[x]Rating: PG
[x]Warning: None
[x]Pairing: Mick/Beth
[x]Genre: Angst
[x]Words: 379
[x]Spoilers: None
[x]Summary: "I've often wondered what it's like to die"
[x]Disclaimer: Not my toys, im just borrowing them =D

I’ve often wondered what it is like to die.

What does the last breath to inflate your lungs feel like? Does it hurt, does it burn, or does it fade away into nothingness without you realizing?

Do you notice the darkness creep over your eyes until you can’t see any more? Or do you just fall into unconsciousness like a long awaited sleep?

Do you know when you are dead?

I’ve asked myself these things a fair few times over the years, but the closest I’ve come to dying is the tearing of my heart as I push Beth away.

Every time I see her eyes look into mine, asking that I let her in and that I let her love me, I my heart breaks a little.

I reject her, time and time again, not because I want to, but because I must.

If I allow her to be near me I am allowing her to be near danger.

The one thing I have sworn to always protect her from.

If something were to ever happen to her I know that I would truly know what I feels like to be dead.

I may still walk with the undead but I would not be alive.

There would be no heart, no mind, no soul.

They would all die with beth.

So I push her away and tear my heart in two, I push her towards and normal and safe life.

And then when she is old and frail I will realize, that whilst I may have saved her from the danger of the world, I have not saved her from death.

I will watch as she dies and I will die along with her.

I would still walk with the undead, but my heart would be as dead as any human 6 feet under ground.

I would be a corpse. Cold and rotting. The elements eating away at flesh and bone until not a whisper of my once living body is left.

An empty shell to walk through eternity all the while wondering what if?

What if I had let her love me?

What if I had let myself love her?

What if I had saved her, and therefore myself from death, and let us live together, forever?

---End---

Comments make my day!
Last edited by heartagram_lala on Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Re: Dying - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT

Post by Moonlighter »

That's a lot to think about. But it was heartbreaking to read his angst. My vote is: Mick turn her and be done with it, buddy!
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Re: Dying - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT

Post by heartagram_lala »

Moonlighter wrote:That's a lot to think about. But it was heartbreaking to read his angst. My vote is: Mick turn her and be done with it, buddy!
I agree, it's a lot to think about, but my vote is the same as yours.

A love like theirs deserves eternity together, one human lifetime is just not long enough for someone as special and unique as what they have =D

Yes i am a sap, lol, but i blame them! haha
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Re: Dying - Mick/Beth - ONESHOT - PG

Post by Catmoon »

I'm glad that, in this piece, Mick seems to have realized what will happen if he continues to push Beth away and deny them both. It's a very important realization for him, and he'd be a fool to disregard it.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

Catmoon wrote:I'm glad that, in this piece, Mick seems to have realized what will happen if he continues to push Beth away and deny them both. It's a very important realization for him, and he'd be a fool to disregard it.
thanks, and yeah sometimes Mick needs a wake up call... or a good ole slap to the back of the head and a "wtf is wrong with you?" lecture =P
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

It has been said that the first step to solving a problem is to identify it and you identified it beautifully here.

The logical conclusion is that Mick would analyze the problem, try to find another way around it, and then finally just get on with it and turn her, already. If he doesn't lose her before he makes up his mind. A close call might be needed to motivate him a little--I was going to say 'build a fire under him' but we seriously don't want THAT.

Well done!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
heartagram_lala
Fledgling

jen wrote:It has been said that the first step to solving a problem is to identify it and you identified it beautifully here.

The logical conclusion is that Mick would analyze the problem, try to find another way around it, and then finally just get on with it and turn her, already. If he doesn't lose her before he makes up his mind. A close call might be needed to motivate him a little--I was going to say 'build a fire under him' but we seriously don't want THAT.

Well done!

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
LOL yeah no fires under our favourite vamp hahaha, but yes i think it would take a solid realisation that Beth could be gone from his life for him to get over his hangups and 'do the deed' =P

Thanks again for the comment

Return to “heartagram_lala's Office”