Twilight Call (special note, 11/06/09)–PG-13

Moonlighter
Rogue vampire
Location: Found my nice soft place, snuggled up next to Mick in th-this fr-fr-frigid fr-fr-freezer...

Re: Twilight Call (special note, 11/06/09)–PG-13

Post by Moonlighter »

librarian_7 wrote:Beth looked out the window. It was full dark now, and the lights of the city glowed. She smiled. She was beginning to like the night.
I really like that line. Even better now that she figures Mick is out there. Nice little MickBeth fic.
Last edited by Moonlighter on Thu May 27, 2010 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Banner courtesy of the wonderfully talented, Moderator Most Awesome, soon-to-be-missed Phoenix!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lovely!

Yes, Beth is developing a fondness for the night and the things that inhabit it, is becoming comfortable with the sights, sounds and scents of the night.

Who knew?

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: .
Last edited by jen on Sun May 16, 2010 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Thanks, jen. This was my very first fic, slight as it is, and it holds a special place in my heart.

Lucky
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

So I've come here to read this one again. It's a lovely little vignette, and captures Beth's transition falling for Mick and the night. Very nice. :hearts:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

You were always a wonderful writer, dear Lucky. This little vignette really captured the spirit of the show, and you got Mick's and Beth's voices so well here. I remember with such fondness the intensity with which we were all immersed in the Moonlight world back then. And I can see in this story how powerfully it expressed itself through fanfic, especially in the hands of wonderful writers like you.

Just beautiful.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Oh, gosh...this little thing. I remember wanting to write something that was understated, as the romance in the show was, so much of the time. Not a huge, "let's fall off a cliff into love" kind of moment, but something that would show Beth growing closer to Mick, a little bit at a time.

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous, fabulous first fic!

Thank you

Jenna :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

This was such a tiny little fic...who knew what was to come? :snicker:

Lucky
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Wow.

In your first foray into writing fanfic, your talent for creating ambiance and creating a mood is already on display. This is wonderful!

Once very much a part of the light, color and fast movement of the day, Beth is falling under the enchantment of the cool, soothing influence of the night and all that goes with it. This fic also touches briefly on other elements of Moonlight, and it was good to hear Mick acknowledge their connection.

Very nice!

Thank you!

Jenna
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

That is a wonderful vignette ,Lucky..Beth's life is changing slowly but in all aspects, from the way she reacts to Josh's attitude to the way she feels towards Mick, even in this polite friendly phonecall..Such an amazing atmosphere you created here, and even during the phonecall I could listen to Mick's voice and share Beth's mixed emotions..
librarian_7 wrote:Lately, though, lately she realized that night had begun to seem like a friend, dark and mysterious and surrounding her with a sense of cool protection.
Such a smart girl,our Beth...is that actually the night she is thinking about, or just Mick..??
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Fabulous!

Beth feels the near gravitational pull of Mick, and by extension, his world. If the night is where he must be, then she is drawn to it.

Lovely, lovely little fic!

Thank you!
Marigold
Courtesan

Post by Marigold »

This was your first fic? Wow! :rose: :notworthy:

This is a marvelous little vignette. So much is said in so few words.

Beth's attentions have started to shift from Josh to Mick. She realizes this, and yet is not as bothered as she once might have been.

Mick is still acting as a guardian angel to Beth, but this time, he doesn't keep it a secret.
She was beginning to like the night.
:heart: Well, as Lola said, "Half the world is night."

Thanks, Lucky! :hearts:
Fantastic banner by Kath40! Thank you!
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

Lucky

One of the wonderful things of this fic is its brevity.

It acknowledges three very important truths in the Moonlight universe.

That Beth is falling under the spell of the night, and all that it contains (and this has everything to do with a certain enigmatic P.I.)

That Mick is equally enthralled and occupied with her

And that a connection had been forged between them.

It doesn't go into great detail about that connection. That is for another time and a LOT of other fanfic. This story just brushes against the truth of it and moves on.

Fabulous!

Thank you!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

librarian_7 wrote:There were volumes hanging unspoken in the evening air. Beth closed her eyes, almost feeling his comforting presence by her side. She heard him draw in a breath, as though about to speak, then the connection broke.

Beth looked out the window. It was full dark now, and the lights of the city glowed. She smiled. She was beginning to like the night.
Lovely re-read!
You know, it is kind of frustrating...first I thought you had a close connection with Josef..then, you write Mick as if he talks to you...and now Beth?? And it is your first one too!!
:flowers:
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Such a beautiful little fic! I was watching BC just now and thought I'd look for something that takes place just after, and I found this fic. It is so perfect, after picturing what must be going through Beth's mind as she stares in the mirror... how she must be thinking of Lola's last words to her, wondering whether she'll ever belong to their half of the world, whether she'd want to... now reading her thoughts in your story so warms my heart! Thank you! :rose:

Return to “Mick and Beth”