No nookie (kidding... don't panic, but please read)!

Come in, relax, and read.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Re: No nookie (kidding... don't panic, but please read)!

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

just chiming in here with my couple of coins:

I'm all for keeping maximum surprise value in a story - so warning's yes, but I hate getting warnings that are too detailed. I don't even understand why we need to warn about a character death. unless there is extreme gore and violence and then that would be the warning. I know we have to be careful about under 18's getting access to stories, but until some foolproof method of age checking is available we'll just have to do the best we can by putting fics in the clearly marked NC-17 section.

And as for nookie warnings - I'm with the others - I find them off putting and am with cat, I usually don't open them. I really feel like I'm being spoiled by lots of the fics here - beautiful prose, plot, emotion, spot on characterisation, and well handled sex - some more graphic than others - but usually really well handled. Bouquets everyone.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:Well, there's nothing inherently wrong with PWP...as long as one can manage to keep it in character.

Lucky

I agree... vampires got needs... but that doesn't mean that, like a schizophrenic, Eve Black comes out during the sex scenes leaving Eve White for the PI work... in the end, it's all the same vamp.

And it's just so much more satisfying when it's Mick, real Mick, having a bit of fun... not some imposter runaway from a bad, tho X-rated sitcom. I mean the sex itself is sexier if it's actual Mick (or Josef, or Beth or Cora... whoever).

God bless y'all who can write real Mick in the bedroom...

Or real Mick in the dungeon, or real Mick in the Spring, or real Mick on the beach...
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

grace--we are of the same dirty, dirty mind.

Mick anywhere is great. But make it the real deal, the guy we fell in love with on ML, otherwise, it is original fic, not ML fanfic.
Emerald
Sire

Post by Emerald »

ITA on the characterisation bit...I agree that the dynamics once a relationship moves to a certain level can change to a degree, but essentially it should still be the same recognisable characters.

I don't read a lot of MickBeth Fics, but when I do read them I actually like to read about Mick and Beth not the Invasion of the Body Snatching Pod Characters. :thumbs:

And characterisation is very important to me, so if I ever take characters out of character...I want to be told, pleeze :rose:
"Vampires are outside the realms of human constructed notions of sexuality"

I will go down with this ship
And I won't put my hands up and surrender
There will be no white flag above my door
I'm in love and always will be

Queen of the Jock (Josef/Mick) Shippers

Return to “The Library”