Jason in The Originals (CW)

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Re: Jason in The Originals (CW)

Post by librarian_7 »

Take a look at this. Want to watch the series? I sure do!

Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Here a video of Jason talking about his role:

http://www.hypable.com/the-originals-se ... interview/

:teeth: :hyper2:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

While we are excited to find out any and everything about Jason Dohring’s new character, Detective Will Kinney, we are also incredibly distracted by those arms of his.
:hearts: Aren't we all? :rolling:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

In that picture with the notebook and the leather jacket, doesn't he look a lot like mick in the episode with the rocket scientist and the feral doctor? I immediately thought so.
And he looks great!
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

:drool: Our Jason is sure looking good lately....good enough to eat. :eat: :laugh:

Can't wait to see him on the 10th :kiss:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Tonight, tonight, tonight!!!

and here's a nice little interview: http://www.accesshollywood.com/jason-do ... eo_3008237

(It's just chock full of Jason being adorable, BTW, youknowwhatImean?)
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Sorry for the double post, but another (print) interview with Jason.

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/a ... on-dohring

Big news out of this one? He has another project in the works--a 3rd baby on the way!!!!!!
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

I'm SO BAD. I watched The Originals season premiere and somehow TOTALY MISSED Jason :slaphead: Did I blink at the wrong time or what? :shrug:
I'll have to re-watch the episode on line this weekend and hold my eyes open with tape 'n' toothpicks this time round. :gasp:
It would really suck if they don't use him properly or let Clair turn him so he can be the BAD ASS VAMP he is born to be and put fear into the heart of Klaus who seems to have forgotten who he is as leader.
OK I know Josef is in LA\NY loving his undead life, but I so miss our ML Vamps. :sigh:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

:blushing: OK so I "blinked" 3 times, but can you blame me? His total screen time was like what...less then a minute? :wtf: :Mickangel:

Jason looked very handsome none the less. :hearts:

Who else thought of Josef and Mick's freshie party when Lucien took Klaus to their "freshie" party. :winky:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I think, while of course I'd have liked to see more of him, that they did a good job of introducing his character. I'm bearing in mind that people were anxious, in the season 3 premiere, to see the stars of the series, and also that they were recapping the end of season 2's storylines, as well as setting new things in motion.

And what I got from Jason's brief appearances, is that his character is a good cop, no-nonsense, but imaginative enough to call in non-police help when the occasion warrants. Also, that he didn't dismiss Cami's advice, but took her seriously. I like him. (Okay, okay, I'm heavily biased, but still.)

Also, I think that the fact they've been having him do multiple interviews about this role says that he'll be an important component of the season. Give it time.
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

New interview with Jason about this role:

http://tvline.com/2015/10/14/the-origin ... will-cami/

And tonight is Originals night!
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I just got round to watching Jason's second episode. He gets lots more screen time, this go around.

His character seems to have layers of motivations...sound like anyone we know and love?
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I really do love him in this role. :yes:

It's actually quite different from what we've seen before. Will is smart and self-assured. And yet, he doesn't have the seen-it-all/done-it-all cockiness that Josef has, nor does he have the smart ass shell/emotional damage that Logan has. I'm really looking forward to see how he deals with these strange goings-on. :teeth:

---

A couple of questions about "Originals" mythology:

How are vampires sired in this universe?

If an "original" is killed, then all of his bloodline dies? Do they just drop in their tracks or go poof or what? :shrug:

If Marcel is not an "Original," to whose bloodline does he belong?

Are there any vampires who did not descend from this family of five?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as we go along. :blinksmile:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

Lilly wrote:I really do love him in this role. :yes:

It's actually quite different from what we've seen before. Will is smart and self-assured. And yet, he doesn't have the seen-it-all/done-it-all cockiness that Josef has, nor does he have the smart ass shell/emotional damage that Logan has. I'm really looking forward to see how he deals with these strange goings-on. :teeth:

---

A couple of questions about "Originals" mythology:

How are vampires sired in this universe?

If an "original" is killed, then all of his bloodline dies? Do they just drop in their tracks or go poof or what? :shrug:

If Marcel is not an "Original," to whose bloodline does he belong?

Are there any vampires who did not descend from this family of five?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as we go along. :blinksmile:
Oh, me, too! He's got a very evident moral compass, which is a bit unlike some of his roles. :laugh: But there's still a dangerous edge to Will. He's very determined to solve this case, even if it means stealing Cami's computer.

Anyway, for your questions--I just finished Season 1, so I may not know everything, but I'll give it a shot.

Vampires are sired, I think, the usual way. Almost drained, and given vamp blood to drink. Some are not necessarily bled out by a vamp, but wounded in other ways, then turned.

Yes, if one of the Originals is killed, their whole bloodline dies with them. In Season 1, we got flashbacks hinting at how they were created, but it wasn't entirely clear. Incidentally, the parents of the Originals, Michael and Esther, have made appearances in the series. As have several other siblings beside Klaus, Elijah, and Freya. (In fact, in Season 1, Freya was unknown, but another sister, Rebecca, played a prominent role.) This Lucien guy is from a different bloodline than any of the Originals. (It sort of seems like they are actually the Semi-Originals, at best!)

Marcel (and isn't he just yummy?) was turned by Klaus. Klaus was a bastard, and mistreated by his father when he was a child. He saw a slave boy being similarly mistreated, and rescued him. Years later, Marcel was shot by his former owner (and father), and Klaus turned him.

There evidently are some other bloodlines. I know that Tristan and his sister, whose name escapes me, but she's the dark haired chick in what appears to be a Buddhist monastery, were people Klaus, Elijah, and Rebecca met back in the Dark Ages not long after they became vampires. How those two got to be vamps, I don't know. Yet.
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

I haven't watched the Originals at all. Do you think I could pick up enough of it if I just watch this season to see Jason?

Return to “Current Projects”