Bloodguilt, PG, Champagne Challenge #154

A place for LaughtersMelody's G to PG-13 stories
LaughtersMelody
Freelance freshie

Bloodguilt, PG, Champagne Challenge #154

Post by LaughtersMelody »

Title: Bloodguilt
Rating: PG
Disclaimer: I do not own Moonlight, nor am I making any money from this, though I'm certainly having fun playing with the characters. No infringement intended.
Warnings: A reference to Mick's suicidal thoughts after he's turned. If you're sensitive to this topic, please read with care.
Summary: Mick had killed before, during the war. But this...this was different.

A/N: Written for Champagne Challenge #154: New Year, New Life.

I wound up using quite a lot of ellipses, but I checked - the fic is 500 words exactly, not counting the title. :blinksmile:

As always, I thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who is the source of all inspiration.

~*~*~*~*~

Bloodguilt

“Mick, listen to me, you need to calm down.”

“Calm?! You want me to be calm?! Look at me! I’m… I’m…”

“The anger you’re feeling is just an early part of the change. It will fade, I promise. Everything will be okay.”

“Okay?! I killed that woman! The woman you brought me!”

“You needed to feed. New vampires have to feed or they’ll go mad…become lost to their instincts. If that happens, there’s nothing to be done. They have to be put down.”

“Like rabid dogs, huh? Fitting.”

“Mick-”

“Don’t touch me! I’m a murderer, Coraline. And I liked it. I enjoyed it. Do you understand that?! Killing that woman felt good!”

“I know it did. It’s supposed to. You’re a vampire now. You-”

“I didn’t ask for this! I didn’t want this!”

“But you wanted me, didn’t you? Forever, remember? You said forever. I’ve made that a reality! No sickness. No natural death. You won’t age. You’ll grow stronger with time, not weaker. Immortality, Mick. We’ll be together for an eternity.”

“But…but I…”

“It will be wonderful, you’ll see. Really. You just have to trust me.”

“I did trust you, and you turned me into this…this thing!”

“It’s a gift, Mick. My wedding present to you. I know it’s hard to accept it right now, but it will get better.”

“How?! I’m a monster! A murderer! Why couldn’t you just kill me?!”

“You don’t mean that.”

“Yes, I do! What if she had a family? A husband…children…”

“Mick, stop it. I can’t stand to see you like this. The first feeding is always…difficult. But we don’t have to kill. You’re just very young. Your body is still adjusting to the change, and you didn’t feed for hours, so the hunger was even stronger. You can’t blame yourself for what happened tonight.”

“Then who do I blame? Huh? Who do I blame, Coraline? Tell me!”

“I don’t regret bringing that woman to you, if that’s what you mean. It was either her or you. I chose you. I’ll always choose you. I thought you chose me, too.”

“I did! But I didn’t know…you didn’t tell me…”

“You know now. I haven’t changed. I’m the same woman you fell in love with.”

“And what am I?”

“Oh, Mick. That’s just it. You’re even more than you were! There are so many things I want to show you…to tell you…so much I want to teach you.”

“I don’t want to learn, Coraline. Don’t you see that?! I wanted… I wanted a life…”

“And we’ll have one, together. Forever, just like you said.”

“I can’t…I can’t do this.”

“Yes, you can. You’re strong, I’ve seen it. And I’ll be right here with you, I promise. Just let me take care of you. Let me help you.”

“Coraline…”

“Come on, we can talk more after we get you cleaned up.”

“What good will it do?”

“Mick, the blood will wash off.”

“No. No, it won’t.”

Fin

~*~*~*~*~

A/N: Thank you for reading, and of course, please let me know what you think! :blinksmile:

-Laughter
Last edited by LaughtersMelody on Tue May 12, 2015 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

My Fanfiction Office.

Jesus is Lord.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: Bloodguilt, PG, Champagne Challenge, #154

Post by allegrita »

Oh, man... I feel awful for both of them. It's like they're on either side of a glass wall. They can't hear each other, can't understand each other. :Mickangel: :hankie:

This is just beautifully done, Laughter. I feel terrible for both of them. :comfort2:
maggatha3
Ancient

Post by maggatha3 »

:clapping: Great, Laughter! The way you present the parallel universes those two lovers live in , the reader can almost predict their future. And they still love eachother each their own way. :bmoon:
Last edited by maggatha3 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
-It never ends well...
-Never?
Gorgeous avatar by our talented Lilly .
Banner by the amazing friend Hot Micks!!! .
r1015bill
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by r1015bill »

Great ending!

Nice extension of canon.

:flowers:
francis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by francis »

This is beautiful and so sad. It makes me angry that Coraline didn't ask Mick before she did this, but with your Story I also can understand why she didn't. :hug:
darkstarrising
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by darkstarrising »

I could hear this conversation, LM :hug: Mick, horrified at what he'd done, Coraline saying all she can to sooth him. What you've done with this though, is highlight the fact that they didn't really know each other. Coraline assumed Mick was strong enough and loved her enough to become as she was. Mick, however, is horrified at the change and that the woman he loved could do something like this to him.

Had Coraline been been honest with Mick, she might have lost him forever. Perhaps this is an example of 'better to ask forgiveness than to seek permission'.
darkstarrising
Love – the universal language, the story of Moonlight
View My Fanfic Index

Thanks to the talented and generous Phoenix for my beautiful banner!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

LaughtersMelody wrote:
“Mick, the blood will wash off.”

“No. No, it won’t.”
And these last two lines tell us why Mick ended up the way he did. :Mickangel:

Excellent, LM! :thumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

Coraline is being very sensible from her point of view. I often think when someone like Coraline became a vampire societal roles for men and women, classes, status were set in stone. You did your duty whatever that was and for a young vampire it's to survive and for the sire failure is a humiliating option. It makes you think in our ever changing world when you can go from the slums of Brooklyn to being a multi-millionaire like Jay Z how will vampires evolve. I think it will be harder for them emotionally if they didn't choose it.

Return to “LaughtersMelody's Office”