Alex O's Career - What's next after H50?

HotMicks
Ancient

Alex O's Career - What's next after H50?

Post by HotMicks »

Soooo... If I understand correctly, next year is supposedly the last year of Alex's contract for H50. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I will refrain from doing my happy dance :blushing: because I never, ever thought I would not want to watch him on my screen, but that is sadly the point I reached with H50 and I am surely not happy about that. However, I know many of you still enjoy the show, so no happy dance and I don't mean to bum-rush your final year of the show.

I do, however, have some concerns that we have thus far not seen much of a publicity push for our guy. I know there was some interview recently where he mentioned how beat up and tired he is, so I'm wondering if he's planning on taking a break after the show ends its run (much deserved, mind you, so I'm not complaining). It's just that I am soooo ready to see him in something new.

So I'm wondering, what do you all think? Will he take a break? What would you like to see him do next? How do you think his being in Hawaii will affect his options (I'm thinking it means movies - unless some other Hawaii-based TV show is in the works).

And if this discussion is premature, just let this thread languish until you're ready to talk about it. :laugh:

As for me, I'd like to see him get a meaty, dramatic role in an independent flick that tells a fascinating, character-driven story. Or a guest spot on Better Call Saul. He can be Jimmy's weird new client that can only meet with his attorney at night. :teeth:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
jmc
Rogue vampire

Re: Alex O's Career - What's next after H50?

Post by jmc »

I've wondered about his career plans for a while. It will be interesting to see what develops after H50.

I will admit to being a bad fan girl this year. I have not watched the show since last fall. I missed a few shows around the election and never went back. :sigh:

. . . Love is strong as death . . . - Song of Solomon 8: 6
"fiercely faithful"

My beautiful MickBeth avatar by Twilightdew. My beautiful banner courtesy of the very talented Phoenix.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

My expectation is that he'll take a pretty long vacation. He really hasn't had any time off, to speak of, for about 8 years! So I expect to see him just kicking back and healing up all his torn muscles, stretched ligaments, and other injuries, and enjoying himself with his family for a while. :ghug: I'll miss seeing him on TV, but I am so glad for him that he will have the luxury of not working for a few months.

When he does go back to work, I figure he'll do movies. In fact I think he said something not too long ago about not wanting to do series TV after this. :chin: It's so time consuming, and with the way he throws himself into his jobs, it's exhausting, too! :comfort2:

I'm with you, HotMicks. I would love to see him do small, independent projects and films. I'd love to see him find roles that would give him a chance to stretch his acting muscles. Hopefully, he doesn't need to do big-money stuff to pay the bills, and can be choosy about what he does. I'd love to see him in a comedy. :teeth:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I totally agree, Alle. :yes: He needs a break.

I don't think we'll see him in another TV series -- unless it's in a one-time, featured guest-starring role.
HotMicks wrote:As for me, I'd like to see him get a meaty, dramatic role in an independent flick that tells a fascinating, character-driven story.
This!! HotMicks, this would be ideal. :fingerscrossed: I love to see him do something challenging, not unlike the role of Vincent that he did for Criminal Minds, but on a larger scale. He's done "action guy" for so long, it would be nice to see something quieter and more introspective.

I don't think there's anything that could get him to leave Hawaii long term. This short video kind of gives a feel for where he's at in that regard:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/watch_magazine ... -loughlin/
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

Ooh, Lilly, thanks for that video - I hadn't seen it! :hug: Not only did we get to see him riding the horse again ( :melts: ), but you're right, it does reinforce how happy he is to be there. And yeah, it's been clear ever since he got married that he intends to make his life there (and who can blame him, right? :laugh: ). I also think he finds it much less scary (papz/psycho fan-wise) than L.A.

Funny that you mention Vincent, because that is exactly what I had in mind when I made that comment. But ooooh, Alle, a comedy sounds fun too! :cloud9: Let's hope he gets to do both - and much more!!! I'm also still holding out a slim hope for the Bond franchise (because he would be the most charming, suave Bond evah!), but I'm not sure he'd want to do that now even if they offered it to him, given the time away from his kids that it would require. :shrug:

Finally.... jmc, I'm glad I'm not the only one. :phew: :snicker: :hug:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

HotMicks wrote: As for me, I'd like to see him get a meaty, dramatic role in an independent flick that tells a fascinating, character-driven story. Or a guest spot on Better Call Saul. He can be Jimmy's weird new client that can only meet with his attorney at night. :teeth:

NEVER been a fan of the Steve-Danno dynamic.....I deplore how it is written and it has become a sore point with me as it degraded.

OMGAWSH....I love Better Call Saul... :highfive: .and seeing Alex in a variety of quirky roles would be a hoot and a half.....

I do not want him to become the next MOVIE action hero.... :chair: not even James Bond...NONONONONONONO

I'm afraid he's going to recede to where he raises his kids and loves his wife and vaporizes off the scene and live wisely off his earnings. :hankie:

He never was one to seek roles, his name has never been BIG BOX OFFICE.....
Hollywood is based on relationships...and who does he have professional relationships with?
Folks in Australia.....
Look on IMDB and there's news about the The Fate of The Furious.. :slaphead: ...Avenger type films, Guardians of the Galaxy....
Those fans do not even know who Alex is..... :noway:

Will he become a dramatic actor???? He has the training... :clapping: ....
Will he do Westerns? Science Fiction? Period dramas? :fingerscrossed: I'd love to see him do a noir film LIKE Chinatown (But not a reboot)

I want to see him use his talents ... :fingerscrossed: ... without him saying "SHOW ME YOUR HANDS."
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I just want something with complex emotions. He is so good when he's conflicted like Mick.

There have been moments in H50 like thinking his father is still alive in the 100th episode, the episode about the child killer when Steve found the pile of pictures at the end of the episode, things with his mother. But in general, Steve doesn't "think". He instinctually just acts.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

So true, Rhonda. Steve is such a buttoned-down, rigid character (which Alex does brilliantly) that he's not very interesting to watch. Those of us who "met" Alex through Moonlight know that he's capable of bringing so much more to a role, if his character has depth and range.
HotMicks
Ancient

Post by HotMicks »

r1015bill wrote: I just want something with complex emotions. He is so good when he's conflicted like Mick.
:yes: :yes: :yes:

Miss seeing him do that. :Mickangel:

Return to “General Discussion”