Breakout Before Moonlight Convention

Locked (general Moonlight) threads can be found here
Overdamoon
Fledgling

Re: Breakout Before Moonlight Convention

Post by Overdamoon »

Unfortunately true. LisaS said she just got off the phone with Nikki from TheBuzzwire.net who said the same thing.
Thanks to Kelly for her beautiful banner.
Thanks to SirenSong for her beautiful MickCora tag.

redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

mwj01 wrote:Ugh! I'm so sorry Coco and Red, and to everyone else planning to attend. I know how I'd feel. I'm sure he'd love to do both, but the timing... :sadface:
Well, there's no better reason than because he's shooting a movie. That I can live with and be happy for him. It's so much worse for people who are crossing oceans and continents though (I only live about 30 miles from the Con location). rijane is coming over and has already got all her travel booked and I know lots of others have too.

But, bright side, bright side, he's working... and that benefits all of us in the long run. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next one - and maybe it'll be me who has to cross oceans next time.

Red

ETA: ODM - just saw your post - as the Con organisers themselves have confirmed this, I think we can take their confirmation as accurate.

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Carol is very disappointed. :sadface: Was traveling a distance to meet Alex. It's true at least it's due to work committments.
redwinter101
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by redwinter101 »

:comfort: Carol :comfort:

Click here for my story index

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" - Emily Dickinson
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

cassysj wrote:Carol is very disappointed. :sadface: Was traveling a distance to meet Alex. It's true at least it's due to work committments.
At least you still get JD Carol!! :yahoo:
coco
Cleaner

Post by coco »

redwinter101 wrote:
mwj01 wrote:Ugh! I'm so sorry Coco and Red, and to everyone else planning to attend. I know how I'd feel. I'm sure he'd love to do both, but the timing... :sadface:
Well, there's no better reason than because he's shooting a movie. That I can live with and be happy for him. It's so much worse for people who are crossing oceans and continents though (I only live about 30 miles from the Con location). rijane is coming over and has already got all her travel booked and I know lots of others have too.

But, bright side, bright side, he's working... and that benefits all of us in the long run. I guess I'll just have to wait for the next one - and maybe it'll be me who has to cross oceans next time.

Red

ETA: ODM - just saw your post - as the Con organisers themselves have confirmed this, I think we can take their confirmation as accurate.
Totally agree with you Red. No better reason to cancel than because he's working. We want him to be working. :yes:

I feel really bad for those from across the pond. I was only travelling from Glasgow which isn't too bad.

Still gutted though....can't help it. :sadface:

Sean said they are working on replacement guests ASAP so I guess we'll have to wait and see who they bring in instead. :confusing:
coco's Fan Vids/coco's Graphic Art
Avi by TugaFanatic & banner by me. Thank you.

"Maybe it was her blood in my veins that let me feel her. The beating of her very living heart. Or maybe, we've always been connected." Mick & Beth - Moonlight

coco's YT channel
coco's Vimeo channel
100% Moonlight Tumblr
:twothumbs:
Josefismysire
Courtesan

Post by Josefismysire »

coco wrote:
redwinter101 wrote:

Red

Totally agree with you Red. No better reason to cancel than because he's working. We want him to be working. :yes:

I feel really bad for those from across the pond. I was only travelling from Glasgow which isn't too bad.

Still gutted though....can't help it. :sadface:

Sean said they are working on replacement guests ASAP so I guess we'll have to wait and see who they bring in instead. :confusing:
:sadface: I feel horrible for those of you planning to attend. What a disappointment. And, they can try, but noone can replace Alex. :noway:
lafluffy
Freelance freshie

Post by lafluffy »

Awww,maaaaan. Sending hugs to everyone gutted by this. That is how I would feel. Major, major disappointment, after waiting soooooo long. I guess there are no comforting words really. It's a terrible, crying shame. :comfort: :comfort: :comfort:
lafluffy, Queen of the Damned Fluffies
........................Image
.......................Fabulous screencap by the ever fabulous lighterthanair.
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

I'm so sorry for those who wanted to meet Alex at BBM, and for those of us who waited anxiously for pictures and first-hand experiences from y'all. :hankie:
We still will have that with Jason. But of course it's not the same. I'm so happy that Alex has work, but unfortunately the timing is off again. If only he had taken more opportunities of meeting fans in the last year when he had plenty of time. Sigh. :hug:
Maybe now that one guest is missing on the list they might consider inviting Sophia. Maybe she's free. That would be cool, as she has been greatly underused in interviews and conventions. At Paley's she hardly got a word in, as Alex was taking up the scenery. It seemed to me from the videos that she didn't mind in the slightest to be out of the limelight, but I love her and want to see more of her, including interviews about her POV of the Moonlight experience.
Moonlightsonata
Rogue vampire

Post by Moonlightsonata »

I am so disappointed for people that were traveling a significant distance to see Alex. And yes I agree that it would have been great if during his past year off, he had been available to attend something Moonlight related. I think he just wanted to try and move on. It would be nice if they invite Sophia to attend. And for those going, I hope you have a great time.
Thank you Coco for the lovely banner.
VAsusieQ18
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by VAsusieQ18 »

I was thisclose to buying a ticket from Oz to travel to London. I will be in Australia and New Zealand during the BBM Con, but I was trying to work it out so that I could cut out a bit early and perhaps get to London on Friday, the weekend of the Con. Reading this and seeing it confirmed on the StarFury website makes me glad I didn't spring for the ticket. I'm very sorry for those going that were so looking forward to meeting Alex. But I'm with everyone else in thinking that its all good since its work-related. That means we get more Alex, maybe not in person, but I don't think anyone would begrudge the man the recognition he so richly deserves. I'm holding out that Three Rivers will get green lighted and I'll be seeing Alex at Paley real soon! :biggrin:
Beautiful banner and avatar by sirensong!
willing freshie

Post by willing freshie »

redwinter101 wrote:It's so much worse for people who are crossing oceans and continents though (I only live about 30 miles from the Con location). rijane is coming over and has already got all her travel booked and I know lots of others have too.

It is also hard for you, Red, as you will only get so many opportunities to meet Alex. All of you are suffering. :hug:

Please know we all feel your pain! :(
rijane
Freelance freshie

Post by rijane »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

You guys be understanding and nice and all. I'm just going to weep in the corner and hope filming is delayed.

I know red and I will have fun together no matter what, but we had stalking plans!!

Sigh.

I hope the organizers get Sophia, but I don't have tons of faith in their organization after seeing the out-dated and typo-filled info sheet they sent with the pass. Please, boys, prove me wrong.
Last edited by rijane on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wpgrace
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by wpgrace »

Oh I am so sorry... I selfishly was looking forward to pictures and posts from you guys... which I STILL hope you will make... but it isn't quite the same without Alex, is it? :comfort:
Banner by redwinter101. I miss you, Beloved.
Awesome avatar by the awesome, clever, and gracious Lilly.

If you read a lot of books you are considered well read. But if you watch a lot of TV, you're not considered well viewed. Lilly Tomlin

Grateful to Alex for Mick, Andy, and McG. :)
wondergirl9847
Rogue vampire

Post by wondergirl9847 »

I won't lie. I am very disappointed, but there's nothing that can be done and perhaps Sophia can come in his place. It will be fun no matter what because a lot of board people are going. :woohoo:

I knew as soon as they said they'd be filming starting in May, he wouldn't go to the BBM. :(
*Christy*

Return to “The 100% Moonlight Archives”