History (Challenge 159) --PG-13

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

History (Challenge 159) --PG-13

Post by librarian_7 »

As I said, once I got going. Here's another, and I think you'll recognize speaker and subject. ML not mine, and all that.

History

I overheard Mick a while back, saying to Beth that I was history. I don’t know about that—it makes me sound like a fossil. And I’m no fossil—more like a shark, always moving forward to keep myself alive. All those centuries of laying low, flying under the radar long before radar existed, I was just trying to survive. You spend time working to see another night, and before you know it, a decade has slipped away, a generation. No matter how far in the background I stay, though, looking back, I can see the places I’ve made an impact.

Seems to me, I may not be history, but I certainly make it.
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Re: History (Challenge 159) --PG-13

Post by Lilly »

I. LOVE. This. Love it, love it, LOVE it!! :yahoo:

Word for word -- perfect Josef. :notworthy: :heart:
librarian_7 wrote: Seems to me, I may not be history, but I certainly make it.
:hearts:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Gosh, Lilly, I'm so (NOT) surprised you liked this one! :giggle: It really is perfect. I love the attitude, and the touch of snark. And the rhythms of his speech are just spot-on. And besides--he's absolutely correct. :teeth:
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

This is so Josef, I love it! :snicker:

I've often wondered what he must have been thinking while hearing Mick pour his heart out to Beth, but I can sure see him having quite a different reaction to the "he was history" bit than we all did!
:twothumbs:

Return to “Drabbles and Short Pieces”