One Hundred Grand - PG13

A place for Lilly's G to PG-13 rated stories.
jen
Cleaner

Re: One Hundred Grand - PG13 (*new - 11/8/2013)

Post by jen »

Another 'what Alle said'

Fabulous!

Thank you!!!

Jenna

:hearts: :flowers: :hearts: :flowers:
Mick and Beth--two of the lovely faces of Moonlight
Beautiful banner by the Fabulous Phoenix
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thank you so much for reading and commenting, jen! :rose: I'm so glad you liked it. :hug:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
Shadow
Courtesan

Post by Shadow »

What a beautiful find! I somehow missed this before but I'm so delighted to have discovered it today. It's wonderful on so many levels. First that it is such a clever take on the challenge, with One Hundred Grand being not just an address but the real address. Then the wonderful bit of history related by Josef, the deals he was involved in related to the building of the Pavilion and the reasons he was there in that desolate parking lot in 1952 .... having that history here makes this just so rich. And of course the most wonderful thing of all about the story is the story itself, this amazing first meeting between Josef and Mick contrasting with their current meeting when Mick is again in so much trouble, but in such a different way. This first meeting fits so perfectly into canon, and it just simply ought to be the way things were. Just love the characterizations of Mick and Josef both, so spot on. It's so hard to see Mick in that vacant lot with his dreadful pile of rats, but it is really just exactly what he would do to try to avoid harming others. I really loved the way he tried to warn Josef away, thinking to protect him from himself. And Josef's flash of "welcome to the neighborhood" is absolutely perfect!
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

Shadow, your bump let me reread this wonderful story of Mick and Josef's friendship - from the real beginning.

Lilly, loved the research you did for this one. The accurate details are the icing on the story!

:thanks:
MickLifeCrisis
Many thanks to Twilightdew for my banner and avi.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Yay, what a great excuse to reread this gem! :cloud9: :reading:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

allegrita wrote:Yay, what a great excuse to reread this gem! :cloud9: :reading:
No kidding. It's been so long, it was almost like a new story!
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I apologize profusely for taking so long to respond to these very lovely comments. :blushing: :slaphead: :ghug:

Shadow -- Thank you so much! :smooch: Your wonderful, insightful comments make me want to write. That's saying a LOT at this point in time, when I've been feeling that most of my inspiration has dried up and I've got nothing left to say. :rose: You've managed to put a big smile on my face. :teeth:

MLC, Alle and Lucky -- thank you for coming back. :flowers: I truly appreciate your unwavering support -- especially your taking the time to re-read and share your thoughts here. :hearts:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

It's always worth the reread! :reading:

:hug:
MickLifeCrisis
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

MickLifeCrisis wrote:It's always worth the reread! :reading:

:hug:
:smooch:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Re: One Hundred Grand - PG13

Post by allegrita »

It has been waaaaay too long since I read this gem. It's one of my favorite "fanon" pieces. I mentioned this in my original comment, but it's still true: as soon as I read this story, it established itself firmly in my "memory" of Josef's and Mick's story. And I adore the fact that Mick picked that particular place to ask Josef to meet when he was in such terrible trouble in episode 2. It fits perfectly in what we know of them both.

This story seems so much longer than it is in terms of actual words. It's years long. :hearts: :hug: :rose:
MickLifeCrisis
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by MickLifeCrisis »

It's been so long since I've read this that I had forgotten most of it; it was like reading new story! :reading: I still love it just as much. There was always a special history between Josef and Mick. This is it.

Glad you bumped this, Alle!
MickLifeCrisis
Ella713
Courtesan

Post by Ella713 »

WooooooooooW! This was mind blowing! I love stories that take us into Josef and Mick meeting for the first time. Poor Mick! Coraline did a number on him for sure! :comfort2:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

Thank you so much, ladies! It's absolutely wonderful to still see people enjoying this one. :rose: :thanks:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index

Return to “Lilly's Office”