White Knight, G, Champagne Challenge #159

A place for LaughtersMelody's G to PG-13 stories
LaughtersMelody
Freelance freshie

White Knight, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by LaughtersMelody »

Title: White Knight
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight, nor am I making any money from this, though I'm certainly having fun playing with the characters. No infringement intended.
Warnings: None in this one.
Summary: It had been a long time since anyone had tried to defend Coraline's honor.

A/N: Written for Champagne Challenge #159: Seven Lines, Seven Sentences.

As always, I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is the source of all inspiration.

~*~*~*~*~

White Knight

She and Mick were walking down the street together when the heckling began, but Coraline paid little attention - after all, she’d been called far worse, and such things had ceased to bother her a very long time ago.

Besides, she recognized the man shouting the loudest; the nephew of an LA business mogul, he’d come to one of her parties expecting her to fall at his feet, but she hadn’t, and apparently, the self-important little fool still held a grudge.

She’d intended to simply keep ignoring him, but she felt Mick go stiff beside her, saw his hands curling into fists, and watched with interest to see what would happen next.

Mick pulled away from her and stalked over to the group of men responsible for the mockery, his face dark, his jaw clenched as he said, “That’s no way to talk to a lady.”

“She’s no lady, she’s a-”

Mick’s punch sent the man sprawling before he could finish his insult, and Coraline’s eyebrows rose faintly - she couldn’t remember the last time someone had tried to defend her honor.

Then again, she thought, her lips curving into a smile, Mick was proving to be different from the other men she had known…very different indeed.

Fin

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Thank you for reading, and of course, please let me know what you think! :blinksmile:

-Laughter
Last edited by LaughtersMelody on Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

My Fanfiction Office.

Jesus is Lord.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: White Knight, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by allegrita »

Yep. :yes: That's just what he'd do. Give the guy a chance to recant, and then punch his lights out. :snicker: He's still the same way as a vampire, isn't he? :hearts: No wonder Coraline fell for him. What a very decent guy he is. :hearts: But I hadn't really thought about the way she would see his actions... she's surely not used to hanging out with hardworking, middle-class-values types of guys. Mick must seem so unusual to her, so special. (Which, of course, he is!)

I love your little glimpses of Coraline! :clapping:
diane31
Fledgling

Re: White Knight, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by diane31 »

Oh yes I can totally see him react this way! :cloud9:

Return to “LaughtersMelody's Office”