Twilight Call (special note, 11/06/09)–PG-13

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Twilight Call (special note, 11/06/09)–PG-13

Post by librarian_7 »

All the standard disclaimers apply.

It takes place sometime shortly after B. C. Any spoilers are very minor.

Thasks for reading!

Twilight Call

Beth pulled aside her bedroom curtains and stared out into the gathering darkness. She’d never really given it much thought, but it occurred to her now that she’d always preferred the day with all its activity and color. Lately, though, lately she realized that night had begun to seem like a friend, dark and mysterious and surrounding her with a sense of cool protection. She’d always felt protected—after more than one teenaged scrape had nearly miraculously worked out without serious consequences, her mother used to tell her, “Your guardian angel works a lot of overtime.” Still, the feeling had intensified recently.

It looked to be a quiet evening tonight. Josh hadn’t called in a couple of days; she knew he was wrapped up in preparing for a trial, and she wasn’t expecting much attention from him for the next few weeks. She thought about that for a moment, smiling a bit ruefully out into the gloom. Somehow, the idea just didn’t bother her the way it might have once. Besides, this would give her a chance to relax, maybe sit down with her laptop and do a little research, or even put everything aside and just read a novel. She couldn’t remember the last time she’d done that. Maybe she owed herself a little down time.

The muffled shrilling of her cell from her purse startled her. She wasn’t expecting a call from anyone. As she retrieved the phone and glanced at the screen to see who was calling, she told herself it was just the unexpected noise that was making her heart beat a little faster.

She hit the button to answer the phone. “Mick,” she said, “hey. What’s up?” She hadn’t heard from him since the explosion at the black crystal lab, and she allowed herself a momentary twinge of embarrassment over what had happened during her experiences with the drug. She’d surely never made such an ass of herself with anyone ever. If he hadn’t been so damn civilized about the whole thing…it was a wonder he was still speaking to her.

“Beth,” he said, “hi. I, umm, well, are you all right?” The velvet warmth of his voice was like a caress.

“I’m fine. Why do you ask?”

There was a pause. She could almost feel him choosing his words. “I thought you might have had some trouble today.”

“No, not really. I had a bit of a fender bender this afternoon, but nothing serious. I’ll have a bruise or two, and the car’s in the shop. But I’m fine.” She paused. “How did you –“

“We have a connection, Beth. Never forget that.” There were volumes hanging unspoken in the evening air. Beth closed her eyes, almost feeling his comforting presence by her side. She heard him draw in a breath, as though about to speak, then the connection broke.

Beth looked out the window. It was full dark now, and the lights of the city glowed. She smiled. She was beginning to like the night.
coco
Cleaner

Re: Twilight Call (vignette, Mick/Beth)–PG-13

Post by coco »

This was just lovely Lucky.
Beth looked out the window. It was full dark now, and the lights of the city glowed. She smiled. She was beginning to like the night.
Who wouldn't feel this way with Mick in their life?
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Aww, thanks, coco! This was my very first foray into fanfic. Written on a piece of scratch paper...I never thought I'd have an idea for such a thing! Who knew where the path would lead?

Lucky
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

librarian_7 wrote:Aww, thanks, coco! This was my very first foray into fanfic. Written on a piece of scratch paper...I never thought I'd have an idea for such a thing! Who knew where the path would lead?

Lucky

Really? This was your first one? That is so cool! The first one of yours that I ever read was Either/Or...

This one is lovely. I can HEAR his voice, just as you describe it... LOVE that! :heart:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

librarian_7 wrote:Aww, thanks, coco! This was my very first foray into fanfic. Written on a piece of scratch paper...I never thought I'd have an idea for such a thing! Who knew where the path would lead?

Lucky
Lucky I'm so impressed this was your first foray into fic. This little gem certainly paved the way for so many more wonderful fics from you. :thumbs:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

wpgrace wrote:

Lucky

Really? This was your first one? That is so cool! The first one of yours that I ever read was Either/Or...

This one is lovely. I can HEAR his voice, just as you describe it... LOVE that! :heart:
Let's see...I wrote Either/Or right at the time of the cancellation (if memory serves, it may have been that very morning, just before we heard), but didn't post it for a couple weeks after, because it just seemed too depressing on the heels of such awful news.

It's so cool to see people giving my office a rummage through...lots of interesting stuff there, if I do say so myself.

Lucky
helloeeze
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by helloeeze »

That was a little bit of heaven. "velvet warmth of his voice"
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

I'm so glad coco bumped this up to the top! It seems strange to read MickBeth from you, Lucky, but you sure have Mick's voice nailed. Your very first, huh!? Well... wow. You started out with a bang! Gorgeous.
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Just lovely, what a great first fic. And Mick/Beth who knew? :dracula:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I decided to bump this today, because it's the second anniversary of it being posted on MLF.

This was my very first, oh-so-tentative, fanfic. I wrote it on the back of a piece of scrap paper...feeling very foolish for trying my hand at fic writing. And it holds a special place in my heart for that reason. Who knew everything that was to follow in the next two years? I sure didn't!

I want to say again how much I appreciate all the support and love I've gotten for my fic, from my beta readers (especially the incomparably Lilly--I didn't even know her when this fic was written, that's how old it is!), and all those who have read and commented on my stories.

I'm not quitting--far from it! But I wanted to mark the occasion.

Hugs and love,

Lucky
tucutecats
Fledgling

Re: Twilight Call (special note, 11/06/09)–PG-13

Post by tucutecats »

Always nice to get new fic from you. I liked this, Mick and Beth and twilight.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

tucutecats wrote:Always nice to get new fic from you. I liked this, Mick and Beth and twilight.
Uh, thanks, tucute! This is actually my OLDEST fic. Two years old today...

Lucky
mitzie
Courtesan

Post by mitzie »

I've never read this before. It's lovely and sensual!!!! :hearts: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :hyper2: :melts: :melts: :melts: :thud: :mdrama: :devil: :cloud9: :yahoo: :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :thud: :thud: :notworthy: :rose: :flowers:

Congrats, Lucky, on this wonderful first fanfic!!!! :champs: :hug:

mitzie :mooncat:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

:cheer:

And to many many more!
:champs:

edited because smilie won't show up
fairytoes
Rogue vampire

Post by fairytoes »

thank you for bumping this. :thanks2:

I never read this before. It's absolutely lovely.
“We have a connection, Beth. Never forget that.”
:happysigh:

Yes, they have.
Wonderful Banner by Redwinter
Gorgeous Avi by Lilly
Thank you!

Return to “Mick and Beth”