Real Life Article 1960 Plane Crash

cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Real Life Article 1960 Plane Crash

Post by cassysj »

Here is an article about the 1960 Plane Crash I based my whole Sarah Whitley Forgiveness series on. This article does have actual pictures of the plane crash so if that disturbs you please do not follow the link. This happened near my house and my brother and sister actually so the wreckage in person. they were nine and eight.

http://pix11.com/2012/12/19/marvin-reme ... ars-later/
MoonMarg
Logan's WoW nemesis

Re: Real Life Article 1960 Plane Crash

Post by MoonMarg »

Wow - very interesting article but so very sad. :hankie:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

This is a memorial at Methodist Hospital where the only survivor from the plane crash on 1960 was taken. It was a young boy. He was flying back to his parents. and unfortunately he died the next day probably from lung damage from the jet fuel. His father took the change in his son's pocket and put it in the chapel poor box. The Chaplin had the change mounted on a bronze plate and it has been there for over 50 years.

ImageDSC00287 by Carol Jacob, on Flickr
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

What a heartbreaking story! :hankie: :hankie: Those images would stay with you forever. :gasp: It's creepy that the guy who wrote the article would have been on that flight if not for the misbehavior of his co-worker. I wonder if he suffered from survivor's guilt, poor guy. :comfort2:

Return to “Forgiveness”