round the bank of screens; they now had ten properties under twenty-four hour surveillance; each one gave them access to more data but increased the risk of discovery. And discovery would surely mean war. Ryder flicked between locations, turning the sound up to pick up the ambient hum. "Good. Anything else from the other cameras?"

"Ryder, would you leave us, please. I need to talk to Mick alone." Ryder scuttled out. Josef had that tone, the tone that spelt trouble and he was happy not to risk getting caught in the crossfire.

"What is it, Josef? Is it Beth?" Mick couldn't keep the tinge of panic from his voice.

"No, no, nothing like that. Have a seat. I have something to show you." Lifting a remote control from the desk, he flicked on the screen that almost covered one wall. It took Mick a moment to realise what he was looking at. Rising from his seat he crossed to the screen, mouth falling open in shock, one hand stroking through his hair.

"Oh my God."

"Precisely. We might need His help."

"And this is just LA?" Mick shook his head is disbelief.

"Indeed. All of the information we've gathered to date has created this wonderful picture." They both stared at the graph, detailed and intricate, shocking in its complexity: names, connections, occupations, all bound by a common link to the Legion.

"There must be a thousand names on there."

"Fourteen hundred and eighty-five to be precise. And that's in just over a month. Every new piece of information seems to lead onto another and another. The mafia's got nothing on these people - they seem to operate in cells. From what I can tell, they are even more secretive than me; most of them only have links with three or four others."

"Well then how the hell...? Josef, please tell me you have a plan, because I'm looking at this and thinking I'm in big trouble."

Josef winced. It was flattering to have so much faith placed in him but he understood the magnitude of the task ahead. "If you were to put together a chart for vampires in LA, it would look remarkably similar. The problem is, they have access to all of those resources," he wafted his hand across the screen. "We don't."

"So?"

"I love the confidence you have in me, Mick, and it's still early days, but you need to understand that this is not going to be easy. Not easy at all, my friend." His reassuring hand on Mick's shoulder only served to emphasise the hopelessness of his message.

"So you're giving up?" Mick shook him off, turning, glaring.

"Did I say that? Of course not. And you know me better than that." Josef stalked across to an armchair, snatching a tumbler of whisky en route, settling himself and taking a deep draught. "I'm just making sure you know precisely what we are up against so you can start considering your options."

"I am not having this conversation, Josef. Not now. Not ever." Mick had almost reached the door when Josef flicked the screen over to a news feed.

"Well, Beth seems to be settling into her new life remarkably well, don't you think?"

Her voice reached out to him; he didn't want to look, but he had no choice.

"CNN, no less. Big scoop, corrupt politician, hold the front page. You get the picture."

But Mick was no longer listening. She drew him closer, closer, until he was inches from the image, eyes wide, fingers outstretched. She glowed through the screen and he was caught between a laugh and a sob, joy and despair. He couldn't even focus on her words, just the sound of her voice, washing over him, making him forget. She looked beautiful, of course, but Mick could see the strain, the tiredness.

"Did you expect anything less, Josef? If you did, you really don't know Beth at all." His voice ached with pride. As her face faded, Mick turned and left, heading for home. Home to write to her of his joy, his love, his hope. For today, just for today, he would keep his despair to himself.

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: Afterglow, part seven (M/B/J, PG-13)

Post by darkstarrising »

Red,

I just so love this story. The separation is a month long now and Beth has settled in to a new routine, one that has brought her a measure of success....but it means nothing without Mick
A nod was all she could manage, eventually forcing out the address, heading for the apartment that would never really be home. Home was with Mick and he was half a world away. She had worked so hard to think of him every day without letting her emotions overtake her; she thought she had succeeded until that moment. She watched the buzzing city pass by, a blur of strangers and noise, so distant, so alien. Futility, loneliness, worry for him, fury at her own impotence.
Loved the imagery of Mick being able to see and hear Beth only though the news report....how that must have frustrated and saddened him
But Mick was no longer listening. She drew him closer, closer, until he was inches from the image, eyes wide, fingers outstretched. She glowed through the screen and he was caught between a laugh and a sob, joy and despair. He couldn't even focus on her words, just the sound of her voice, washing over him, making him forget. She looked beautiful, of course, but Mick could see the strain, the tiredness.
I could almost see him try and touch the screen....

Nicely done.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

"Did you expect anything less, Josef? If you did, you really don't know Beth at all." His voice ached with pride. As her face faded, Mick turned and left, heading for home. Home to write to her of his joy, his love, his hope. For today, just for today, he would keep his despair to himself.
I'm aching. I still don't know how they are going to beat the Legion - or even if it's a possibility. But how are Mick and Beth going to survive this seperation? They are already so battered. And so am I.

Beth's inspiration scares me. I pray she doesn't do anything foolish. She's all by herself in D.C. And these people aren't playing around.

I'm with Mick - I have total belief in Josef. He'll come up with something. I have to believe he will. But, Oh God, fourteen hundred and eighty-five? In L.A.?
Suddenly the glamour seemed tawdry, the success meaningless, because Mick wasn't there to share it. By the time she reached the door she was running, out onto the sidewalk, grateful for the cool air. She finally slowed after a couple of blocks, hailing a cab and slumping inside, head in hands.
Such hurt and despair. It's killing me.

Oh, and I'm liking Pete.
Last edited by GuardianAngel on Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

dsr, thank you. Delighted you're still enjoying the story. The curse of modern tech - they are so close, but still so separated.

GA, I love the ache (sorry...). And yes, Pete good, Beth foolhardy and Josef to the rescue. Maybe.

Red

wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Hmmmm... I don't trust easily... I wonder if she should have mentioned Mick's name to Pete... that whole "cells everywhere" thing got me worried.

And nice job with the procedural story here...

But oh the anguish of poor Mick... and for some reason I have the feeling this is gonna be much worse for him. She can so lose herself in her work, and he really doesn't do that. And now she's had a big success... that can change one's perspective...

So delighted to see this Red! No apologies for it taking time... you and Phee started up a whole new board and you've taken wonderful care of all of us... I imagine it's been hard to find time to write... plus I also imagine we're a bit draining!

But this was wonderful and so so appreciated!!! Yay!!
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
rijane
Freelance freshie

Post by rijane »

redwinter101 wrote:She would find out; she would find them; she would make sure Mick didn't have to carry the load alone.
Of course, Beth is not going to suffer silently and let Mick do all the heavy lifting, snooping, researching, figuring things out - this is Beth's forte. And I think she's going to kick a little ass :)

redwinter101 wrote:But Mick was no longer listening. She drew him closer, closer, until he was inches from the image, eyes wide, fingers outstretched. She glowed through the screen and he was caught between a laugh and a sob, joy and despair. He couldn't even focus on her words, just the sound of her voice, washing over him, making him forget. She looked beautiful, of course, but Mick could see the strain, the tiredness.
Sigh. That palpable yearning, I can see it. His hand on the screen and the want just radiating from him. Oh, my Mick. Bring them back together soon, okay?
catravers
Freelance freshie

Post by catravers »

Thanks for a great update.

I felt for Mick. The pain at seeing Beth on the screen - so close and yet so far.

She looked beautiful, of course, but Mick could see the strain, the tiredness.

Beth just going through the motions, day after day. Then the plan forming.

She would find out; she would find them; she would make sure Mick didn't have to carry the load alone.

I admit that I was happy that she now has some direction even though she will probably get in some sort of trouble.

Can't wait for more! :D
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Grace, as someone who is numbed by procedural, I shall take that as a huge compliment. And I agree, it'll be easier for Beth - not just because she has other things to focus on but just because she's her. She copes with stuff. Mick too - but with a boatload of angst thrown in. And draining? Never...

rijane, you came! I'll see what I can do about the ass-kicking. And as for the yearning, poor Mick indeed. I'll see about that whole getting back together thing....

catravers, thanks for the read and the comment - and yes, where Beth goes, trouble will surely follow.

Red

PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

I was armed - my hanky was close at hand. This is the first chapter of this I didn't weep my way through, but this was no less powerful.

I abhore hypocrisy in all its shapes and forms, so I loved this:
But Mick hadn't fallen into the trap of feeling empathy for his prey; the machinations within this house were part of the cabal that dared to decide his fate, whether he lived or died. Whether Beth lived or died. Watching their familial harmony fed the dark fury that slow-burned in his gut, day in, day out. They had what they would deny him. They judged him unworthy, unclean, an outcast. "Judge not lest ye be judged," he whispered.
NO ONE has the right to decide who lives and who dies and who belongs together. I love this Mick, love his resolve.

And OMG, I love this Beth. So strong, so intent on making her life work until she can be with Mick again, but it's always there, that feeling of loss...but she finds a way:
I have every faith in you, my friend, but I honestly don't see how Mick and Josef are going to fix this. And I'm a little worried Beth's going to make things worse by getting involved.

Just brilliantly done. I'll be with this one until the very end.

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

Well, I must say that with the numbers and secrecy the Legion has, I don't think Josef will be able to come up with a miracle! He will need more help from someone??!! I think Beth has more to keep her occupied(other than the Legion) but she is suffering as much as Mick is. I don't think she should have said his name to Pete in a public place where anyone could have heard it. :o Then again she did have some champagne and was feeling so desperate to hear herself say his name out loud that she just blurted it out. I like Pete, so far!! Great chapter!!! I love this story and can't wait for more!!!! *scream* *scream* *scream* *thud* *thud*

mitzie
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

Thanks, mitzie, delighted you enjoyed it. And the gang certainly have an uphill task - but they are resourceful.

Red

lorig
Fledgling

Post by lorig »

Nicely done and well worth the wait! Everything seems so ominous right now. I hope Josef can live up to Mick's hype! I loved it. Thank you Redwinter! Another brilliant update.
Gorgeous banner by PinkiePie
Tag by Mags and coco
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Mesmerizing. That was the first word that came to mind as I lost myself in this chapter.

First off, you write Mick like no other. You really get him. His voice, his mannerisms, his thoughts.
he was caught between a laugh and a sob
Know what this made me visualize? The scene where Mick thinks Josef is dead, and talks to Beth in the hallway outside of his apartment. He had that same sound emanating from him. Perfectly apt for this moment.

As far as Beth is concerned, her actions do not surprise me in the least. I told you long ago that I felt that she would help him in this matter, because that is how she operates, and if she thinks it will bring this to a quicker conclusion, you damn well better believe she will be digging in. She misses Mick horribly, but is doing what Beth does: getting by because she has to. She has always had the capacity to push things out of her mind when needed, and she is simply putting one foot in front of the other. I don't find that negates her love for him one bit.

Yes, she is successful at her new job. Again, no surprise, and with no Mick by her side, she has nothing but time to excel at her job. I did have a pang of worry when she mentioned Mick's name to Pete. I am hoping that means nothing, and isn't a harbinger of things to come.

God, the aching when Mick sees her on the screen. I felt his pain. Though he is busy doing what he needs to do, I think her absence affects him more intensely than his does her. She is used to working, living her life on her own terms. He has completely had to adapt to being with her, loving her. Once he made that switch to bring her completely into his world, that was it for him. Thus, the heartache of missing her must be eating him alive (or unalive?)

A tiny note: loved your Pete. What a fully realized character! You described him so well in just a few short sentences. I always love the tone you set with your fics, definitely your strong point. The bar where Beth and Pete had the celebratory drink: saw it. The house Mick was watching: pictured the family hustling about. (side note: when I lived in California, visited Big bear frequently, so, it felt very personal to me)

The fact that the enemy they are up against seems impossible, is nothing new. They have faced difficult, dangerous and complicated before, and we all know how that turned out!
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

PNWgal, thank you. It's always good to hear that Beth rings true and I'm delighted that Mick's resolve gets the thumbs up too - because it's going to be sorely tested. As for Beth making things worse, well maybe... you'll just have to wait and see. I almost cringed writing this - I feel the pain of the separation I'm putting them through and I know that I really am torturing them. I'm just glad you're sticking around for the ride.

*waves to lorig* Thanks for the read and the comment. Yes, things are a little ominous. For now :)

FdL, you make me sigh with contentment. Oh how I have missed your comments, dear, sweet Lisa. Mick's pain, Beth's resolve and lovely Pete - thank you for your kind words about them all. I *love* your optimism that everything will work out OK. Love conquers all, right?

Red

coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

Red what a wonderful treat to see this here on this very cold Monday morning :)
I knew you said it was on its way but I got quite excited when I actually saw it was posted :lol:

You can tell so strongly from this update that they are both managing to live seperately, coping but only barely without each other. Every other thought always about the other and their daily life masking how much they miss each other :(

Love this line. It's so very Beth :D
Beth had managed to win him over in the short time they had worked together. The first day they met, she had tartly informed him that she had two perfectly good names, neither of which was "Honey" and an instant friendship was formed.
You get a very strong sense of how Mick is feeling and what lengths he will go to to get back to the life he wants.
But Mick hadn't fallen into the trap of feeling empathy for his prey; the machinations within this house were part of the cabal that dared to decide his fate, whether he lived or died. Whether Beth lived or died. Watching their familial harmony fed the dark fury that slow-burned in his gut, day in, day out. They had what they would deny him. They judged him unworthy, unclean, an outcast. "Judge not lest ye be judged," he whispered. He knew Josef thought he would baulk at plotting against women and children, but he was wrong. The family inside this unassuming house was his target and he would be relentless in his pursuit of them, to their very destruction if necessary.
And there you go with the breaking my heart all over again. Poor Beth :( She had held it together so long and then the mention of Mick and what she has lost just hit her full force :(
"But, we can't be together right now. That's all. And I miss him. I miss him every second..." She stopped. She wouldn't break, not here, not in front of a man she hardly knew, a man she needed to respect her. "I'm sorry, Pete. Thanks for the drink. I've gotta go." With a brisk kiss on his cheek she was gone in a whirl, ignoring his entreaties to stay. Suddenly the glamour seemed tawdry, the success meaningless, because Mick wasn't there to share it. By the time she reached the door she was running, out onto the sidewalk, grateful for the cool air. She finally slowed after a couple of blocks, hailing a cab and slumping inside, head in hands.

"You okay, miss?"

Beth never did know when to "stay in the car" :lol:
The Legion had to be here too. Now it seemed so obvious.

Loved this exchange between Josef & Mick. Josef making sure Mick knew exactly how hard this was going to be and Mick not prepared to listen to him.
"Did I say that? Of course not. And you know me better than that." Josef stalked across to an armchair, snatching a tumbler of whisky en route, settling himself and taking a deep draught. "I'm just making sure you know precisely what we are up against so you can start considering your options."

"I am not having this conversation, Josef. Not now. Not ever."
Yep, heart breaking once again Red :( To see the same sense of despair from Mick that Beth was feeling earlier in the update. So sad. The last paragraph was perfection Red :D

Oh how I love this story :D
This has made my day Red. Thanks so much :D
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:

Return to “Afterglow”