Moonlight's Eighth Anniversary - September 28, 2015

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Moonlight's Eighth Anniversary - September 28, 2015

Post by allegrita »

Happy Eighth Anniversary, Moonlight! :celebrate: :heart: :rose: :dracula: :mooncat: :ghug:

Can you believe it's been eight whole years since we heard that wonderful, chiming theme music? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX09pdTZ3ww
Since Mick smirked at Josef while listening to the Master Financier doing his patented combination of ruthless telephonic negotiation and... well, just ruthlessness in general? :devil: Since we watched Mick giving his fantasy interview to someone off-camera who sounded suspiciously like Beth? :laugh: Since that amazing hug that melted 50 years of Mick's iron control, along with our hearts? :melts: :happysigh: :cloud9:

It seems impossible, but it has been eight years since the show that brought us together made its debut. :gasp:

I think it's entirely appropriate that, last night, many of us got to experience the "Super Blood Moon," which is a fancy way of describing a total lunar eclipse (which can tinge the moon a deep reddish hue) when the Moon is closest to the Earth in its orbit (so it looks bigger). It was beautiful, although for many of us it was obscured by clouds. But as I watched that beautiful moon rising over Los Angeles, I was swept into memories of the show. All those gorgeous shots of the full moon, flyovers of the LA skyline, beautiful scenery. Somehow, in Mick St. John's LA, the moon was always full. And it seems especially appropriate to have the eclipsed moon tinged red in honor of our favorite vampires on the night before this special anniversary. :hearts:

So I wish you all a beautiful Moonlight anniversary. :celebrate: May the Moonlight always light your way through the darkest night. And may a mysterious, handsome stranger in a long coat appear just in time to save you, should you need saving. I know he's out there, watching from a rooftop somewhere. And that makes me happy. :heart:
LoveBite
Kostan Industries intern

Re: Moonlight's Eighth Anniversary - September 28, 2015

Post by LoveBite »

Happy 8th Anniversary dear MOONLIGHT!

You will always be in our hearts & minds forever.

:champs:

Carol
~ LoveBite
Carol
~LoveBite
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Awww, Alle, I've just had a lovely drive home... that full moon hanging over me. As is still will for lots of us tonight. And you're right... It couldn't be a more fitting weekend for us to celebrate our little show. :heart:

Sending love to all of my Moonlight and MLA family. And thanks to all of you here at MLA, for giving us a place to celebrate something that continues to mean so much to so many. :ghug:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Happy Anniversary to all my Moonlight friends :ghug:

Eight years ago, I sat down to watch Moonlight, a new vampire series CBS was touting. "A Hero Will Rise" was their hook, and I bit. In my lifetime, I've never felt about a show the way I did and still do about Moonlight. It was magic.

That opening interview...that reeled me in. In a few short minutes, a very handsome man sat across from an unseen interviewer, telling his story, at least some of it, sipping a cup of something that may or may not have been blood. He was charming, bantering playfully with the interviewer as he answered her questions, yet ended with the caution 'stay out of my way'. Over the course of the all-too short series, we'd learn the rest of his story. When the series ended, it was as if I'd lost a close friend. Here, in this lovely abode, I've found so many more.

What was the magic of Moonlight? Likely different things for different people. For me, it was a love story, one with a tragic ending followed by a path of personal destruction. It was the story of redemption, of finding that monstrosity can be overcome and that love doesn't always end badly.

What happened after the door closed? What happened with the list delivered to Talbot? Was the tribe exposed or saved by the unlikeliest of allies? What was Josef's backstory? Did Sarah ever open her lovely emerald eyes again?

Those questions and many more were left to our imaginations and prompted some of us to share our ideas.

May the magic of Moonlight continue to shine on our wonderful family :ghug:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Happy 8th Anniversary My Moonlight Friends/Family. :ghug: :ghug: :ghug:
8 years later and I still LOVE MOONLIGHT. I'll never be the same. Moonlight put a unique twist on an old genre that made it new for me and lives on through our wonderful fan-fic writers and in my dreams.
I'm so grateful for our Moonlight home here at MLA. May the welcome mat greet newcomers and worm the hearts of us long time Moonlighters :heart:

Return to “Moonlight's Eighth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2015”