Ella713
Courtesan

Feature Film Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
Feature Film
Rated PG
By: Ella713

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Mick and Carl help the LAPD catch a crazed serial killer terrorizing Los Angeles

Mick and Beth paid for their tickets and walked to their seats. It was good to see people out and about enjoying themselves again, forgetting about the awful pandemic that had turned the streets of Los Angeles into a ghost town.
"You know we could have watched this movie in the theatre in Kostan Towers......for free" Beth said.
"I know, but I've missed this whole movie experience. You know this gathering together in a dark theatre filled with strangers with everyone ready to watch a movie together. It's just special" He explained with a smile as the lights were darkened and the trailers began to play. Most of the trailers were comedies and suddenly a horror trailer began to play. It showed the image of a young blonde woman walking down the street. The camera followed her. She stopped and turned to look over her shoulder as she realized someone was following her.
"Hello?" She said. Hearing nothing she continued to walk. Then the scene cut and a voice said "Watch what happens next!" Then it showed the same girl in an apartment maybe her own, sitting on a sofa staring straight ahead, looking terrified.
"What do you want!!??" She screamed with tears in her eyes. Then there was gun shot right in the middle of her head and blood splattered behind on the sofa and curtains. The audience screamed in shock. Then a masked man appeared in front of the camera and spoke.
"That was number 1" Then the film ended and the lights came on. Everyone stared at each other wondering what the hell that was they'd just seen, when an Usher rushed in.
"I'm sorry, our system has been hacked so it's going to take a while to get things started again. If you want a refund please make your way to the front of the theatre and we'll take care of you or you can exchange your ticket for another time. Thank you and again we apologize" And he hurried quickly out of viewing room.
"Mick, do you think that was real?" Beth asked is shock. Mick was about to say he wasn't sure, but when he saw LAPD walk in, he knew what they saw was very true.

In the matter of two weeks, three of these murder films were shown in local theatres and the police had no idea how the killer was pulling it off. Their IT team said the hacker had amazing first rate computer skills and had had them running into firewalls at every turn. Since it seemed that the killer preferred redheads the police made a PSA plea to every young woman with red hair to make sure if they had to be out, they would be in a group or in the company of someone else. Women with red hair began making appointments at salons and dyeing their locks any other color but read. Mick and Carl had just got off the phone with Paul their office on the inside.
"We're going to have to call Logan and have him, Lucky and Sam working on this together" Carl said.
"Logan is already on this. When he heard about this story on the news and heard about someone hacking a theatre screen....well let's just say he's interested.
"Good. So, what do you think we're dealing with? I mean he's gotta be doing this for some reason!" Mick asked.
"Well, the fact that he wants to show his crimes to the public means he's probably a justice seeker. These women either represent someone who hurt him in the past, or caused hurt in some kind of way".
"So these are basically public executions" Mick said.
"Yeah".
"We have to find out if these girls had any connection to each other" Mick said.

Mick went to Logan and find out if he uncovered anything.
"Tell me you have good news" Mick said.
"We're getting there but get this! There are other cases of this crime being committed in2 other states. The first was in Tucson, Arizona at a very large AMC theatre. The footage was shown right at the time the move was starting. Then another time. a girl with red hair was filmed and her murder shown in Denver Colorado, at another larger theatre The Regal. All victims were shown executed by a single shot to the head" He said as he continued to type, "You better check with Sam. She's focusing on the IP address". He said as Mick went to see Gideon and Sam.
"Alright the first girl's name is Gwen Banks and Olivia Hansen were enrolled at UA. Gwen was born and raised in Santa Fe and Olivia was raised in New Jersey. Both were fairly good students.....well this might get you somewhere. They were both film majors".
"What kind of films we're they interested in?" Mick asked.
"Let's see......Gwen was focusing on period pieces and Olivia was a documentary girl all the way. Every film she submitted was a thought provoking Orwellian type film". She finished.
"Who did these girl's piss off?" Mick said to himself
"Did they both graduate?" Gideon asked.
"Yeah. Gwen started to work right after graduation for PBS and Olivia was going for a Master's degree" Sam replied.
"I think you should look at everyone who was also taking film classes with them. I'm sensing a lot of evil in that classroom" Gideon said carefully.
"No can do on the IP address. Whoever did this is a genius hacker like I've never seen before. They are literally leaving no foot print whatsoever! When you find them, please let me talk to them for a bit". She finished looking on in awe at what she saw.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Feature Film Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Mick's case had come to an abrupt stand still and everyone was waiting on pins and needles to see what would happen next. He continued to investigate every moment of the victim's life until he had a thought.
"Logan, I was wondering if you could look at each victims family line". Mick asked.
"What exactly am I looking for?" Logan asked.
"Anything and all things. Basically anything you can find." He said hanging up and leaning against his car. Something was really off about this case. To go after these people who had for all appearances, had led a pretty blame free life made no sense whatsoever. Then a thought came to him and he hurried to the morgue. Guillermo smiled when he saw Mick walk in the door.
"What can do for you?" He replied.
"I need to see both of the move theatre victims" He said as Guillermo walked to the cadaver drawers and pulled them open. Mick gently leaned over each body inhaling deeply. He knew he smelled something on the bodies that didn't belong. He opened his eyes quickly as he identified the answer.
"That's vamp smell" He said. Guillermo looked at him in shock, then got closer to the bodies and began to inhale.
"Shit! I can't believe I missed it.....wait....they weren't killed by a vamp, but they were definitely around one...you think they were freshies?"
"Could be but maybe it was a vamp trying to not let on that it was a vamp attack?"
"Yeah, but why do it in such a public way? This vamp would have to be insane to take a large scale chance like this. Especially knowing the repercussions." He said.
"And the vamp smell is an old one. Not as old as an Ancient but close to our age". Mick said. "Definitely old enough to know better".
"Well, there hasn't been any other "scary movies" so maybe this was just a one time thing".
"Maybe" Mick said slowly but he knew somehow that this was going to go on.

Katie Diamond was well known Goth street artist. Her graffiti art was surprisingly accepted. Even when she created her masterpieces on the side of some shop, the owners all thought of it as a way to put their business on the map. After she had hit somewhere, people came from all over the city to view it, so no one was unhappy with her work. She was a closely guarded secret with some shop owners, making it known that she was welcome to work her magic on their store front any day. But at the 2pm Showing of Black Widow she was executed for the entire theatre to see.

Captain Hernandez called Mick and Carl immediately.
"I really need you two to look into this, because this killer has the LAPD running around in circles! We even contacted the FBI cyber division to look into this hack and after putting their best people on it, they came up with nothing" He explained.
"Well we've exhausted every angle in their backgrounds and these were just good young people trying to make it in LA."
"That's about where we are as well" He replied.
"Mick's working on some new theories so we'll let you know what we find out" Carl said.
"What did he say?" Mick asked.
"He's in the same position we are. Going no where fast. Pretty soon the entire city is going to freak out"
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick had a hard time sleeping and at 5am he finally figured out why and he jumped out of bed, got dressed and drove to Logan's. He pulled up and began to knock on the door loudly. Logan threw open the door with a wide smile.
"I found out what your victims had in common with one another" He started to say.
"They were hunters" Mick said.
"You just couldn't let me have this one could you? Okay, yeah they were hunters. Both their family lines trace back to Vom Bruen, and Stanzilov respectfully and as you know that's some top tier vampire killing right there. This bloodline doesn't wait until your older to kick in, they have vampire killers as young as 9-10 years old, so if someone if knocking them off it's gotta be a bad ass ancient vamp" Logan finished. Mick took in all he said. He had only heard stories of the famous vampire killers. They had hunted vampires to the point of near extinction in the 1700's.
"Wait...this makes no sense. If these girls came from those bloodlines, they would have sensed the attack before the vamp even reached them, so how did this happen? I mean, I've known some pretty bad ass vamps in my days, but no one could take on hunters of this caliber".
"Well, you or Brian or Josef took care of pretty much all the most deadly vampires, so who's left? Looks like you need to talk to Zoe" Logan said.

Mick drove back to Kostan Towers and knocked on their door.
"Hey Mick, if you're looking for Gabe you just missed him. He had to get to work early today" She said letting him into the apartment.
"Actually, it's you I need to see. I'm sure you've heard about these murders?"
"At the theatres? Yeah. That's just horrible" She said.
"Well, both victims were hunters and from the top of the hunter hierarchy. Vom Bruen and"
"Stanzilov".
"But that's impossible Mick. There isn't a single vampire left who's strong enough to go against one of those bloodlines. The only one left that may have a chance at at succeeding and keep in mind that chance is whisper thin, is Jasper from New Orleans and we know100% it wasn't him due to the fact that he rarely if ever leaves his territory and he also 100% never brakes the rules".
"Are you sure there's no one left? Could you just check your records for me?" He asked.
"Okay. Wait here" She said when she noticed that Mick was going to follow her. Zoe was meticulous in her recordkeeping and she wanted no one around her archives.

Mick waited for 20 minutes before Zoe came back.
"I've gone through everything and there's honestly only two vamps that might stand a chance and that's Jasper from New Orleans and Ruby Kildaire from Dublin. Now, I myself don't think it's either one of them, but if anyone stood a chance it would be them" She said.
"Has Ruby been in the states lately?"
"Once in 1955. Apparently, she had a huge obsession with Elvis and had to see him in concert, but she hasn't been back since that time"
"Yeah, and I guess she wouldn't come back now that she has Elvis". Mick said as Zoe blinked in shock.
"She turned Elvis? You have to be kidding!" Zoe screamed.
"No. She turned him 1961 and took him to Ireland. The guy who died, was an Elvis impersonator".
Zoe kept shaking her head in disbelief.
"Wow! I don't know what to say! I see that information nowhere in the records"
"It was kept off the books so to speak. Elvis wanted everyone to think he was still alive"
"Well it has to go in the records" She said firmly picking up her pen and adding the information.

Mick stopped off at Josef's before he headed back to the office.
"Did you find your "Movie Killer" yet?" He asked.
"No, but I will. Do you remember Ruby Kildare?" Mick asked.
"Yeah. Why is she here?" He asked quickly standing up. Josef and Ruby had a tiny misunderstanding about territory.......and Josef was victor, but everyone always thought that Ruby had revenge on her mind.
"No I don't think she is but I'm asking about her because the two women who were killed here, were hunters. The most deadly hunters"
"Von Bruen" Josef said quietly.
"Yeah and Stanzilov".
"And you think Ruby is responsible for the murders?"
"Her age and experience make her a prime suspect"
"Yeah Ruby is an Ancient, but she just doesn't have it in her to execute anything this elaborate and in any case she would never leave "The King" for a moment".
Mick thought about what Josef said. When it came to her blinding, never ending love for Elvis she would never take the chance of leaving him alone to commit these crimes.
"Do you think he could be responsible?" He offered.
"Hell no! Elvis is too delicate for all of that not to mention everyone knows him. He can't exactly blend into the scenery. The curse of being gorgeous". Josef joked.
"But if you're looking for someone who really has it in for all hunters, I'd say check with Eddie in West Virginia. Those hillbilly vamps will carry a grudge until the world is no more. And word is their hatred for hunters is pretty hardcore. A hunter killed their sire".
"Who was their sire?"
"Earl Bennet and he was pretty old. Fought in the Civil War but got bitten and turned somewhere in the Appalachian foothills. Everyone thought he was dead or captured, but he returned to continue fighting with...shall we say enhanced abilities. I think he was finally destroyed by a Von Bruen descendant". Josef explained.
"Is his clan capable of an attack like this?"
"I'd say no right off the bat. His clan is damaged. They were heavily into family closeness if you get my my drift and it's caused a lot of difficulties. They're all kind of feeble minded. Can't see them setting up something like this, but you never know".

This gave Mick a lot of think about it.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

"Hey Mick!" Simon said opening up the door "What's going on?"
"Trouble. I'm going to have to bother you for your girlfriend's help with this one" Mick said.
"Well Isabelle is always down for some trouble. I'll call her" he said taking out his mobile. And in half an hour Isabelle walked through the door.
"What has happened?" She said walking up to Mick.
"These murders...well, two of the victims were hunters. Von Bruen and Stanzilov hunters"
"Who would take on hunters of this caliber?"
"Josef thought maybe it was a clan in West Virginia. It seems their sire was destroyed by them"
"And we're to go to the backwoods? We will have to be well prepared. While Earl's tribe might not be the smartest they make up for it in other ways. They will have many traps surrounding their lair. Dangerous traps". Isabelle said.
"I know nothing of the area are you familiar with it?"
"Yes. It is very dense and filled with bears and cougars. We will have to travel from air" She said looking at Mick with a curious expression while Mick stared at her.
Oh! Yeah Flying Angel Express" He said with a smile. "When would you like to leave?"
"Tomorrow morning. Early. I will have Katrina be on the lookout for intruders"
"Alright. To the country we go" He said turning to leave.

"Would you like to come with us?" Mick asked Carl who threw his head back laughing.
"That would be hard pass Mick. Let's just say that black folks vampire or not don't venture that far into the country. They might think I'm Lucifer himself!" He said still laughing. "But be careful. With that pretty face they may want to reenact Deliverance!"
"I hate that movie" Mick said with grimace.
"All men hate that movie! Good luck".

Isabelle showed up at Mick's apartment at 3am. He slowly opened the door.
"What are you doing here? What time is it?" He said rubbing his eyes.
"3am which means 6am there".
"Okay. Let me throw on some clothes" He said and hurried to his bed room.
"Be careful" He heard Beth say quietly.
"I will" He said kissing her goodbye. Grabbing his jacket, he took hold of Isabelle's hand and in seconds they were deep in the woods. He quickly picked Isabelle up and and flew high above the trees. "Do you see anything?" He asked.
"Yes. Let's go to that tree" She said pointing and Mick sat her down on a large branch. "Their lair is right below us" She whispered. They saw candlelight and knew they were heard. Mick shielded their presence and watched two scruffy men with shotguns step out of the structure and look all around. Sniffing the air around them.
"I smell a vampire.......and somethin' else" One of them said.
"I don't smell nothin. It was probably a critter that got caught up in a trap" The other said. "I'm goin' back in" he said noticing his brother wasn't following him. "you comin'?"
"Naw, you go on back, I'll stay her for a while" He said checking his shot gun to make sure it was it loaded with silver buck shots.
"You stay right here. I'll be right back" Mick whispered to Isabelle. Mick very quickly swooped down and picked up the vamp and dropped him off at in a cell in the basement of the cleaner's interrogation room. The shocked vampire looked at Mick becoming very frightened upon seeing his wings. He fell to the floor and hid his face. Mick returned to Isabelle. "Let's go get the others" He said landing on the front stairs of the house. Isabelle kicked open the door with suck force the door splintered into pieces when it hit the wall. Mick quickly knocked out 3 of the clan and Isabelle handled the other two. Mick then transported them all to the cells. He turned on the lights and was shocked at their misshapen features from generations of incest. They all howled in fear as they fell to the ground not daring to look up.
"Which one of you killed the women?" Mick roared at them. They all began to shiver in fright.
"It weren't us! We ain't killed nobody!" One screamed out.
"Don't lie!" Mick thundered out in a booming voice "I can smell the victim on you!!" He said pointing to the vamp in question. "You come into a territory of another and spill blood!!"
"They killed our sire!" He screamed out. Mick looked at the hideous vamp. Starting into his soul. He opened the cell and using his wings, chopped off the vamps head. "Who else wants to lie to me?" He said as his eyes glowed bright red. All the siblings cried out at the loss of their own.
"Mick you will get nothing for them. They are loyal to a fault and will die before telling you what they know" Isabelle said quietly to him. Mick silently contacted Gabriel who was at his side in seconds.
"What do you need?" Gabriel asked.
"They all know something that I wish to know" Mick said. Gabriel went into the first cell and stood in front of the vamp diving into his mind, but all his saw was an elderly woman, most likely his own mother giving birth. He looked at the next vamp and saw the same thing then it dawned on him. These people were products of incest. Who would turn such a people he thought to himself when he heard a tiny gasp. He looked at the vampire trying hard not to notice his horrid features. This vampire was scared to death and when Gabriel looked him straight in the eye he screamed as Gabriel plucked the thought from his mind.
"They have a sister. Her name is Beatrice and she's not like them. She was also enrolled in the same school as your victims" Gabriel said.
"Put them to sleep little one now!" Isabelle commanded and saw all the vamps fall to floor. "They were going to contact the sister and warn her" She said.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick's phone rang and he saw that it was Logan.
"Yeah Logan"
"Mick, I had a hard time trying to find info on the street artist because she literally had no background that could be traced, but she was arrested for a drunken brawl at a bar 6 years ago and her prints are in the system. Katie Diamond was born Helena Ramanov, of the Hungarian clan of hunters. She was one bad ass hunter! She took down that vamp biker gang in Dallas". He said in a hurry.
"Thanks Logan. Great work" Mick said hanging up. "This now makes a lot more sense. Something tells me this sister is mortal which is why the hunters didn't detect them because there's no way this bunch would have been capable of taking out hunters with skills like theirs" Mick said.
"And here we all thought them to be feeble and weak" Isabelle said staring at the disfigured vamps on the floor. Mick pulled out his phone and rang Zoe.
"Hey Mick! What's going on?" She asked.
"Do you have any records on a coven from Appalachia?"
"Earl Bennet. That has to be the worst turning on record. Some one really should have stepped in and had them all destroyed. Earl was turned during the Civil War and was determined to kill as many Union soldiers as he could. He found a family holed up deep in the woods outside of Lynchburg apparently suffering as most incest families are due to their disfigurement. They can't get hired for even basic jobs, and a lot of people thought they were cursed so no wanted to get near them. Earl thought that turning this poor family would scare the hell out of the Yankees, but when it came time to fight they refused. Earl was destroyed in battle and that poor family was left with what they now were. Earl didn't know about the mother as they kept her in a basement room. She wasn't turned so the sons kept getting her pregnant to enlarge the family. She was able to sire five boys the record shows" She explained. "One of the sons got married to some poor farmer's daughter eventually and she bore a girl named Beatrice Buttles about 22 years ago, but get this the girl was normal. She was born without any birth defects"
"Zoe how do you get this information?" Mick asked in awe.
"Even though Council is no more, the agents of the Council still do their job travelling all over the world keeping tabs on the most troublesome of our kind. I like to know what's going on all the time". She said firmly.
"Thanks Zoe, you're the best!" He said hanging up. "Let's go find Beatrice Buttles. How long can you keep them out Gabe?"
"As long as I like"
"Good. Keep them out. We can't risk them alerting the sister" Mick said as he and Isabelle quickly left.

Logan got the notification and called Mick right away.
"Mick, you told me to keep an eye out for anything suspicious well, I just got a ping and I think someone else is about to be murdered. The address is 20224 Berry lane in Brentwood!" He said excitedly.
"Got it. Thanks Logan" Mick said looking at Isabelle. "Let's go get the sister". Within minutes, they were standing in front of a modest sized home. Mick closed his eyes briefly and grabbed Isabelle's hand and they were standing right in front of Beatrice Buttles who screamed loudly at the two people who had just appeared out of no where.
"Did my brother's send you?" She asked. Mick nodded slowly at the attractive young woman. He could hardly believe that she was product of the the same bloodline as her brothers. She quickly tossed two face coverings at them. "Put these one as I turn on the camera" She said.
The woman tied to the chair began to scream.
"What the hell do you want?? Do you know who I am?" She wailed.
"I know who you are you piece of shit! And now the world will witness your execution!" She said reaching for her gun. Mick quickly grabbed Beatrice from behind while Isabelle took care of the gun.
"What are you doing? You're supposed to be helping!" She screamed trying to break free of Mick's strong grip. Isabelle walked over to the camera and turned it off. The young woman tied to the chair stared at Mick and Isabelle in surprise.
"Why are you doing this? You know who I am right?" She asked.
"Yes". Isabelle said.
"And you know who my family is? You know that I'll be compelled to destroy you" She said with a cocky grin. Mick stood in front of her and showed the hunter who he really was. She stared up at the wings that appeared on his back. She immediately began to wet herself and then pass out"

Beatrice refused to speak at her trial and gave no reason for her crimes, so of course people began to make stuff up. But they were no where close to the truth about how a young college student brutally murdered 3 people with plans on killing a fourth. But it was what happened afterwards that had every vampire shaking their heads. All of the Beatrice's brothers had been destroyed in their cells and no one could figure out how it was done. Gabriel thought it was God who destroyed these unfortunate souls so they wouldn't be cursed any longer.......but somehow he got the feeling that someone else was behind the destruction.

"It has been handled. The entire tribe of vamps have been destroyed"
"Thank you Ellian. Keep alert for anymore in that area" Zoe said hanging up the phone.

The End

Return to “Ella713's Office”