Demoiselle, G, Champagne Challenge #159

A place for LaughtersMelody's G to PG-13 stories
LaughtersMelody
Freelance freshie

Demoiselle, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by LaughtersMelody »

Title: Demoiselle
Rating: G
Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight, nor am I making any money from this, though I'm certainly having fun playing with the characters. No infringement intended.
Warnings: None in this one.
Summary: Coraline DuVall would be seventeen in a month, and still, she hadn’t wed.

A/N: Written for Champagne Challenge #159: Seven Lines, Seven Sentences.

***This one is part of my mental canon for Coraline. It touches on elements mentioned in a couple of my other fics, One Acquainted With the Night and Lady in Red. It might help to read those first. It's also related to my other seven-sentence fic, Hearsay. ***

As always, I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is the source of all inspiration.

~*~*~*~*~

Demoiselle

“Father,” Coraline began, watching through the window as an elegant coach started quickly down the road, “isn’t that Comte Fleuriau’s carriage?”

“Yes,” he answered, not bothering to look up from his desk and the stack of correspondence there, “he was here seeking your hand on behalf of his eldest son, and I refused.”

“But, Father, I’ll be seventeen in a month, and that is the fifth offer you’ve rejected…surely the Comte’s son would be a worthy match?”

“No, my dear, such a bargain would be a waste of your beauty, and I have other plans for you. In fact, I’ve even purchased a new gown for you, one that will be…more appropriate for a woman of your future station in the Court.”

Coraline nodded, hiding her disappointment as she turned her gaze back to the now-distant carriage.

She would simply have to trust that her father had her best interests at heart.

Fin

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Thank you for reading, and of course, please let me know what you think! :blinksmile:

-Laughter
Last edited by LaughtersMelody on Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

My Fanfiction Office.

Jesus is Lord.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Demoiselle, G, Champagne Challenge #159

Post by allegrita »

Ooooooh... :gasp: :confused2: what a creepy, sad story. :sigh: She never really had a chance to escape her father's chosen fate for her, did she? :Mickangel:

Beautifully done! :clapping:
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It's kind of sad to see Coraline like this but it makes sense. She wouldn't have been in control of her life as a human.
diane31
Fledgling

Post by diane31 »

Oh I really like your take on what happened to Coraline! We know from the Fleur de Lis that she must have been through some pretty rough times, which surely explain how she came to be so good at looking out for herself through manipulation, but that she would have been manipulated and betrayed by someone this close, someone who should have been The person to look out for her, rings chillingly likely. :gasp:
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

It's really nice to get a little look at Coraline in her early days, when she was still so young and innocent. Something that apparently will be changing very soon, depending on what her father's "other plans" are for her! Lovely.... :flowers:

Return to “LaughtersMelody's Office”