Ella713
Courtesan

Trick or Treat Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Moonlight Fan Fiction
Trick or Treat
Rated PG
By Ella713

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Halloween was a big deal in Los Angeles and every store began displaying their goods in September, but for some everyday was Halloween and Mick noticed an alarming amount of Goth kids on the strip today, then he passed the Marquee which read "Demetri Ryan Farewell Show".

Well that explained things. Demetri Ryan was a charismatic Illusionist who happened to be a vampire and nothing could stop his meteoric rise. Women and children worshiped him and Demetri was never happy about that so he took a very long vacation to stay with Lizzy Clyde who had become a mother figure for him. He sighed because he knew that Beth would drag him to the show no matter what. Maybe Josef had something for him and he could use that as an excuse he thought as he turned around and drove on towards Kostan Inc.

"Hey Mick. What's up?" Josef said reaching for his jacket and putting it on.
"Where are you off to?" Mick asked.
"Believe it or not, I'm having lunch with former President Bill Clinton" Josef said with a smile.
"Seriously? What for?"
"Global Warming. His foundation is heading the effort on clean air emission. You wanna come with?" Josef asked.
"Yeah. I've always wanted to meet Bill Clinton" Mick said.
"Then let's go. We're meeting up with him at Oliver's"

Demetri hated leaving Lizzy alone but he hired top notch medical care to stay with her while he was gone. This would be his final show and while it had been a great ride, he just didn't have the same passion as before. Lizzy's health was failing and she had refused any help from him. Her son Marcus tried to convince her to take what Demetri was offering, but she firmly yet lovingly declined. So all Demetri had to do was do one last show and he could devote all his time to caring for Lizzy.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!! I give you Demetri Ryan!!!"

Demetri Ryan appeared on stage dressed as Jesus of Nazareth, carrying a large cross on his back. He struggled as some women dressed as sexy roman soldiers cracked him with a whip. Demetri yelled out in pain and fell to the stage. The soldiers positioned him on the cross and tied his arms and legs. Then 3 inch spikes were brought out and soldiers held them so everyone could see them as Gregorian Monk chants played loudly in the background. The audience was on the edge of their seats awaiting what would happen next. A spike was placed in the center of Demetri's hand and soldier raised his mallet and pound the spike into his hand. Demetri cried out in anguish as they did the same with his other hand and then his feet. Blood poured out as Demetri yelled "Forgive them!"
The cross was lifted off the stage slowly as the soldiers danced around the man hanging on the cross. Suddenly there was lightening and loud thunder and the man vanished from the cross. The audience gasped and looked all around and then Demetri appeared to be floating in front of the audience with holes in his hands and feet. He turned towards the soldiers and yelled "Be gone!" And all the soldiers disappeared. The crowd stood to their feet and applauded wildly and for the next 2 hours they were shown many fantastic things!

"So that was really your last show?" Beth asked kind of sad that Demetri wouldn't be practicing magic anymore.
"You know, when I first got into the business it was all about the craft itself, like magic was the only thing I cared about, but when you become so famous and so well known, the public starts to feel like they own you, then you're forced to keep going because you're afraid the fans will turn on you and they eventually will. The pedestal they put me on couldn't go any higher and the only way left was down" Demetri explained sadly. Beth agreed with all he said. Sometimes fans became a little out of control in their adoration.
"What will you do now?" She asked.
"You remember me telling you about Lizzy in New Orleans?"
"Yeah she tried to cure you" Beth said.
"Yeah....well she's sick. Really sick and I need to be with her right now". He said.
Last edited by Ella713 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Re: Trick or Treat Rated PG

Post by Ella713 »

Tisha Crane had devoted her life to the study of magic and illusion and her only dream was to study at the feet of Demetri Ryan. I mean forget Copperfield, Angel or Blaine! Demetri had taken magic and fantasy to whole new level but now he was giving it all up! Surely this was a publicity stunt. Demetri couldn't quit now!

Demetri heard a knock on his hotel door and since no one knew what hotel he was in he didn't hesitate to open it. In front of his door was very large suitcase. He looked down the hall and saw no one. He didn't hear anything coming from the case, but still............he stooped down to unlock the case and a very dead young woman fell at his feet. And at that moment the room across from him decided to open their door. The woman's piercing scream could be heard on the entire floor. Demetri knew that the police would be coming soon, so he just stood by his door and waited.

"Hey Mick, Demetri Ryan the magician was just picked up by the police for suspicion of murder" Carl said.
"You're kidding?"
"Just got word a few minutes ago. Beth told me that you two helped him before"
"Yeah we did........look, Demetri is a vampire and his sire was upset that he was using vamp ability for magic acts so those killings before were done by her, so I can't believe that Demetri after going through all that the first time would kill anyone and besides Beth said he's really retiring from show business......" Mick said staring at Carl. "You want to look into it don't you?" Mick asked.
"It's the least we can do" Carl said with a smile as they left for the police station.

Demetri was taken to the police station and questioned for over an hour. Demetri was calm and composed throughout and after receiving the hotel surveillance tapes, they saw what looked to be a woman in a hooded cloak dragging the suitcase to Demetri's hotel door, knocking and running quickly down the hallway.
"Captain, we just got the surveillance footage and it clearly shows someone dragging the case to Ryan's door and running off" An officer said.
"Has he asked for counsel?" The Captain asked.
"No he hasn't"
"Well let's keep him a little while longer and see if we can get anything out of the hotel staff"
The Captain re read the file on the murder at the last Demetri Ryan show and somehow he couldn't believe that two murders just popped up at the feet of this magician. He had heard of people doing things for publicity, but this guy was already a big deal and this was supposed to be his last show.

Mick and Carl slowly peeked into the Medical Examiner's office.
"Hey Felix, you got a minute?" Mick said.
"Well, well, well Mick St. John! Where the hell have you been? And Captain Carl!"
"No longer Captain Felix". Carl said with a grin.
"Yeah I know but you'll always be Captain Carl to me. What can I do for you two? Let me guess....dumpster kid?"
"No. Demetri Ryan" Carl said.
"Ahh. Suitcase girl. I haven't started her yet, but from what I could see there's some sexual assault and they also bled her out as in not a lot of blood left" Felix said looking at both of them.
"Great" Mick said out loud.

Demetri was released but told to not leave Los Angeles until further notice, but he didn't care he had to get back to New Orleans. He called Marcus throughout the day to see how Lizzy was doing and it wasn't good. He called Beth to see if she could help.
"Beth I need your help". He said.
"Come over to my place, here is the address" She said wondering what was going on. As soon as she hung up with Demetri her phone rang again and she saw it was Mick.
"Hello Handsome!" She said.
"Hello back Gorgeous. Listen Carl and I are going to be working on something for a bit" he said.
"That's fine. Demetri Ryan is coming over. He needs some help with something" She said.
"Babe, keep him there! I need to talk to him!" Mick said and hung up and raced back to his apartment.
Last edited by Ella713 on Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Demetri was just pulling up to Beth's place when he saw her husband with the Police Captain in tow.
"Hey, we need to speak with you" Mick called out.
"You've come to arrest me" Demetri said praying that wasn't the case.
"No. Come inside for a moment" Mick said showing him into their office on the first floor. "Carl can you call Beth and let her know that we're in the office with Demetri?"
"I didn't kill anyone! Again!" He said in frustration.
"Do you think your sire is back?" Mick asked remembering how filled with rage she was.
"She was destroyed" He answered. "She spilled blood in the territory of another without permission. Apparently they take things like that very serious in New Orleans" He replied.
"Well, someone wants you in Los Angeles for good" Mick said.
"But I have to get back to New Orleans! Like now. A dear friend is dying and I want to be there for her! She doesn't have much time!" Demetri said urgently. Beth walked in the office with Brian in tow.
"We will get you back to New Orleans" Beth said firmly. "Brian, could you take him?" She asked. Brian nodded and took Demetri's hand and in a matter of seconds he was at Lizzy's door.
"Marcus!!" He yelled out then saw Lizzy's only son walk towards him.
"I'm glad your back, she's been asking for you" He said. Demetri ran up the stairs.
"What is wrong with your mother?" Brian asked already making up his mind that he would help if that's what they wanted.
"Lou Gehrig's. She doesn't have much time left....she's refusing Demetri's help...." He sobbed. Brian closed his eyes not wanting to hear anymore.
"She will be better tomorrow" Brian said.

"Lizzy". Demetri said sitting next to her bed. "Don't leave us. You can't" He said with tears falling from his eyes.
"It's my time. I done lived a long life" She said in a weak voice.
"Let me help you please!!" He urged.
"No. That's not how things supposed to be. You can't be damning those that you don' want to let go of" She said wiping the tears from his face. "Get Marcus. I want to say goodbye to both my boys" She said.
Marcus came up the stairs quickly with Brian right behind him. Lizzy eyes looked upon Brian and she saw his angelic state. "You coming to take me now" She said as her eyes were closing. Brian walked over and whispered in her ear.
"It's not your time yet" Brian said and touched her temple. Lizzy's eyes closed slowly and so peacefully.
"Oh God!!" Demetri sobbed still holding the old woman's hand.
"She is sleeping. When she awakes, she will be healed" Brian said looking at them both. "You should stay the night as she will be very afraid upon waking. She is not damned" He said and vanished. Marcus wrapped his arms around Demetri.
"Thank you so much for saving her". He cried.
"She save me as well" Demetri said softly.

Tisha easily found the studio that Demetri used when he was in Los Angeles and when she opened the door she saw and array of props. Locks that were used in his escape tricks, magic boxes and a few birds and one giant albino python. Most of the floor was covered in an assortment of books on magic and sorcery. She spied the computer on a desk and tried to turn it on, but of course there was a password. She started with the obvious words like Magic, or Illusion then she moved on to specific words like Houdini and Angel. Then she tried to remember everything she had read on Demetri. New Orleans, Vampires....................then it hit her. When he became mega famous he spoke candidly about his drug addiction and the woman who was responsible for turning his life around. Lizzy. The computer turned on and Tisha saw files and folders containing everything illusion he had ever done. And after reading the whole night and most of the morning, she saw a new plan come to life. Instead of just working along side of Demetri Ryan, how much easier would it be to become the new Demetri Ryan. She quickly posted an ad on craigslist seeking an assistant to help with a magic show. Almost immediately as the ad was posted she started to receive countless emails from women who expressed their interest, most with nude shots which baffled her, but she replied as Demetri and scheduled three appointments.

Lizzy opened her eyes and looked all around hoping to see her husband or her parents or her favorite grandma, but all she saw was her room. She slowly lifted up her head expecting to fall back as she normally did, but found that she was not only able to sit up but to swing her legs around and stand up.
"Oh Lord No!" She said to herself thinking that Demetri done damned her soul to hell, but then she stopped. Her boys wouldn't go against her wishes. Maybe it was the angel that was with them. She remembered he whispered that it wasn't her time yet. Lizzy bowed her head down. "Thanks be to God" She whispered, then went downstairs to fix her boys some breakfast!

Marcus woke up to the smell of bacon filling the house so he threw on his robe and ran downstairs and there was his mother singing an old gospel song and flipping pancakes over on the grill. She looked over at Marcus and smiled.
"Good morning baby! Now you sit down and let mamma fix you a plate" She said as she loaded bacon, scrambled eggs, home fries and pancakes with maple butter syrup on a plate and sat it in front of him. He looked at her in surprise.
"Mamma are you feeling alright?" He asked.
"I feel better than I did 30 years ago or more!" She said with a wide smile. "Go down to the basement and see if you can wake up your brother" She said.
"Mamma, you know Demetri can't eat this?" He said walking towards the door.
"Yes he will! Now go fetch him!!" She ordered as Marcus opened the door and saw Demetri already making his way up the stairs.
"Mamma said to get you upstairs" He said with smile letting Demetri know that their mom was alright. Demetri flew up the stairs and stood in front of the old woman and stooped down to hug her.
"Look at you!" Demetri declared watching her heap a ton of food onto a plate and thrusting it his way.
"Now sit down and eat all of this. Ain't nobody ever gone hungry in Lizzy Clyde's house!" She said as she fixed her own plate of food. "Now let's give thanks she said" as they all bowed their heads and gave thanks to the Lord for the miracle of life and family. Demetri looked at the food on his plate unsure what to do, but one look at Lizzy and he dove right in and as he remembered the love and caring that she had first shown him, the food tasted as great as he remembered. Marcus stared in shock.
"You can really taste it?" He asked.
"Yeah I can. She cooked the eggs in bacon fat" He replied as he cut the pancakes, took a bite and closed his eyes. "And the pancakes as well" Demetri said with a smile.
"Don't be talking like a Yankee boy. Those are flapjacks!" She said with saucy grin eating her own food.
"Yes mam!" He said laughing!

Francis Kelly took care to make sure she looked her best for this interview. She knew without a doubt that she was about to meet Demetri Ryan and she wasn't going to mess this up! She had been practicing what she was going to say at least a hundred times. The skirt she had chosen was short enough to show off her legs which were her best asset but long enough to be modest. She didn't want to look like a stripper. She kept her make up subtle and her hair in a top knot to show off the lines of her neck which were her second best feature. She squared her shoulders back and knocked on the door. A woman with flaming red hair opened the door and looked out.
"Yes?" She said.
"Hello. My name is Francis I have an interview today." She said trying to appear calm and professional.
"Ah, yes. Please come right in. Mr. Ryan is running a little late but should be here in a few minutes. Please have seat. Can I offer you something to drink?" Tisha asked.
"No thank you" She said sitting down and looking around at the large studio space and noticing all the stage items, recognizing a few from one of the shows she had attended.
"Can you tell me about your experience?" Tisha asked.
"Well....I did a lot of plays in high school and I worked as a show model for a car company so I'm very familiar with being front and center. I also worked in pharmaceutical sales which was really challenging" She said. Tisha wanted to smack the woman who obviously only wanted to gazed upon and make a lot of money for simply being fortunate enough to be pretty, as if THAT was a talent!
"well, I think Demetri will be very pleased with you" She said with a smile standing up. "I think I hear his car pulling up" Tisha said and when Francis turned her head towards the door Tisha quickly stood in front her and sliced her throat. Stupid bimbo Tisha thought as she watched all blood pour from her exposed neck.

Demetri was in the kitchen helping Lizzy peel potatoes which he loved doing, while they talked about this and that, when they heard a news bulletin that a woman was found with her throat slashed in the studio of Magician Demetri Ryan! Demetri dropped the knife and stared hard at Lizzy in disbelief.
What the hell?!" He yelled standing up. Brian appeared in the kitchen.
"We must go now" He said looking at the old woman and smiling at her.
"I didn't do this!" Demetri said loudly.
"We know that you didn't, but we must find out who did" Brian said taking his hand and vanishing from sight. Lizzy said a silent prayer to Lord for protection over her boy and continued to peel potatoes believing that all would be well.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Tisha looked at herself in the mirror and liked what she saw. Her red hair was hidden under a curly brown wig. And the horn rimmed glasses gave her the look of a serious office assistant. She put on the Demetri Ryan hoodie she had purchased a a show she'd gone to a couple of years ago, grabbed her clipboard and took off to meet her next candidate at Mulroney's Irish Pub.

She walked into the pub that looked exactly like every other Irish pub she had ever been in. It was filled with a mix of college students and old timers who had been coming to the bar for ages. She looked around for the applicant named Christine Tollworth. She saw a petite brunette wave her over to where she was sitting.
"Hi, are you Christine?" She asked.
"Yes I am and you are?"
"Kelly Foster. I'm Demetri Ryan's Stage Assistant" She said sitting down and ordering a ginger ale. "So can you tell me about yourself?" She asked.
"Born and raised in Los Angeles, graduated from UCLA 3 years ago with a BFA in Set Design. I've worked on many plays and musicals but wanted to try something on stage for once and this sounded like an amazing opportunity". She said confidently. "From your shirt, I'm guessing that this for Demetri Ryan's shows?" She said with a knowing smile.
"Guilty as charged. Of course you know that Demetri is very picky about who he chooses and each person will be heavily vetted and made to sign a DND contract. Is that alright with you?" She asked.
"Sure. Does that mean I get the gig?" She asked.
"Well, you've got my vote, but you have to pass Demetri's vote" She said smiling. "You'll be meeting with him at the lounge of the Armand Hotel at 7pm. Here's the address. Don't be late".
"But I don't understand, I thought his last show was...well, the last show" She said.
"Do you honestly think that the world's greatest magician would quit just two weeks before Halloween?" Tisha said. Christine nodded her head in understanding. The sale of tickets from this Final Final show would skyrocket at $800-$1,000 per ticket! And who knows where this would take her.

Brian and Demetri appeared at Mick's office and told Demetri to sit down.
"Dad we have to do something. Someone is trying very hard to implicate Demetri in these crimes". Brian said.
"And you were in New Orleans this whole time?" Carl asked although he knew that this kid didn't do it"
"Yeah I was. Brian was there most of evening and I don't have the power to just project myself somewhere else, so it would have been kind hard to drive all the way from Louisiana to California and off someone" He said.
"Can you think of any reason why someone is doing this? Have you received any threatening letters or anything?" Mick asked.
"All of my fan correspondence is handled through my agent. I never even look at it" He replied.
"Anyone upset with you for retiring? Were you going to hire a new assistant?" Mick asked.
"I'm always on the look out for a talented assistant and people send me resumes all the time, but again you'd have to talk to my agent". He said.
"Brian, can Josef spare you for a few days?" Carl asked. Brian nodded. "Then I need you to stay with Demetri all the time. Don't leave him for a second. Take him to work with you if you have to" Carl said.
"Carl's right, We need him to be seen by as many people as possible all the time" He said.
"Take a magician to work day" Brian said with a small smile.

When Josef was told of what was going on he welcomed Demetri.
"Would you like a drink?" Josef asked.
"You wouldn't happen to have any Tennessee Fire would you?" Demetri asked with a smile.
"Of course. You can't drink whiskey in the states without paying homage to the classics" Josef said pouring the drink. Demetri took a long drink and felt better. "You know this morning Lizzy made this amazing huge breakfast and I ate it. I mean I enjoyed it. That's never happened before" He said.
"That's something new we've discovered. Turns out vampires can eat human food but only if they really have a want for it. And you have to want it badly! Some can't tolerate it at all and some can only consume it with blood mixed in it. It really depends on the vampire" Josef said.
"I can't believe after all this time I'm still learning new stuff" Demetri said.
"Josef is over 500 years old and this was new even to him" Brian said.
"So Mick tells me you have to be seen all the time and I have just the thing. I have reserved Spago this evening for a huge banquet for a scholarship program for At-Risk youth. The press as well as local television news will be there and I am going to surprise everyone with a magic show. A Demetri Ryan magic show. It's going to be very last minute so if this person plans on committing another murder, you'll be vindicated". Josef said. "Think you can whip up some sleight of hand tricks in a few hours?"

Demetri's agent was none other than Hollywood legend Paul Blessner. He had stars like Robert Downey Jr. and J-Lo on speed dial and was considered the best agent in the business. His assistant showed up with two gorgeous men who looked to be models.
"Ok. You have my attention. Is there anything else you can do other than being pretty? Because if that's all you got, I can work with that" He said typing away on this computer.
"Actually we're working on the Demetri Ryan case" Carl said in a way that 100% cop. Paul stopped typing and really looked at the two me standing in front of him. Yeah they looked like cops.
"Well, I can tell you truthfully that Demetri hasn't killed anyone. The kid just doesn't have it in him" He said.
"Demetri said you handle all his fan mail and resumes. We'd like to see all of those" Mick said.
"Are you serious? Do you know how much mail Demetri gets in just one day?" He replied.
"We're only interested in ones that seemed obsessive" Carl said.
"Again that all of them, but if you're talking about the really creepy ones I save all of them. Everything else gets tossed" He said.
"Were there any that really scared you?" Mick asked.
"Yeah. There are a couple that made me think that maybe I should hand them over to the police, but Demetri has never been hurt, so I just held on to them" Paul said.
"Was Demetri hiring a new Assistant?" Carl asked.
"We always accept resumes because Demetri was determined to find the perfect assistant". He explained.
"Well give us 6 moths of letters and resumes" Carl said. Paul called his assistant and told him to pull everything from the last 6 months. His assistant sat 5 banker boxes in a an empty conference room.
"Damn! That's a whole lot crazy" Carl said taking off his jacket and opening the first box.

Felix was looking at the young woman on the table. She was beyond gorgeous, but she had definitely pissed someone off. He was going through her clothes and found a folded sheet of paper that read "interview w/ Demetri Ryan" Felix quickly called LAPD. When Detective Carter came to the Medical examiners office, Felix gave him everything he'd found.
"This was in her jacket pocket" Felix said handing it over. Carter glanced at it and smiled.
"Looks like we got that bastard now" He said calling his Captain to arrange for a warrant for the arrest of one Demetri Ryan. Suddenly his assistant was bringing in another body.
"We've got another one Felix" He said wheeling the body underneath the light. "Another young woman. Throat slashed but this one had a wad of paper shoved in her mouth" He said handing it to Felix. It was blurred but the words interview were legible as well as the name Demetri Ryan.
Last edited by Ella713 on Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

The news traveled quickly about the police seeking to arrest Demetri Ryan and soon everyone world wide were discussing the reason behind the LAPD's decision to arrest. Were they just trying to bag a celebrity which is what most people thought, or was there compelling evidence to warrant the arrest. Some people who were conspiracy theorist said this could possibly be the work of a rival magician who felt that Demetri was getting too much attention, but whatever the reasons behind the decision the LAPD were keeping things hush hush and refused to reveal anything to the press.

When Demetri was told and he was stunned.
"I can't believe this. I've never killed anyone in my life, even when I was first turned and the desire was definitely there" He said.
"We will find out who's behind this. Trust me" Josef said thinking that his idea about the fundraiser was on hold for now. He heard his phone ring and saw it was Mick. Maybe they found something. "Mick tell me you found something, because they just put a warrant to Demetri's arrest"
"Carl and I have gone through all of his fan mail that was on the crazy side and we found quite few that fit the profile, but only one also applied to be his assistant. We're going over to the address listed on her resume and talk to her" Mick replied.
"What do you want me to with Demetri?" Josef asked.
"Carl's going to make a phone call to the police station and see if we turn Demetri over in secret. If the killer knows he's been arrested the killings stops" Mick explained.
"But won't the killer kill someone else? That's a huge risk Mick" Josef said.
"Hopefully we can nab this creep before anyone else is harmed" Mick said hoping that he and Carl would be able to pull this off.
"Nail this creep and do it fast" Josef said.

Captain Hernandez listened to Carl and agreed that if this was a frame up, it was best to keep things on a need to know basis and he agreed to the terms. Demetri would stay in the custody of Josef Kostan but they would make no announcement of his arrest.
"I'll keep this quiet for 48 hours. That's the best I can do" He said.
"That's plenty of time" Carl said but he thought of something that he hadn't before. "Why isn't this case being handled by vampires? I mean Demetri is obviously a vampire, why is this going through human law enforcement?" Carl asked.
"Because to all the world Demetri Ryan only pretends to be a vampire and it kind of has to stay that way until he decides to out himself" Mick replied.
"Well, let's go find this Tisha Crane. Her address is in West Hollywood" Carl said picking up his keys.

Tisha walked nervously through the agent's door. Not many were keen on taking on folks doing magic, so the fact that she got this interview spoke volumes to her persuasiveness. The agent was talking on the phone when she was shown in and he quickly hung up.
"Alright show me what you got" He said prepared to offer this young woman the most devastating news she was likely to hear.
"Look any moron who's had a magic kit growing up probably pulls out a deck of cards or some cups, but what I show you is the power of healing" She said as she took out a piece of cloth and wrapped it around her hand then pulled out a knife and cut her hand down the palm. She saw the agent sit up in surprise. "now Heal!" She yelled out and the agent watched the wound close completely up.
"What the hell! How did you do that?" He said standing up and walking over to inspect her palm and saw that it was indeed healed. "Is that all you can do?" He asked.
"Oh no. I can do so much more. I'm having a small show in San Bernadino at the Katz Klub if you want to come see the full act." She said trying to sound casual. He studied the young woman. What she was doing would blow any other magician out the water. She could be huge. Like Demetri Ryan huge he thought to himself smiling.
"What time?" He asked offering her his hand.

Mick and Carl pulled up to the building where Tisha Crane resided according to her DMV information.
The building itself looked like it should be condemned and looked to have no living on the premises at all. Suddenly they heard a window open and an old man poked his head out.
"Unless you want to get shot, I suggest you walk away from the building" He said in anger. Carl stepped up to him.
"My name is............." Carl started to say.
"Look officer, this building may not look like much but the folks who live her are honest and hardworking" He said.
"We just need to speak with Tisha Crane" Mick said.
"What they hell did she do?" He asked.
"We need to ask her a few questions".
"Does it have to do with that man that play a vampire on stage? That's all she ever talks about. Making it big by doing magic like that guy" He said.
"Do you know what Demetri Ryan looks like?" Carl asked.
"Of course I have! Ain't he on the TV all the time?"
"Have you ever seen him around here?" Mick asked.
"Now why the hell would he be coming here?"
"Is Tisha home?" Carl finally asked.
"Naw. She got a show in San Bernadino tonight she said" He said shutting his window complaining abut the smog getting into his apartment.
"Let's go to San Bernadino" Mick said
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Mick and Carl drove to San Bernadino comedy club called Katz Klub and purchased two tickets. Next to the entrance was a sign declaring that illusions galore await inside featuring one Tisha Cane. Mick noted that she was a very pretty young woman and she was also a vampire.
"How can you tell that from a picture?" Carl asked staring hard at the pic trying to see if he noticed anything.
"Look at her eyes. Her pupils are dilated. All vampires have this. You haven't looked in the mirror?" Mick asked.
"Not for that!" Carl replied thinking he would have to check it out for himself. "But this doesn't make any sense. If she's already a vamp and can obviously do magic by herself why is bugging our guy?" Carl said.
"Who knows. Maybe she's one of those people who think if they can't have someone then no one should be able to have him". Mick said. "Let's find out" He said opening the door and walking in. The club was medium in size and had ample seating and most of the tables were already taken so Mick and Carl grabbed a chair at the bar.
"Ladies and Gentlemen!! Be prepared to be amazed by the magic on Tisha Crane!!!" The MC announced. Tisha walked out onto the stage.
"Who wants to play?...." Tisha called out and audience responded.
"Murder!!!!!!!!!!!" They all yelled out clapping their hands and whistling enthusiastically.
"That's right! Now let's choose a victim" Tisha said looking all around the audience. He eyes found Mick and she smiled brightly and pointed right at him. "You sir! In the leather jacket at the bar" She said.
Mick studies the woman with a sly grin and slowly stood up. Everyone cheered as he walked up to the stage. The young woman was of average height so Mick towered above her.

"What's your name you tall drink of water?" Tisha joked.
"Mick" He said.
"Well Mick. You're about to be murdered. What do you think about that?" She asked.
"Now I'm kicking myself for buying a ticket to see your show" He joked. Tisha winked at him.
"I will also need an assistant!" She said as every woman in the club raised their hand at the shot of standing next to Mick. She chose a young woman who basically jumping up down to get noticed.
"Ok, you!" She said pointing at the young woman who squealed in delight and she ran for the stage.
"On my God, I saw your show in Santa Cruz and you're amazing!!" The woman said.
"What's your name?" Tisha asked.
"Rebecca Howard" She said.
"Alright Rebecca, you've just gotten an email that your boyfriend Mick cheated on you with your rival and also stole all of your money, you spot the knife on the table and somehow it winds up in your hand" She said placing the knife in her hand. "Now there's only one thing to do" She said stepping back. Rebecca slowly stepped towards Mick as he started to back away.
"Hey, R...Rebecca...." Mick began to say holding up his hands. "Please don't do anything you're going to regret" Mick said, but still the woman got closer. Mick didn't know what Tisha had in mind for her little trick, but there was no way he was going to let some woman stab him with what looked to be a rather large kitchen knife. Like Michael Meyers sized knife. Suddenly Tisha was standing in front of him as Rebecca plunged the knife right into her stomach. The crowd gasped and some screamed as they saw blood pour from Tisha's stomach as she pulled her shirt apart showing her wound for all to see. She raised up her hand to silence everyone.
"Heal!!" She screamed out and everyone watched as the wound closed up. Tisha stood straight with her arms up in the air while everyone stood from their seats and applauded. Tisha thanked both Mick and Rebecca for assisting with the trick as they walked back to where they were sitting.
"She's a vamp isn't she?" Carl asked.
"Yea, she is" Mick nodded and for the next 90 minutes they watched Tisha perform quite amazing magic tricks. "You know it doesn't seem like this girl really needs Demetri Ryan" Mick said after the show was over.
"I see what you mean. Do you think we overlooked something?" Carl asked.
"I don't see how. I mean she fits the profile to a tee, the others seemed to be obsessed with man himself. She reads like someone jealous of his success" Mick added.
"Let's have a chat with her" Carl said asking the bartender where the dressing rooms were and because Carl would always have the demeanor of a cop, people always did exactly what he wanted them to.

Carl knocked on the door. Tisha ran to answer it thinking it was her soon to be new agent. She flung open the door with a bright smile, then her face fell.
"Yes. May I help you?" She asked.
"My name is Carl Davis and this is my partner Mick St. John" Carl said.
"Police." She said staring at them noticing that they seemed a bit different than other cops she saw in Los Angeles.
"We need to ask you some questions" Mick said.
"About what?" She asked.
"Demetri Ryan" He replied.
"What about him? I thought he was in jail or something" She said casually.
"We noticed that you sent Demetri some rather threatening letters a while ago" Carl said.
"Yeah, I applied for job as his assistant and got turned down. I was angry so I wrote a pissed off letter, so what?" She said.
"How pissed off were you?" He asked.
"Enough to write a letter, but I think I rallied very well. The Owner just told me that my show was sold out! So I could care less about Demetri Ryan's fake vampire shindigs" She said in anger.
"Because you're going to start your own fake vampire shindigs. Pretty amazing healing stunt you pulled" Mick said with chuckle. Then it hit Tisha. Both of these offices were vampires.
"Let me guess, I broke some stupid vampire rule about faking shit?" She said.
"I personally could care less about that, but I do want to ask you about some murdered women that have been showing up in places where Demetri Ryan happens to live or work" Mick said. Tisha placed her hand over her heart.
"What and you think I killed them?" She said in shock that never showed in her eyes.
"Did you?" Carl asked watching her expression.
"No. And why would I? I'm going to sign with an agent very shortly and Demetri Ryan and his drained women will be another fodder for the tabloids" She finished slamming the door in their faces.
"How did she know they were drained? That wasn't released" Mick said turning to Carl. "She did it".

Tisha leaned back against the door trying to hear what they were saying, but she heard nothing. It seemed like the police weren't all that convinced that Demetri killed the women. Perhaps just once more to seal his fate she chuckled to herself.

Beth poured Demetri a strong drink and sat next to him.
"You know Mick is going to find out what's going on?" Beth asked.
"Yeah, I know......I'm just sick of it. All I wanted to do was leave everything behind and settled down in New Orleans" He said downing the entire drink.
"Is New Orleans wise for you......I mean......" Beth started to say then stopped. It wasn't her place to counsel the vampire on how he wanted to lead his life.
"Because of the drugs? I'm don't with that. Lizzy, bless her heart, cured me of that. I don't know how she did it but she did" He said smiling remembering how they met. "Lizzy is the best thing to ever happen to me"
"Well, I would love to meet her one day. She sounds absolutely wonderful!" Beth said "Have you spoken with her?" She asked.
"Yeah, I called her this morning and she was in high spirits baking treats for the children of her church. She likes to do things like that" He said. Mick came in followed by Carl.
"We know who's framing you. A woman by the name of Tisha Crane" Carl said.
"I remember her!" Demetri said. "She interviewed for my Assistant position a while ago. She was really talented, but she wouldn't have been able to practice her own magic and I certainly didn't want to demean her. She had a real knack for the art" He explained.
"We just caught one of her shows. She's a vamp" Mick said.
"What? Are you serious?" Demetri asked in shock.
"She's doing an act where she gets murdered on stage but heals herself" Mick explained. Demetri grinned.
"That's actually pretty clever" Beth said.
"How did she take the news that she wouldn't be hired?" Mick asked.
"She was upset though not in the way that most people are upset. Usually people cry, but this woman was truly upset. She was the only applicant that I spoke with personally because she had so much talent I wanted her to know that she was better than just being an Assistant in someone else's show"
Well it looks like she's decided that the world only needs one vampire magician" Carl said.
"What are you going to do? I mean is she going to keep murdering people?" Beth asked.
"Yeah, she will". Mick said as his phone began to ring. "Mick St. John" He said.
"Mick it's Officer Lyons. I wanted to let you know that after interviewing the family members of the two victims, we found out that both had answered a Craigslist ad that was posted that read it was looking for pretty women to perform at a magic show. Now I'm guessing that both women knew that Demetri Ryan was in town and naturally thought he had placed the ad" She said.
"Is the ad still up?" Mick asked.
"Yes it is" She replied.
"Okay. I want you to answer the ad and I want you to describe Lisa" He said.
"Daredevil?"
"Yeah, and make her sound innocent" He said hanging up then calling Lisa to see if she would be available.

Tisha was going to write another ad when she saw that someone had responded to the first one.She read the email and chuckled. This airhead had actually stated that she was a natural blonde! As if something like that mattered in the real world. "I think she'll be perfect for my last one" She thought to herself. And after this Demetri Ryan will be thrown in jail.
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

Lisa was always game to help out Mick no matter the circumstance, so she was thrilled at the chance to do some undercover work.
"Why does she hate this guy so much? I mean, this is taking things a bit far isn't it" Lisa asked.
"I don't think she hates him, as much as she thinks she can do better" Mick replied "But I want you to be careful. Don't drink anything she hands you and don't let her get close enough to stake you or shoot you up with anything and meet with her in public" Mick said.
"Got it. So how do you want me to play this?"
"Wanna be actress fallen on hard times, willing to slum it for rent money" Carl said.
"So desperate but not too desperate. She replied with a giggle. "Telling her that I'm willing to slum it until I get my big break should send her over the edge". She laughed.
"And that's right where we want her" Mick said. And we want Steve to shadow you, not because you needs help but we need to get her on camera. So what time are you meeting with her?"
"She wants to meet at Bocalar at 7pm. I haven't called back yet"
"Call her back now and confirm but when you get there, be kind of the Hollywood brat type" Mick said.
Lisa picked up her phone and made the call.

At 7:15pm Lisa walked into the Bocalar Lounge and looked around already knowing who she was meeting with. She saw a woman in an awful blonde wig waving at her to come over.
"Are you Lisa?" She asked looking at Lisa from head to toe.
"Yeah" Lisa said pulling out a chair and sitting down. "Look, my agent just called and they want me on the set of Shark Lake so sorry." She said dismissively.
"Well I'm sorry to hear that. Demetri had his heart set on you to be his permanent assistant with a salary of $750,000.00 per year" She said taking a sip of the water that in front of her. Lisa stopped suddenly.
"Did you just say 750k?" She asked.
"Yes". She replied seeing the look of greed on the young woman's face.
"I thought he was quitting or retiring or something" Lisa said.
"That's just a little tease he does to vamp up sales for the Halloween show on Saturday. So if you accept the position, we can take you to meet Demetri and fill out your paperwork" She said. Lisa stared at the woman but thought about $750k and smiled a bit.
"Ok". Lisa said finally.
"Great. Let's go meet Demetri" She said leading Lisa out of the lounge and to a black sedan that waiting outside. Lisa knew exactly where Steve was, so she got into the car and fastened her seat belt.

The drive took all of 15 minutes give or take until they reached a very artsy industrial section of town.
"He lives here?" Lisa asked looking all around.
"No. This is just his studio. This is where he makes magic happen" She said finding a parking space and pulling in. They got out of the car and walked towards a building.
"You were really going to accept a part in a movie called Shark Lake?" Tisha asked with chuckle.
"Well technically, it's Shark Lake 2 The Great Beyond" Lisa said.
"I think you'll find this a little less humiliating" She said opening the door and seeing that Demetri still had not come to his own studio. She turned on the lights.
"This is freaking cool!" Lisa said looking around at all the props.
"So, have a seat and I will find out where Demetri is" She said walking up the stairs.
Lisa could hear Steve outside, but then she stood up and Tisha was right in front of her.
"Jeez! You scared the crap out of me!!" Lisa said stepping away from her.
"I'm sorry. Demetri is taking call. He'll be down in a moment. Would you like something to drink?"
"You got a diet soda?" Lisa asked.
"Let me check" Tisha said opening up the fridge. "No soda just Heineken" She said.
"That's cool" She said, keeping her eye on Tisha the whole time. She noticed that she had closed the door to the fridge but was still standing there not saying a word. "Hey, are you okay?" Lisa asked still not moving towards the woman. Tisha quickly turned and bared her fangs. Lisa stared at the woman.
"What do you want?" She said backing to door.
"Why do you need to know?" Tisha joked.
"Maybe so I can haunt you when you're done drinking me or whatever it is you plan on doing. Is Demetri your maker?" Lisa asked.
"That has-been is not my maker! He's a sham a charlatan. A murderer of women" She said walking closer.
"But you're the one doing the killing" Lisa said as the vamp came closer to her trying to corner her "Do you have to do what he tells you" Lisa said smiling thinking that would really piss her off.
"Do what he tells me? You stupid silly fool! No one tells me anything! She screamed barring her fangs and jumping towards Her. Lisa stood her ground and delivered a solid punch to Tisha's throat. She doubled over in pain and when Lisa delivered another solid blow to her head knocking her to the ground. Lisa quickly called Brian to tell him Tisha was his.
Brian appeared and surveyed the scene.
"Well done Daredevil. She will be prosecuted" He said scooping up the woman and taking her away.

Carl had rang the police department to hand over all they had found out including the wire that Lisa had been wearing when she went to meet with Tisha, so they had to issue a statement saying that Demetri Ryan was innocent of charges.

"Thank you guys for all your help, I don't know how I can replay you" He said looking at Carl, Mick, Brian and Josef.
"Well, now that you mention it..." Josef said. "I still need someone to perform for my charity for At-Risk Youth"
"You got it!" Demetri said with a wide smile, then he left to work on some fantastic illusions for these children and when he was ready, Josef rented out the the Ahmanson Theatre for all the children and their families. And sitting in the front row was Dr. Marcus Clyde and his Mother Lizzy. When Demetri stepped out onto the stage and saw his family sitting in front him, he performed like he had in the beginning when magic was all he wanted to do and the children loved it, but more importantly Demetri loved it.

After the show Demetri introduced Lizzy and Marcus to the vampires who had helped clear his name.
Marcus was little nervous but Lizzy simply hugged every last one of them then asked them to come and break bread with her.
"Y'all got any soul food in California?" She asked.
"I know the perfect place!" Demetri said and they all drove to Dulan’s On Crenshaw. "Now keep in mind, that nothing here is going to taste as good as your cooking" Demetri said throwing his arm around Lizzy and holding the door open for them all.

Tisha came to and saw she was inside a jail cell. She quickly stood up and walked over to the door to yank it open, but she no strength. Something was wrong. She saw a beautiful woman dressed as a dominatrix walk up to her caring a tray of food. She stooped down and slid the tray underneath the cell.
"What the hell is this crap?" Tisha yelled.
"This is food. Human food" Korsha replied.
"Well I'm not human". She said trying to bare her fangs and not being able to. "What the hell did you do to me?" She yelled.
"You have been stripped of being a vampire. And since you can no longer consume blood any longer, this is what you'll eat until your sentence is passed.
"Sentence? What for?" She asked although she knew. Korsha looked at her, shook her head and walked out the door. Tisha's first instinct was to throw the tray at the wall, then she felt her stomach rumble and with tears in her eyes, she sat on hard bed in the cell and proceeded to eat what they have given her.

The End

Return to “Ella713's Office”