Give Me a Break! (G) - Broken Chall. #162

A place for MickLifeCrisis' G to PG-13 stories
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Give Me a Break! (G) - Broken Chall. #162

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Disclaimer: I don't own Moonlight or any of its characters.
Rated: G
A/N: I thought we could use a humorous response to the Broken challenge, to lighten things up a bit. :snicker:

Give Me a Break! (G)

Beth should have known it was going to be a bad day when her shoelace broke as she was getting ready to go for a morning run.

Then her hair dryer stopped working and she had to leave her hair damp while she dressed and poured herself a cup of coffee. But she was paying more attention to her laptop than to pouring and she sloshed some coffee over the side of her mug and onto her hand. She yelped and instinctively dropped the mug. It broke on the kitchen floor, splashing hot coffee on her pantsuit and making a mess. Cleaning up the floor and changing her clothes made her late for work.

The elevator at work had an “Out of Order” sign on it, so she had to take the stairs. While looking for some files she broke a fingernail on the file cabinet drawer. At the end of the day Ben needed some copies in a hurry and she offered to make them for him. The copier machine broke down before she finished her copying so she ran down the stairs to another floor to use their copier. In her haste she tripped on the stairs and broke the heel off of her shoe.

She stopped at the grocery store on the way home, discovering that she had forgotten to bring her reusable bags from home so she had to use the paper ones instead. Stepping off the elevator to the loft, one of her bags broke and food spilled out into the hallway. Beth kept walking. Well, limping was more like it with her broken heel. Just inside the door to the loft the other bag tore, dropping a jar of spaghetti sauce and a bottle of juice, both of which broke, of course. Close to tears, she simply plopped down into a chair and kicked off what was left of her shoes.

MLMLMLML

The elevator doors opened and Mick stepped out, turning toward the loft. He stopped in his tracks when he saw the trail of food on the floor leading to his door, which was standing wide open. Worried that something terrible had befallen Beth, he quickly stepped around the groceries and ran down the corridor to his apartment, only to find more of a mess inside. He was starting to panic now.

“Beth?” he called out. “BETH!”

A weary voice replied, “In here.”

Mick rushed to her side, slipping on the spaghetti sauce but managing to stay on his feet. He knelt down next to Beth’s chair. “What happened? Are you okay?”

“You wouldn’t believe the day I had,” she said. “Everything that could break, broke.” She filled him in on her disastrous day. “I should have just stayed home when my shoelace broke this morning.” She looked at Mick, trying hard not to cry.

Mick stood, pulling Beth to her feet and into his arms. He held her close and kissed her until she couldn’t breathe. “I know just the thing to make you feel better,” he whispered with a grin as he picked her up into his arms and carried her upstairs to the bedroom. “Vampire healing isn’t just for vampires you know.”

The End
Last edited by MickLifeCrisis on Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Give Me a Break! (G) - Broken Chall. #162

Post by allegrita »

Oh, poor Beth! :comfort2: She had a truly terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. :chair: Thank goodness Mick knows just how to make her feel all better. :melts: :hearts: He really is the perfect hubby. :hug:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Thanks for the lighter yet all to real view :hug:
Close to tears, she simple plopped down into a chair and kicked off what was left of her shoes.
I just had to laugh - all of us have had days like this with probably the same response. Sadly, none of us have Mick to cheer us up. :snicker:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

allegrita wrote:Oh, poor Beth! :comfort2: She had a truly terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad day. :chair: Thank goodness Mick knows just how to make her feel all better. :melts: :hearts: He really is the perfect hubby. :hug:
:snicker: One of my kids' favorite books! Thanks for reading and commenting Alle. Mick to the rescue! :blinksmile:
darkstarrising wrote:Thanks for the lighter yet all to real view :hug:
Close to tears, she simply plopped down into a chair and kicked off what was left of her shoes.
I just had to laugh - all of us have had days like this with probably the same response. Sadly, none of us have Mick to cheer us up. :snicker:
Ah, if only. :pray:

Thanks, dsr! I'm happy you enjoyed it!

:ghug:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by MoonMarg »

Seriously Beth did well to make it through the day. I would of sat down on the kitchen floor & cried like a baby after the first couple of disasters!!! Actually I probably would have went back to bed after the shoelace broke. :giggle:
LittleTwoLegs
Kostan Industries intern

Post by LittleTwoLegs »

Poor Beth! She is much stronger than I, that is for sure. After the shoe I would've quit. At least her Guardian Angel can make her day all better.! :hearts:

Return to “MickLifeCrisis' Office”