I Wonder If... Champagne Challenge #159. Rated G

A place for choccyterri's G to PG-13 stories
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

I Wonder If... Champagne Challenge #159. Rated G

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Aww, what better way to say Happy Seventh Anniversary to our fabulous little show than to share in the ' Seven Lines, Seven Sentences ' challenge. This is the first of my two little monologues. Hope you enjoy them. :hearts:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
I Wonder If...

I wonder if he realises how people see him.

All that time he's spent in the darkness, trying to stay out of sight, wanting to blend into the background.
Maybe he's not used to someone actually looking, waiting, for him to arrive.

So when he first comes into view, he’s seems more self-conscious about that cut on his cheek than covering up the rest of him.
He doesn’t realise the effect that a handsome (really handsome) guy, shirt open, pendant lying just so, can have on an unsuspecting bystander.

I'd better let him know about that sometime... right now I should concentrate on not looking like one of those other women, who suddenly forgot what they were doing when he came into view.

Yeah, I’d better check what I've got in this hamper again.

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Re: I Wonder If... Champagne Challenge #159. Rated G

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

:hearts: Oh, I like this! Yeah, Beth... better check that hamper again. :laugh:

Reading "... shirt open, pendant lying just so..." had that affect on me, too. And I'm not even an unsuspecting bystander. :phew:

:thanks: Well done!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Oh, Beth, we can so totally relate. :laugh: :hearts: :melts:

I love this little musing... because we all know that she so totally knew he was walking up that beach. She so totally watched him walking along, his open shirt blowing back. She saw every woman's eyes glued to him. So of course she pretended to be busy with the lunch, and uttered that fake, "Hi!" when he walked up, as if she were surprised to see him. :snicker:

This is just awesome. :teeth: :clapping:
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

Thank you ladies! :ghug: I'll never forget what a smart cookie our Beth was. Mourning for Josh or no, she still knew what was happening between the two of them. And in my head I loved how she would have reacted to that wooonderful saunter down the beach that Mick did when coming to meet her that day.

Thank you so much for reading! :flowers:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

Perfect, choccy :rose: terri I wondered why Beth chose to look into that hamper, but now I know. She's absolutely right about Mick's effect on people.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

Love this "view" of Beth's! So cute to think of her watching him the whole time, and just ducking to look into the hamper at the last moment. It's certainly the most likely course of events!
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

I can easily imagine Beth thinking just that yes! :twothumbs:

I especially love this line:
choccyterri wrote:All that time he's spent in the darkness, trying to stay out of sight, wanting to blend into the background.
Maybe he's not used to someone actually looking, waiting, for him to arrive.
I love how she is trying to put herself in his shoes, to understand him. It shows how much she cares about him, that she truly loves him. Definitely not just like all those other women on the beach! :winky:

Return to “choccyterri's Office”