Twelve Years in the Moonlight

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Twelve Years in the Moonlight

Post by allegrita »

Well, kids, we've hit a milestone. Twelve freaking years. If we were eggs, we would all be in a cardboard box together in the fridge. :ghug: :snicker:

But seriously... think about that. Twelve years ago, our show started airing on Friday nights (at least, here in the USA). It grabbed us, shook us around, and threw us against the wall, metaphorically speaking. :thud: And when we got back up, we were changed. We were inspired. We were enthralled. We started wanting to create stories and art, because as wonderful as it was, we wanted more. We formed communities online, and made lasting friendships. And that magic began twelve years ago, on September 28th, 2007, with the airing of No Such Things as Vampires.

I don't know about you all, but I am profoundly grateful that Moonlight changed my life that day. I'm so happy to still be here, meeting new friends and hanging with old ones, even so many years on. I'm still writing, at least a little, and I love reading others' stories. I still watch lovely videos, check out the fan art, melt over pictures of Mick and Josef, and peruse the location threads.

None of this would have happened had we not met Mick, Josef, Beth, Coraline, Steve, Carl, Maureen, Guillermo, and all the other wonderful characters we know and love. :rose:

Happy Anniversary, Moonlight! :champs: :champs: :heart: :ghug:

Love,
Allegrita :rose:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Twelve Years in the Moonlight

Post by allegrita »

Just a little P.S. to say that we've got a 12-day Champagne Challenge in honor of the anniversary! Check it out: http://www.moonlightaholics.com/viewtop ... 37&t=13046
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Alle, I couldn’t have said it any better. :hearts: :hug: :flowers:

I’m traveling today, but I just had to stop for a minute to acknowledge this incredible milestone. For a long time we focused on what we lost when the show was canceled, but the fact is - we gained so very much more. :rose:

:ghug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

May 18th is the day that changed my life...the day I heard the news. I haven’t been the same since then. Everything...everything is different. And Alex? Still in drool stage. (Did have to make room for some other beautiful heartthrob though. Two drool worthy men now in my life) :thud:
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

:champs: :bdsing: :highfive: :champs:

12 Years, and I may go away for a while, but somehow I always keep returning.

Moonlight will always be special to me. In my 35 years of fandom, it is in the top five loves of all time. It's only the second show I was so inspired to write fic for. Mick and Beth and their wonderful relationship captured me from the first episode, and Josef... well, he grew on me, but once he did... Well, those of you with a Josef Muse know what happened then! :notworthy: (I think the not-worthy smiley was made just for him, wasn't it? At least that's what he told me... :winky:)
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Lilly wrote: For a long time we focused on what we lost when the show was canceled, but the fact is - we gained so very much more. :rose:

:ghug:
Well said, Lilly. And it keeps us coming back here. :ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

Twelve years!?! Wow, time flies when you're having fun.

Thanks, Alle, for keeping our playground open. I really appreciate all you do to keep a ML home for vampire-loving "tweens". Just think, one more year and we'll all be ML teenagers. :teeth:
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

allegrita wrote: Well, kids, we've hit a milestone. Twelve freaking years. If we were eggs, we would all be in a cardboard box together in the fridge. :ghug: :snicker:
Alle, this reference made me giggle so hard. :snicker:

FYI - this is what happens when you google "vampire eggs".... :whistle:

:teeth:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

BWAHAHAHAA! :rolling: Oh, Lilly, that's awesome!
MickLifeCrisis
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh my gosh, that is too fab!! :rolling: :dracula: :rolling: Thank you for sharing, Lilly! :hug:
aolver
Rogue vampire

Post by aolver »

So cute.
Beautiful banner and avatar by Skylar
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

Sorry for not posting about this earlier, but I want to thank Alle and everyone who has kept this site alive and a haven for those who still remember this show.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Wow, 12 years... that really takes me back. The Moonlightiverse was my first and only fandom. God I can still remember those early heady days of several fan sites. It was was intense. I am so incredibly grateful to have found this site, and this fandom. The generosity of Alle keeps this place open and if I want to express my sincere gratitude for her time and effort in keeping this place running. If I could these would be real but they’re all I have so :flowers: :rose: :flowers: Thank you Alle. Thank you all of you for keeping the conversation going.

Luxe xxx
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

I agree with everything you said, Luxe. :hug: Also my first and only fandom. The early days were fun while they lasted, but since I am now 12 years older too, it's so warm and cozy here. :teacup: :petcat:

:thanks: :ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
Catmoon
Rogue vampire

Post by Catmoon »

Moonlightsonata wrote:Sorry for not posting about this earlier, but I want to thank Alle and everyone who has kept this site alive and a haven for those who still remember this show.
Ditto Ditto Ditto! It's so great to be able to wander in twelve years on, and find the place open and all the wonderful content still available. That is rare. So many fandom sites have disappeared over the years, with much history lost. We're lucky to still have MLA.
Click here for link to my HB series story index

"I do whatever the Josef-muse tells me to do."

Return to “Moonlight's Twelfth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2019”