Post by Lucy »

Champagne Challenge #178: Star Light, Star Bright
Rated PG13

Star light, star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have this wish I wish tonight

What would a vampire wish for...? Depends on the vampire, maybe. :chin:

What do you wish for? Money? Fame? A good night's sleep? To finish that story you've had knocking around in your brain for much too long?

MLMLMLMLMLMLMLMLML

The Misbegotten

Oh, is the moon for the misbegotten? The illegitimate? Those who have been ill-conceived? Would that be for my darling man, Mick St John?

I asked that talent agent to book me a band of beating hearts for my poolside party. Send me perhaps a few handsome musicians Cynthia and I could toy with, snack on and leave them to wake up the following day at a mansion glittering in the Los Angeles sun. Leave them wondering what happened to the throngs of people who had danced and drank and cackled at risqué jokes while they played their mortal hearts out.

What that talent agent sent me was an Adonis, a guitar-playing god. Oh, when he self-consciously kept retucking that red Aloha shirt into the back of his trousers I nearly got the vapors (If I had to breath). That voice, his velvet baritone woke my feminine wiles after being bored for far too long.
Under that ceaseless blanket of stars, I was mesmerized by his hands caressing his guitar. The sway of his slim hips while he strummed made me shiver in the evening heat. I wished to beguile him forever.

Newly embedded in the family, all those charming mortal behaviors are gone. My ‘husband’ is moody and broody and definitely on the track to walk into the sunlight. Who knew he’d be so whiny?

“You made me a monster.” His voice was rough and angry at me. Me! I gave him immortality and the gift of being top of the food chain. Some people…

Once he desired me. Once he threw a chair through my wall of windows to get to me. Once I took him without question and now?

Now, I’ll leave him. What is their silly mortal saying, something about 'stewing in their own juice'? Yes, I'll leave him for now.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: CC#178: Star Light, Star Bright PG13

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Coraline... you are discovering that a wild thing, once caught, is not as much fun as you might have imagined. :sigh: I really do sympathize with the two of them. She thought she had the makings of the perfect vamp, but what she got was a guy with massive PTSD and a broken heart, who didn't understand or appreciate the "gift" he'd been given. (Of course, a bit of warning might have helped a lot... we'll never know.) And Mick... swept off his feet by the glamour of a woman with centuries of experience and a body to die for, got... only death, the loss of his family, and a sense of betrayal that he could never overcome. :bmoon:

I feel for Coraline here. I truly do. But I wish she'd used some of her wisdom instead of acting on a whim. It might have made all the difference. :Mickangel:

Great answer to the Challenge!
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Thanks! These challenges mean even more in 2019.... thanks for posting them to answer.

Wouldn't we all have had a few coaching words to Coraline if we could have gotten our hands on him?
allegrita wrote:Oh, Coraline... you are discovering that a wild thing, once caught, is not as much fun as you might have imagined. :sigh: I really do sympathize with the two of them. She thought she had the makings of the perfect vamp, but what she got was a guy with massive PTSD and a broken heart, who didn't understand or appreciate the "gift" he'd been given. (Of course, a bit of warning might have helped a lot... we'll never know.) And Mick... swept off his feet by the glamour of a woman with centuries of experience and a body to die for, got... only death, the loss of his family, and a sense of betrayal that he could never overcome. :bmoon:

I feel for Coraline here. I truly do. But I wish she'd used some of her wisdom instead of acting on a whim. It might have made all the difference. :Mickangel:

Great answer to the Challenge!
Luxe de Luxe
Sire

Post by Luxe de Luxe »

Hello Lucy :wave:

thank you for giving us this glimpse inside Coraline's beautiful head. We really didn't get enough of her in the series I thought. She was such an interesting antagonist and challenge to Beth for Mick's affection.

I really enjoyed your descriptions of Coraline's reactions to Mick. By god he IS an adonis and I could visualize the scene at the party reading this. I actually got a shiver at the lines about him caressing the guitar. I'd never thought about it before but boy did your words impact.
In your story Coraline is in complete control... she chooses him, turns him and then leaves him. Is she what MIck accuses her of being? A monster? She shows little humanity or understanding of humanity in this, so perhaps this Coraline may have left enough of her own humanity behind to make the accusation accurate.
Banner by the talented Hot Micks
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

Luxe de Luxe wrote:Hello Lucy :wave:

thank you for giving us this glimpse inside Coraline's beautiful head. We really didn't get enough of her in the series I thought. She was such an interesting antagonist and challenge to Beth for Mick's affection.

I really enjoyed your descriptions of Coraline's reactions to Mick. By god he IS an adonis and I could visualize the scene at the party reading this. I actually got a shiver at the lines about him caressing the guitar. I'd never thought about it before but boy did your words impact.
In your story Coraline is in complete control... she chooses him, turns him and then leaves him. Is she what MIck accuses her of being? A monster? She shows little humanity or understanding of humanity in this, so perhaps this Coraline may have left enough of her own humanity behind to make the accusation accurate.

Thank-you for stopping by..... I always have loved Coraline (she reminded me of my mother). If only there had been a second season we could have delved into her past. Being one of several brothers had to be hard at that time.

I totally believe her humanity was drained long before her blood was drained. Her competitive, grab-it-all nature was her survival. By the time she was a vampire, I see her as top of the pecking order.

And without Coraline, there would have been no Vampire Mick and then, where would we ALL BE? Deprived of one of the most alluring vampires of all time, our angsty Mick.

:ghug: Thank you for your kind words.

Return to “Lucy's Office”