Something So Small. Champagne Challenge #159. Rated G

A place for choccyterri's G to PG-13 stories
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Something So Small. Champagne Challenge #159. Rated G

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: The second of my monologues in honour of Moonlight's seventh anniversary. :heart: Long may it shine in our hearts... :hearts:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Something So Small.

Damask Rose.

Twisting it closed, I replace the lid that glints as I set it onto the night-stand, catching the blurred reflection of her room. Her shadow as she lies there, so still.

There was a time when the colour meant warmth to me, and fullness, more sweetness than I could even think of.

Now all I can do is think of her that day. And the memory of what almost was. Of how different things could be now.

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Something So Small. Champagne Challenge #159. Rated G

Post by allegrita »

Oh, what a sweet, yearning, wistful little piece... :hankie: :hearts: :comfort2: Poor Josef. "What almost was", indeed. :Mickangel: Like our show, Sarah is like a moment caught in amber. Forever perfect, forever incomplete. Forever loved, and mourned, and yet celebrated. What a perfect way to illustrate the Moonlight fans' experience! Thank you! :hug: :hearts: :clapping:
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:hug: Aww, thank you Alle! I could just picture him sitting in Sarah's room, perhaps he can still smell her perfume, would still have her lipstick.... It was one of Josef's most vulnerable sides. I'm happy you liked it. :flowers:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Very lovely and sad look into Josef's thoughts. Beautifully put :rose:
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Oh, Terri. :hankie: :heart:

This is so lovely... and so Josef. It's the nostalgic, vulnerable Josef we saw in that room. The one that broke my heart. You have captured the mood and the moment perfectly. :notworthy: :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Oh this is so beautiful! :heart: You describe Josef's memories in such a full, palpable way, and the contrast with Sarah's current predicament is just heart wrenching. As is the contrast between what almost was and what is...

Thank you so much for this gem! :rose:
allegrita wrote: "What almost was", indeed. Like our show, Sarah is like a moment caught in amber. Forever perfect, forever incomplete. Forever loved, and mourned, and yet celebrated. What a perfect way to illustrate the Moonlight fans' experience!
I hadn't made the connection at first but yes, indeed! :rose:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Josef lived for over three hundred years to meet her. You showed his desire perfectly.

Return to “choccyterri's Office”