The Light (Challenge 159) -- PG-13

librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

The Light (Challenge 159) -- PG-13

Post by librarian_7 »

AN: Okay, I'm a little late out of the gate on this one, but *ahem* once I got going... Standard disclaimer applies.

The Light

Vampires live in shadows. Even when we’re out in the daylight, we’re always on the hunt for shade to protect us, shadows to hide us, darkness to keep anyone from really seeing us.

The other night, I was watching an old detective movie from the ‘50s, one of the film noir classics. I used to love that stuff—the hero, doomed by a past mistake, a terrible decision, or even just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. When I realized how much I identified with those noir characters, trapped in a web of shadows, somehow the movies got less interesting.

Lately, though, I’m learning that a light to chase away the shadows, to provide heat, and even more importantly, warmth, doesn’t have to involve a nearby star.

The light in a smile, the shine of golden hair, and the warmth in blue eyes: Beth has dragged me out of the shadows, and into the light of love.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: The Light (Challenge 159) -- PG-13

Post by allegrita »

This is just so damned sweet. And it nicely parallels the show, as well. Toward the end, the noir touches got left behind, which I personally think is a real shame, as I loved the style. But whether the showrunners meant to do it or not, they showed through the changed style of the show, the changes that were taking place in Mick. He gave up his shadows and stepped out into the light, in more ways than one.

My favorite part of this is little story that I can see that wry curl of the lips he gives, that smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes when he's talking about something that means the world to him, but he can't let himself give into it. Vampire Mick very rarely smiled a genuine smile, so his smiles always make me a little sad for him. :Mickangel: (Well, except for that one after Beth kissed him in the parking lot. :cloud9: ) Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, this feels like Mick. Just like Mick. And like him, it lightens up a lot toward the end. :hearts:
jen
Cleaner

Post by jen »

This feels like a voiceover, too!

Mck the eternal romantic.

Sigh...

Thank you!!

Jenna
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

This really gets to the heart of Mick's standpoint and what Beth means to him! Wonderful, just wonderful thank you! :hearts: :flowers:

Return to “Drabbles and Short Pieces”