Ella713
Courtesan

12:05am Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
12:05am
Rated PG
By Ella713

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Audrey White returns to Los Angeles to hire Mick to help her find a missing boyfriend.

Beth was doing some research for Mick with she heard the familiar ping notifying her of an email. She quickly opened it and found it to be from Audrey White.
"Mick come look at this" She said motioning for him to come over. "You remember Audrey White? You saved her life from Donovan Shepard. Well, she just sent me an email, asking for your contact info"
Mick looked over her shoulder and read the email. It looked like she needed his professional services.
"Give her my phone number" Mick said and in 15 minutes his mobile rang. "Mick St. John" He answered.
"Mr. St. John.....you probably don't remember me.." She said.
"Audrey, I do remember you. Is everything okay?"
"Not really. You see I moved to British Colombia to get away from everything that happened in California.....but I think someone from the cult took kidnapped my boyfriend" She said in a shaky voice.
"Start at the beginning" Mick said.
"Well about three months ago, I kind of felt like I was being followed, so I hired a private detective and I was being followed. The PI got some very clear shots. His name is Jake Monroe and he was involved in the cult. He was one of Donovan's top guys but I just figured that it was a coincident that we both ended up in Canada. I mean a lot of people are moving here. But I told my boyfriend about it and he said he would talk to the guy, find out what he wanted and why he was following me. But that was five days ago and no one had heard from him. He hasn't showed up for work or talked to his parents. Then the PI I hired tells me that Michael, that's my boyfriend's name took a flight to Los Angeles yesterday
and that he was with Jake. Mr. St. John, I think he brainwashed my boyfriend" She said.
"Where are you now?"
"I just arrived in Los Angeles a couple of hours ago. I went to your apartment but was told you moved out, so I just contacted Beth since I still had her email address" She said.
"Listen, I want you to come to Kostan Towers, I'll meet you in the lobby okay?". Mick said and looked at Beth. "Looks like someone from Donovan's cult snatched Audrey's boyfriend and brought him here."
"I'll call Carl and see if he can get the file on the cult and their whereabouts" She said picking up the phone. "Why can't they leave the poor girl alone? She's been through enough"
"I'm going to find out" He said making his way to the lobby.

Audrey arrived in about 45 minutes.
"Hi Mr. St. John. Thank you so much for helping me" She said shaking his hand.
"Not a problem" He said walking her to his office. She saw Carl and recognized him from the Police Department. "You remember Carl Davis? He was a lead detective in the Shepherd case"
"Yes I do. Thank you for being here" She said as she took a seat.
"Tell me everything you know about Jake Monroe" Carl said.
"His family was from Walnut Grove, but he ran away and was just a street kid when Donovan recruited him, but he was very devoted to Donovan and his teachings. I mean he ate it up. Jake was more than a follower, he was an actual believer" She explained.
"Do you remember any of the old hangouts?" Mick asked.
"Well the ranch was demolished so the only other place I can think of is the tunnels underneath the Griffin Observatory. That's where Donovan held his sermons before he found the ranch" She said.
"Where are you staying?"
"I booked a room at the Freehand on W. 8th" She said.
"Carl will you go with her to collect her things and bring her back here. We'll set her up in one of the guest bedrooms. It's better for you to be here instead of a hotel on your own. I'm going to check out these tunnels" He said as he took off.

Mick whisked all around the observatory and found the tunnels hidden around back. There was a large boulder in front of the entry which Mick moved aside. He walked through the dark tunnel and came into an open space that looked like a home someone had built a long time ago. He could tell that folks had been squatting here for some time based on all the debris. There were books and take out containers that cluttered the entire area along with miscellaneous drug paraphernalia. He closed his eyes and took a quick sniff. He smelled aftershave and not the cheap stuff. That had to be from Audrey's boyfriend. I think I'll just camp out here and see what shows up he thought to himself.

Jake watched the officer pull up to the Freehand Hotel so he followed him inside. Jake got on the elevator before Carl did and held the door for him.
"What floor?" Jake said casually.
"8. Thanks" Carl said. He got off the elevator and walked to door 811 and opened the door. Carl quickly went through and collected everything Audrey had brought with her. Jake watched him bring the rolling suitcase with him as he checked her out and went back to his car. Jake followed him and saw him pull into Kostan Towers. There was no way Audrey was staying there he thought, but she must be as the detective picked up her stuff. It looked to be pretty darn secure as well. Maybe he'd send her a little gift from Donovan.

Audrey was pacing the floor holding her phone tightly.
"Audrey sit down. Mick will find your boyfriend. He will" Beth said reaching out for her hand.
"I just don't understand why I can leave this all behind me! Why won't they leave me alone?!" She screamed.
"I don't know......Donovan had a lot of kids convinced that he was a savior. I'm sure some still think that but he wasn't. He was a serial killer who enjoyed hurting people and making them afraid. He was nothing!" Beth pleaded. She heard a knock on the door and went to the security monitor almost thinking that she'd see Donovan's face looking back at her, but saw it was Carl. "Thank God it's you Carl" She said sighing in relief. "We're getting a little jumpy here". She said looking all around. Suddenly Audrey's mobile began to ring and she saw it was from her boyfriend.
"It's Michael!!" She said excitedly and pressed the answer button. It was a video. A video of Donovan. He was staring straight at her.
"Hello Sweetheart" He said. Audrey screamed and dropped the phone.
"It's him!! He's back!! Oh God!!" She cried and fell to the floor sobbing. Carl walked over and picked up the phone and saw the video play he then showed it to Beth.
"Its just a video clip" Carl said "Looks like Jake wants to scare the hell out her, but why? Shepherd's dead and he's not coming back, so why is he after you?" Carl asked.
"Because I lived" Audrey said. "He wants me dead because his savior is dead because of me and my testimony" She cried.

Mick walked some more through the tunnels and saw evidence of someone being there recently. He spied a receipt on the ground and bent down to pick it up. Something hard hit him over the head as he fell to the ground.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: 12:05am Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Beth heard a loud knocking on the door and peered at the Security system. It was a man in his early 30's but she saw Louis their Security Guard at his side so she opened the door.
"I.....I'm looking for Audrey" The young man said. "I'm Michael...." He said then collapsed in the doorway.
"Michael!!" Audrey screamed running to him. Carl scooped the young man up and laid him on the sofa.
"Beth, can you get him some water. He looks dehydrated" Carl said looking at the man carefully. Beth got him a glass of water and sat it on the table next to him. Audrey gently patted his face which felt cold to the touch.
"Michael...are you alright...Michael" She cried. He slowly opened his eyes.
"Audrey. You're here" He said weakly.
"Michael what happened?"
"Some guy said he was a friend of yours from California and he was moving to Canada. We had a drink and the next thing I can remember was waking up in some cave. I still had my mobile on me and I saw that you had called repeatedly so I activated the find my phone app to trace where you calling from. I can't believe that freak brought me to the states" He said "Who is that guy?" He asked.
"You remember I told you about Donovan Shepherd? That guy was one of his followers" Audrey explained.
"We have to get out of here!" He said sitting up and reaching for her hand.
"I don't think that's such a great idea" Carl said. "We need to find this guy because it doesn't look like he's going stop coming after you. He found you in Canada of all places so something tells me he's going to keep coming for you"
"What do you think we should do?" Audrey asked.
"Well, you're definitely safer here with us, but we'll wait until Mick gets back" Beth said.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: 12:05am Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Mick woke up and saw that he still inside the tunnel and someone had tied him up with rope. He closed his eyes and focused on the the room. He heard a strong heartbeat not far from him.
"I see you're finally up. I honestly thought I killed you. I mean there are plenty of places to hid a body down here but the smell is awful!" He laughed. Mick quickly broke free of the rope and grabbed the guy by his neck.
"Why are you after Audrey?" Mick hissed at the young man.
"She's a traitor! That bitch ruined everything! The last words our savior spoke to us, was to finish Audrey off. To squeeze the very life out of her!" He said struggling to get out of Mick's grasp.
"How many of you are left?"
"10...11. We are growing each day! Soon there will be no where for that little bitch to hide!" Mick slammed his head against the tunnel wall knocking him out and tying him up.
"Now you're down " Mick said as he pulled out his mobile and phone Josef.
"What's going on Mick?"
"Donovan Shepherd's cult is kicking back up and they're holding meetings in some tunnels underneath Griffin Observatory. I think we need to shut them down permanently" Mick said.
"Ask and you shall receive" Josef joked as he hung up the phone.

Michael sat up and took a small sip of the water.
"Audrey we need to leave. My folks have a cabin in Alberta. It's way off the grid. They'll never find us there" He said holding her hand.
"Michael's right. We can't put your lives in danger like this. I thank you for everything you've done but we need to leave California for good" Audrey said.
"If you're sure." Beth said but still was not convinced that it was safe for them to leave. She looked at Carl and saw that he was staring at Michael trying to come to a conclusion about him. Something was off about her boyfriend. Carl thought to himself.
"I think you should really wait until Mick returns" Carl said in a way that told them they wouldn't be leaving.
"Here, let me order you some food. You must be hungry" Beth said grabbing her purse.
"Yeah, I saw you had nothing in your fridge Beth! What do you and Mick eat?" She laughed.
"We go out every night. I hate to cook. What would you like? Chinese, pizza?"
"Pizza sounds great! It's our favorite" Audrey said as Beth called a local pizzeria and placed an order.
Michael simply sat there holding onto Audrey's hand tightly. Very quickly he got up and pulled Audrey to the front door, when he opened it Mick stood in front of him.
"Going somewhere?" Mick asked surveying the situation. "Jake won't be a problem anymore" He said looking over at Audrey.
"Really? Thank God!" She said closing her eyes.
"Who are you?" Mick asked.
"This is her boyfriend Michael" Carl said still not trusting the young man.
"Nice to meet you. This must be your phone. I found it below the Griffin Conservatory. I checked the contacts list and Audrey was listed so I figured it was yours" He said handing the phone out to him.
"I thought you used your phone to track hers?" Carl asked hating that this guy was playing Audrey the whole the time. Carl grabbed the guy and held him tightly. "Who are you!? Beth check his pockets!"
Beth ran over to them and reached inside his jeans and pulled out his wallet and handed it to Mick.
"Jeffrey Barns from Santa Cruz" Mick said as he watched Audrey's eyes grow large.
Oh my God!! Jeffrey!" Audrey screamed and pulled her hand away from his!
"Who is this guy?" Mick asked.
"He was Donovan's recruiter. He searched all around the city looking for runaways to join their cult! How did you find me!?" She screamed as she walked over and slapped his face hard.
"More will come for you! I'm not the only one!! You just wait and see!" He yelled still trying to break away from Carl's grip.
"I knew there was something shifty about this guy!" Carl said. "What do want to do with him?" He said looking at Mick.
"I've got a perfect idea" He said calling Gabriel.

Michael sat stiffly in the chair trying desperately to free himself from the rope that tied him but to no avail.
"Be still!" Mick ordered as he walked to the door. "There's someone I'd like you to meet" He said opening the door and letting Zoe in. She looked over at everyone and saw a guy tied to a chair so she walked over and sat in front of him. She placed all the files she had on a nearby table.
"I think you need to know some things about your savior" She said opening up the first folder. "At age of 15 he committed his first crime. He raped a 12 year old girl who lived across the street from him" She said holding file open so he could see. "When asked why he would do something like this, he replied why not. Right before he turned 18 the next thing he did was rape and kill a 13 year old boy that got him 8-10 years in prison. After serving his sentence he left for Los Angeles to reinvent himself as a prophet. Using the same playbook that Charles Manson used. Drugs, sex and brainwashing techniques. Oh! And after he was executed they found evidence that he had chopped up his own grandmother! In her own home! That she raised him in! Now that's some messed up stuff right there. And the police also found evidence that he raped and killed your sister Penny" She said as she watched him look at her in shock. "You didn't know did you? Well, the day that you brought your sister to one of Donovan's "sermons" she fell hard for his teachings. He convinced her to meet him for something called "soul erasing". You know to erase all the bad memories that plague people. Anyway, she went to meet him and that was the end of Penny. I could go on and on or you can read it for yourself" She said pushing the file forward. Every page she turned revealed the true nature of the one he called his savior. "All you had to do was call home and you would have found out. Your parents were frantic because you had runaway without a word and now their daughter had been murdered, but Donovan had you all suckered. Donovan Shepherd was no prophet or man of God. What he was was a thief. A thief of life, of innocence and of family. And the reason why was because his own parents had abandoned him and he thought why should everyone else have what I didn't? So he stole your life, your innocence and stole you from your family so the only thing you had was him. That's how it works" Zoe finished as she closed her files and placed them carefully in her bag. Michael sat there with tears streaming down his face. "You should call your folks, I'm sure they would be beyond happy to hear from you" She said heading for the door. Carl walked her out.
"Damn Zoe! How the hell did you find out all the stuff?" He asked.
"Carl, I'm the Historian. That's my job" She said with a smile as she left with Carl shaking his head in wonder.
"Audrey......I'm so sorry" He cried. "What have I done!?" He screamed thinking of all the things he had done to please Donovan, the people he had hurt or terrorized.
"We're going to need the names of the other followers and where we can find them" Mick said. Michael nodded his head slowly as he continued to cry.

"So do you have any idea what you're going to do now?" Beth asked.
"I have no idea. After what happened, I don't want to go back to Canada because it will remind me of everything." Audrey said sadly.
"Have you ever thought of going to Alaska? I have some friends who live there who would be glad to give you hand. Helen told me they were looking for a nurse. They just found themselves a doctor for their small town but no one's qualified to fill the nurse position"
"Are you serious? Beth I would love to go to Alaska!"
"I'll give her a call right now' Beth said as she dialed the number. "Helen, hi it's Beth St. John. No everything's fine, but I have a friend who's a nurse and she's looking to relocate from Vancouver" She said. "Ok, that sounds great! I'll give her the information! Kiss that husband of yours from all of us!" Beth said hanging up. "Here is the doctor's number and she said to call him immediately and the job will be yours!"
"Oh my God! Thank you Beth so much!" Audrey screamed throwing her arms around Beth.
"It gets blistering cold out there" Beth said.
"I love cold weather. And snow and darkness" She said grabbing her suitcase. "Tell Mick and Carl, I said thanks a lot" She said leaving. Beth redialed Helen's number and told her what had happened to Audrey and Helen promised they would keep a very close eye on any strangers entering their town.
"We'll keep her safe Beth I promise"
"Thank you" Beth said hanging up the phone and praying that that was the end of Donovan Shepherd for good.

The End

Return to “Ella713's Office”