librarian_7 wrote:EEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

I mean, um, isn't that interesting? :teeth:
Yeah, I thought you'd like that :hug:
*blinks innocently*
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Jason in The Originals (CW)

Post by librarian_7 »

This is the EW recap article, so it is chock full o'spoilers.

However, I'm really posting it for the pic at the beginning.

Wanna guess who's in the pic? :whistle:

http://www.ew.com/recap/the-originals-s ... -episode-5
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

Oh, there was text under that pic? If you hadn't mentioned it I would totally have overseen it. :snicker:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Jason is back on tonight's episode. :teeth: I wonder how Detective Will's doing after having been "compelled." :chin:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Yay! I really thought he seemed...unsurprised to discover that vamps were real.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I think he was in shock. :confused2: Also, I would guess that having one's free will taken away might tend to somewhat squelch one's ability to totally freak the heck out. :eek2:

:snicker:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

True, I suppose. He seemed more pissed than freaked, though.

Poor guy!

:snicker:
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

In other words, "I've been there; I've done that."

(Sorry! I couldn't resist!) :snicker:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

DAMN this show! :witsend: I get all interested because of Jason and then I end up caring about the other characters and then.... that. :madface: :Mickangel:

Jason's scene was awesome, though. And I'm betting he'll be drawn into things even more when he returns -- hopefully as an ally for Klaus.
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Lilly wrote:DAMN this show! :witsend: I get all interested because of Jason and then I end up caring about the other characters and then.... that. :madface: :Mickangel:

Jason's scene was awesome, though. And I'm betting he'll be drawn into things even more when he returns -- hopefully as an ally for Klaus.
ITA...although more people have risen from the dead on this show than most others :snicker:

FWIW - I started watching this show because of Jason's guest appearances. I found the characters intriguing but couldn't quite understand the relationships. So I started watching from the beginning of the series (Seasons 1 and 2 are on Netflix). I have to say I really, really enjoy the show. The characters are intriguing, the casting is great. This isn't just about vampires - it's the relationship of vampires, werewolves, witches and humans brewing in the cauldron that is New Orleans. Power, friendship, love, betrayal - it's really a kind of Shakespearean soap opera that is now my guilty pleasure. Season one establishes the base of the series, but I found Season two really engaging.

Since the characters in 'The Originals' were first introduced in 'The Vampire Diaries' (also on Netflix), I went back and binged on TVD through Season 4, when the characters from 'The Originals' spun off into their own series. I honestly wasn't expecting much, thinking TVD was aimed at a much younger audience, but it was enjoyable enough. Not nearly as dark as The Originals.

Back to Jason. Having watched Moonlight, The Originals and The Vampire Diaries, I couldn't help but notice some common threads. The most striking is the relationship between two male vampires (Mick and Josef, Elijah and Klaus, Stefan and Damon) who are either close friends (ML) or brothers (TO, TVD). One half of each pair (Mick, Elijah and Stefan) all want to be or appear to be vampires who have done terrible things in their pasts and now try to strive for a 'better' existence. The other half of each pair (Josef, Klaus and Damon) have no trouble reveling in their vampiric condition, often chiding their friend or brother for trying to be something they're not. Even with their philosophical disagreements, one is always there for the other.

Then there's the human girl who falls for one or more of the vampires, who doesn't want to be turned (Beth in ML, Elena in TVD and Cami in TO).

The hunt for the elusive cure for vampirism - a topic only in ML and TVD, but involved the characters from TO while they were still on TVD.

With ML as the first of the three shows, I found myself chuckling at things later appearing in the other two shows. One was almost a direct quote.

Josh confronting Beth about Mick - "Look me in the eye and tell me you don't have feelings for him." Also said by Stephan to Elena about Damon.

Watching last night's scene between Jason and Joseph Morgan (Klaus), I found myself thinking were it not for Jason and his snarky Josef, there might never have been a Klaus. I just hope Jason's stint on The Originals isn't over.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

darkstarrising wrote: Watching last night's scene between Jason and Joseph Morgan (Klaus), I found myself thinking were it not for Jason and his snarky Josef, there might never have been a Klaus. I just hope Jason's stint on The Originals isn't over.
Nice synopsis DSR. I think I enjoy The Originals because of the older Vamps not so much TVD any more. Teen or young adult anxiety is not my cup of tea as ML has set the bar high for my expectations of mature Vamps trying to live their undead lives.

I too hope that this is NOT the end to Jason's role on TO. I hope he can become an ally with Klaus now that he knows Vampires exist. Or did Klaus compel him to be the best detective he can be without the knowledge of Vampires once he talked him back from the verge of suicide? :chin:

I was so glad Kami could cross the threshold without being invited in just in time to keep Will from pulling the trigger. :phew:
Yelling from the doorway can only do so much...sometimes you've got to rush in.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

FWIW - I think Jason will be appearing in tonight's "The Originals' episode (3.11 - Wild at Heart)

Why think? He's not listed in the episode guest star roster nor does it show up on his IMDb page.

Where he does show up is in the 'Producer's Preview' of this episode on spoiler TV

http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/02/the-originals-episode-311-wild-at-heart.html

The brief video gives a bit of what the episode will deal with, but isn't really spoilery. In the first few seconds of the video, Jason appears as Det Kinney with Klaus and Cami having a discussion. Kinney is silent, looking as those he's been compelled, possibly by Cami.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

He does look compelled. Will be watching!
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

librarian_7 wrote:He does look compelled. Will be watching!
Poor guy :sadface: I'll be watching too. SNAP OUT OF IT KINNEY! I don't want any South Park references like " OMG! They Killed Kinney...you bastards!" :snicker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFVQJ9HRVOY Yeah I laugh at this stuff...I'm a "sicko" sometimes :blushing:
Kinney was the best and he always comes back to die...again and again. A true immortal. :laugh:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

While this was a good episode, Jason had very little air time (about 2 minutes and 6 lines). I hope in future episodes his character gets better involved in the story.
darkstarrising
View My Fanfic Index

Return to “Current Projects”