Author: Heartagram_lala
Fandom: Moonlight
Characters/Pairing: Mick, Beth, Josh
Rating: PG
Warnings: Spoilers for the end of ep 11
Word Count: 888
Summary: Beth grills Mick about Tejada's murder
Notes: Set after episode 11

“Tejada was found dead” Beth says simply as she looks at Mick over her laptop.

The last few days had been tension filled between the pair, but they had managed to be civil and talk about what happened. Beth apologised for asking Mick to turn josh, and Mick accepted, saying he was sorry that josh died, but that he did everything humanly possible to save him.

Things obviously hadn’t gone back to the way they were before, with the flirting and the longing looks, but they were at least managing to be civil, and now they sat in Mick’s living room working on a new case, Beth having just started up her laptop and began to read the news headlines.

“Really?” Mick asks, trying to feign surprise.

“Yeah, says he was found hunched over his desk with half his throat ripped out, the police are saying someone set a dog on him” Beth said looking up at Mick knowingly.

“Its plausible” Mick replied trying to avoid contact.

“A dog trained to go straight for the neck?” Beth asked as she continued to read the article.

“You can train a dog to do almost anything” Mick replies taking a sip of blood from his glass.

“The witnesses didn’t mention a dog” Beth retorted, noticing Mick’s body stiffen.

“What did they say?” he asked trying to not sound too alarmed.

“Babbled something about a man throwing people across the room with one hand and jumping to the ceiling without a second thought, they also mumbled something about fangs, but by that time the police had completely discredit everything they said, blaming alcohol and drugs for their incoherent ramblings” Beth said with a smirk.

“Well if they saw fangs its plausible that there was a dog there, they have teeth that look like fangs you know” Mick said searching fruitfully through the case report of his latest missing persons case, hoping to find something to change the direction of the conversation.

“Yeah, right, oh by the way Carl rang trying to get a hold of you, said to thank you for your help in the interrogation room, but unfortunately it seemed the guy gave you the wrong name of the bar, all they found when they raided it was a bunch of drunks” Beth said looking up at Mick who still had his head buried in a manila folder.

“Too bad” he mumbled.

“He did ask me to try and find out what you said to the guy to make him ‘freak out’, Carl’s words by the way” Beth said shifting back in her chair and turning to look fully at Mick, who was still ignoring her.

“A little interrogation trick I know” Mick mumbled before opening another manila folder.

“Would it have something to do with, oh I don’t know, fangs?” Beth asked seriously.

Mick let out a sigh and put the folder down, finally looking up at Beth.

“What if it did?” Mick replied, turning his full attention to Beth.

“Why did you tell Carl the wrong address?” Beth asked, having had enough of small talk.

“What do you mean?” Mick asked, knowing his cover was blown.

“Don’t play dumb with me Mick, I know what you did” Beth replied, “I’m just wondering why you didn’t’ tell me about it.”

“Because it proves that I am a monster, I used what I am to my advantage to hurt others, I killed multiple people in cold blood, I flaunted myself in front of others to terrify them and I enjoyed every minute of it” Mick spoke his face conveying the guilt he was feeling.

“You killed a man who terrified people for a living, a man who has killed men for nothing more then saying “no” to him, a man who had been financing all kinds of criminals in more then one country, I’m not seeing the bad side to that” Beth replied closing her laptop softly.

“What about the others I killed?” Mick asked softly.

“You mean the ones that worked for him, and had also killed people, and who I'm guessing shot you without a second thought?” Beth replied smiling slightly when Mick looked up at her wondering how she knew.

“Yeah, them” Mick replied with a soft smile.

“You did the world a favour Mick” Beth said standing up to walk over to Mick and sit next to him.

“I still lied to Carl” Mick said.

“Tejada got what he deserved, he would have just intimidated more people to get himself out of going to jail, and even if he did he would have had way too much influence inside anyway” Beth replied before placing her hands on top of Mick’s.

Mick didn’t speak he just looked at Beth’s warm hands covering his, he didn’t understand how she could sit there so calmly next to him after everything that had happened, especially not after what he had just confessed to her.

“Thank you” Beth said softly, her words causing Mick to look at her in confusion.

“For what?” Mick asked.

“For avenging Josh’s death,” Beth said simply before placing a soft chaste kiss on Mick’s lips.

She got up and returned to her seat on the couch and opened her laptop, Mick stayed still, stunned for a moment before looking up to Beth and speaking.

“You’re welcome”

---end---

Comments make my day!
jen
Cleaner

Re: Avenged - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - PG

Post by jen »

Yes, Beth is definitely all in.

Very well done.

Thank you!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Re: Avenged - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - PG

Post by heartagram_lala »

jen wrote:Yes, Beth is definitely all in.

Very well done.

Thank you!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Thank you =D

Return to “heartagram_lala's Office”