Twelve years since the door closed

kath40
Cleaner

Re: Twelve years since the door closed

Post by kath40 »

allegrita wrote:
myimmortal wrote:As sad as I was when Moonlight ended, I’m glad to have just one season if that’s what they were planning for season two.
I remember talking with you about this very thing, many times. I absolutely agree with you. I'd rather have had a wonderful single season than a second season that undid all the things I loved about the show. :yes:
I have to agree with getting the one season we did get. After the break between epi 12 The Mortal Cure and epi 13 Fated to pretend it started going in a direction that I wasn't sure I would have liked.
With Trever and Ron getting fired the story was positioned to take a turn from what we fell in love with to something run of the mill syfy to attract a "younger" audience.
I accepted the last 4 episodes being different because Mick came back to us human and how that effected him. But I missed the feel, style and storytelling Trevor and Ron had envisioned for Moonlight.
Still loved Alex as Mick in all 16 episodes....same rider just a different horse.
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

With everything that has been going on I didn't even notice the Sonata anniversary go by this year. Seems impossible that it has been 12 years, considering that my memory of first watching Sonata is so clear. I was supposed to take my old dog out for her daily walk beforehand, but I didn't want to risk missing the start of the show, because what if the VCR didn't work properly? (Remember VCRs? I think they were obsolete even back then....) So out we went in the pitch dark when Sonata was over. I remember feeling delighted with the ending while also feeling dreadfully let down that it was all over. A very confusing mix of feelings. And for weeks after that I couldn't bear to look up at a full moon! It was too much of a reminder of what we had lost.
Twelve years on, and the crazy young dog has now become the old one. Guess that is the only way I can really tell how long it has been. How wonderful that this place is still here for us!
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

myimmortal wrote: I remember they were planning to introduce werewolves (Talbot) into Moonlight canon and have a vampire/werewolf war. No. Just no. I loved that vampires were the only supernatural element in Moonlight. I loved that Moonlight treated vampires pseudo-scientifically (religious symbols don’t repel them, the cure is medicine not magic). I loved that Moonlight was about personal stories rather than big events.

As sad as I was when Moonlight ended, I’m glad to have just one season if that’s what they were planning for season two. :twothumbs:
Werewolves?!? Seriously?? I'm so glad I was out of the loop on that one. No. Just no.

I loved that not all the questions were answered. It leaves room for the imagination. They hit the balance just right. Great closure with a few threads hanging. Well done.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo

Return to “Moonlight Celebrations”