Lost and Found - PG-13 (Champagne Challenge #136)

A place for PNWgal's G to PG-13 stories
jen
Cleaner

Re: Lost and Found - PG-13 (Champagne Challenge #136)

Post by jen »

This. Is. Amazing.

The timings has always intrigued me--Mick and Coraline's wedding in 1952 followed by the carnage of those early days, Josef and Sarah's doomed love in 1955 and her 'turning' that left her lost between the worlds--this takes those elements and weaves them skillfully together with Mick's remaking into a productive member of vampire society. It also gives us a glimpse into Josef that I have felt lurked beneath the suave, edgy, and charming hell-raiser.

Fabulous. Just fabulous

Thank you!!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

I'm so glad you finished this. It is an amazing look at the early days of Mick and Josef. Sarah's anniversary is the perfect time for him to succeed and with Mick he certainly did.
nutmegger911
Cleaner

Post by nutmegger911 »

PGal, this is wonderful! You provide backstory on Mick and on Josef in such a well woven piece. Everything fits. The story is believable, the conversation fluid, and the emotions ring true. Well done.
NM911
LIVE WIDE
It ain't canon until they've shot it (and aired it) - I said that.
Trust the Muse. - Catmoon
The system isn't broken, it's fixed. - Billo
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

What a wonderful reread! This is terrific! :twothumbs:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

So glad you bumped this, MLC! I love this look into a side of Josef we really didn't get to see, but which I think makes perfect sense--the spiritual, religious side. He was a man of his time, after all. And for him to have acquired the ring from a true follower of St. John of the Cross, and for him to pass it on to Mick when he most needs solace and mentoring... :comfort2: well, it works perfectly for me. :heart:

And it just occurred to me that this is a wonderful "prequel" story, explaining how Mick might have become Josef's "go-to guy" for jobs that need the perfect combination of brains, talent, knowledge, and absolute loyalty. Also, by offering Mick a job on his security staff, Josef is putting Mick's feet on the path that will lead to his redemption, at least in Mick's own eyes--working as a P.I., and using his vampire abilities to help people who can't help themselves. I love rereading stories, because I get to see the story from a different perspective that allows me to appreciate things that might not have struck me the first time I read it. :yes:
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

:ghug: Thank you, MLC, for popping this one to the top again. And thank you, Alle, for such great comments - and for being my sounding board with this one!

GA was the one that suggested St. John of the Cross, and it just fit so perfectly - it really finished off the story nicely!

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram

Return to “PNWgal's Office”