Breakout Before Moonlight Convention

Locked (general Moonlight) threads can be found here
janicevictoria
Fledgling

Re: Breakout Before Moonlight Convention

Post by janicevictoria »

I just heard the news about Alex and just wanted to say that I'm sending hugs to you all, especially those crossing the pond. :comfort: I'm happy that Alex has work, but I know how disappointed you must feel 'cos I'm feeling pretty gutted myself about it..... :gasp:

Thanks to Pinkiepie for my lovely banner
bluedahlia3
Rogue vampire
Location: Strolling down a foggy street, collar popped up, emoting cigarette smoke

Post by bluedahlia3 »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Is all I can think to say. Tomorrow I'll be happy for Alex again. Tonight, I'm sad he won't be in London to see his fans. :mdrama:
"I'm only wearing black until they come up with something darker." LaCroix
Forever grateful to Trevor Munson for his gift.
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Hugs to all of you hoping to meet Alex. :ghug: But everyone who has met Jason says how great a guy he is, and you will still get to meet all of your online friends! You will still all have a fantastic time! And those of us not going will still want pictures!
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
willing freshie

Post by willing freshie »

MickLifeCrisis wrote: And those of us not going will still want pictures!

We want to share in your adventure! Please enjoy all of it! :ghug: :grouphug:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I know it's a huge disappointment, but you guys who haven't met Jason yet are going to love him. He's truly charming.

Lucky
willing freshie

librarian_7 wrote:I know it's a huge disappointment, but you guys who haven't met Jason yet are going to love him. He's truly charming.

Lucky

And I bet he has some insider stuff on Alex since they are friends! So you get Jason, a great guy, and maybe find out some interesting and fun info on Alex---then pass it to us. Maybe even stuff he would never say if Alex was actually there? just sayin' :snicker: :snicker:
Overdamoon
Fledgling

Post by Overdamoon »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:Hugs to all of you hoping to meet Alex. :ghug: But everyone who has met Jason says how great a guy he is, and you will still get to meet all of your online friends! You will still all have a fantastic time! And those of us not going will still want pictures!
Ditto! My heartfelt compassion to those who are directly affected. Don't worry, it'll be a blast with Jason. :heart:

I don't want to raise anyone's hopes up but d'ya all you suppose that maybe, hopefully, wishfully Alex may appear via satellite feed like he did during the PCA show? Afterall, he was planning to attend and may even have some speech planned for the event.

Just wondering outloud... and praying for some goodies.. and sending some vibes to Alex...Ummm ...kumbaya
:groupwave:
Thanks to Kelly for her beautiful banner.
Thanks to SirenSong for her beautiful MickCora tag.

willing freshie

Overdamoon wrote:
MickLifeCrisis wrote:Hugs to all of you hoping to meet Alex. :ghug: But everyone who has met Jason says how great a guy he is, and you will still get to meet all of your online friends! You will still all have a fantastic time! And those of us not going will still want pictures!
Ditto! My heartfelt compassion to those who are directly affected. Don't worry, it'll be a blast with Jason. :heart:

I don't want to raise anyone's hopes up but d'ya all you suppose that maybe, hopefully, wishfully Alex may appear via satellite feed like he did during the PCA show? Afterall, he was planning to attend and may even have some speech planned for the event. Just wondering outloud... and praying for some goodies..

That would be great, Over! I bet if someone could give him that idea, he would consider it! :type:
Overdamoon
Fledgling

Post by Overdamoon »

willing freshie wrote:
Overdamoon wrote:

I don't want to raise anyone's hopes up but d'ya all you suppose that maybe, hopefully, wishfully Alex may appear via satellite feed like he did during the PCA show? Afterall, he was planning to attend and may even have some speech planned for the event. Just wondering outloud... and praying for some goodies..

That would be great, Over! I bet if someone could give him that idea, he would consider it! :type:
Well, he reads and approves comments on his MS, no? :whistle: And he has 2 more weeks before he needs to report to the sets, no? :biggrin:
Thanks to Kelly for her beautiful banner.
Thanks to SirenSong for her beautiful MickCora tag.

francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I really hope the swine flu epidemic is under control up to then or Jason and other participants from near the mexican border might not even be allowed to enter England. Let's hope that doesn't happen. :sadface:
willing freshie

francis wrote:I really hope the swine flu epidemic is under control up to then or Jason and other participants from near the mexican border might not even be allowed to enter England. Let's hope that doesn't happen. :sadface:

We here in So Cal are keeping our eyes peeled on that story! We have more cases in California every day---and they may watch the planes but there is a constant flow of illegals across the border that may be ill---who knows? God--that would be awful for you guys.

My hubby's family lives in Mexico City and we are very worried for them. My hubby had been thinking of visiting them during spring break but money is an issue now so he didn't. He might have ended up sick and stuck there. :eek2:

More bad luck if flights out of here are closed. Pray.
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

This was posted by Sean Harry on the Starfury forum re Sophia attending the Con....
I have been very surprised at how understanding the MOONLIGHT fans have been during this situation, and greatly appreciate it. I aim to make this event a blast for them, and am doing my best to reschedule Alex for another appearance early in 2010.

Sadly Sophia Myles is a definate no. Her management have informed me that she's not interested. I did point them to the online interview she gave in which she said she wanted to go, but I was informed it was still a no and that she didn't do these kind of events.

I hope to announce a few new guests in the next week or so once I have FedCon out of the way.
I'm a little sad (actually I'm really sad :hankie: ) that Sophia won't be attending but interesting news about a possible reschedule for Alex in 2010. :fingerscrossed:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I can't say that I'm surprised. Alex bows out. Sophia gets ask, only cuz Alex can't make it. I can see how that could be hurtful. Sort of like feeling you're sloppy seconds. As for her not attending these types of events, I'd have to hear her say it herself. Nothing against Sean, but he may have been a bit peeved that she said no and his e-mail carried an implication that was not intended. But who knows. Either way, I wish her all the best and I'm still a fan! Go Sophia!
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

VAsusieQ18 wrote:I can't say that I'm surprised. Alex bows out. Sophia gets ask, only cuz Alex can't make it. I can see how that could be hurtful. Sort of like feeling you're sloppy seconds. As for her not attending these types of events, I'd have to hear her say it herself. Nothing against Sean, but he may have been a bit peeved that she said no and his e-mail carried an implication that was not intended. But who knows. Either way, I wish her all the best and I'm still a fan! Go Sophia!
Me too Susan. Love Sophia. :cheer:

I did wonder what she would think about being asked purely because Alex had bowed out. Can't be a nice feeling. :sadface:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

While I understand that no one wants to be a second best, the reality is that this is a money making venture and I don't think that there was enough money in it for Sean to have Alex, Jason, and Sophia. I don't know but I suspect Alex's fee were the highest and now that he isn't attending, that money could go to Sophia. I had thought initially that since she lived in England, that there wouldn't have been significant travel costs for her, but it appears that wasn't the case.

I am not attending but I really feel badly for the people who are and who were looking forward to meeting Alex. However, with Jason and so many Moon Lighters there, it is likely everyone will have a great time. I just think that next to Alex, Sophia would have been the best choice, and I am surprised that if it were explained properly in terms of cost, that she wouldn't have agreed. But we really don't know for sure what was said.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.

Return to “The 100% Moonlight Archives”