Old interview with Shannyn discussing Coraline's character

Locked Shannyn threads are here.
Carisa ITT

Old interview with Shannyn discussing Coraline's character

Post by Carisa ITT »

I just came across this old article, in which Shannyn discusses her Character Coraline/Morgan, how the actors got into their characters and fan reaction to Coraline. It even touches upon Alex' involvement in the show beyond his acting responsibilities.

Find it in two parts:

http://ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2491

http://ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=2510

Carisa ITT
Phoenix
Moonlightaholic Founder

Re: Old interview with Shannyn discussing Coraline's character

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks for that, Carisa. :D
Beautiful tag courtesy of SirenSong.
Image My fanfic index. My banner art.

Each player must accept the cards life deals him. But once they are in hand, he alone must decide how to play the cards in order to win the game. Voltaire.
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

Alex [O’Loughlin] has been really involved in the vampire elements so that it’s not just a procedural show. They all want it to have the depth of the vampire world and where they come from and all of the history. That stuff makes it yummy to watch, because procedural gets boring after awhile and there are so many of them on TV.

I think if they took some more risks with the characters that people would love it, but there is always a procedural element of something that has to be figured out in every episode. I think Mick will always be a part of the stories even if it is more Josef heavy or Coraline heavy or Beth heavy. So far, they’ve stuck to that, but I think it would be a great idea. I bet Alex would like it too, so he could at least have a little bit of a break. They could really make it interesting and make it more dramatic. I certainly think the audience of this show isn’t watching each week to see what the procedural for the week is going to be. I think they watch it for the drama. They love Mick and Beth and the tension between them, and I think they’re responding well to Coraline. Even if people hate her, people need to be rooting for something to happen. I think even if they are reacting against Mick and Coraline, then I’m doing my job and they should root against it.

Shannyn totally got this show. SHE should have been the producer. LOL That interview made me like her A LOT.

Could someone PLEASE tell me why we can see all this crap and none of the so-called TPTB could? :roll:
*Christy*

mwj01
Courtesan

Post by mwj01 »

Thanks for posting! I enjoyed reading it again. :D

"Damn this man and his eternal hotness!" -SirenSong

Return to “The Shannyn Archives”