Six Beautiful Years of Moonlight - September 28, 2013

allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Six Beautiful Years of Moonlight - September 28, 2013

Post by allegrita »

Yep. :yes: It's the sixth anniversary of the debut of Moonlight. Six years in which we've all grown in so many ways. Learned new skills, dared to do things we never tried before, met friends and cemented those friendships by sharing all the highs and lows of this amazing fandom. :ghug:

I don't have anything very profound to say this year. Except, thank you. Every one of you. Thank you for continuing to share the Moonlight love with me. Thank you for reading and writing stories, following our stars into their future endeavors, sharing your Moonlight treasures, making art, spreading the love in whatever way you choose.

I love this special place, and it would not exist save for the magic of Moonlight. Our little show, which for some reason struck a chord in all of us. And which continues to inspire us to this day.

Happy anniversary, Moonlight. :heart:
HotMicks
Ancient

Re: Six Beautiful Years of Moonlight - September 28, 2013

Post by HotMicks »

ML seems ever more distant from me as each year passes, but then I come here and see an old clip that pops up or just the comfortable references to the ML universe that find their way into our comments all the time - and just knowing that you 'get' the reference or share the smile or still love these characters just as intensely as I do makes all that ML love come rushing back.

So while we might not have new episodes to dissect or any real hope of more ML to look forward to, I am so glad we can all still gather here and share the love. As we get to know each other better, I have moved from coming here to satisfy my ML obsession to coming here to see what's going on with all of you and what you think about the topics of the day. I really enjoy you folks! :ghug: We have such diverse personalities and interests, and that makes for fascinating conversations. You make me laugh like there's no tomorrow, and your kindness and goodness wrap this place in a warm embrace. :hug:

This place is life affirming, and for that I am eternally grateful to Phoenix (who founded MLA), Lucky (who invited me to MLA) and, of course, MOONLIGHT and her papa, Trevor Munson. :heart: Thanks to Alle for picking up when Phoenix moved on, and to all the mods for making this such a great place. :kiss:

Luv y'all. :hearts: Luv Moonlight. :phones: All you need is luv. :biggrin:
~ Hot Mick's Mistress of Chill
choccyterri
Logan's WoW nemesis

Post by choccyterri »

:ghug: Popping in to send hugs to everyone here, and to share a happy Moonlight Day with you all. :heart:
When I started joining the UK's Moonlight Mondays I could never have imagined how much the show would become part of my days, and bring me such wonderful friends and life experiences. I'm grateful to it and everyone who still shares the Moonlight love... :hearts:

Long may it continue lovelies.... :heart:

“It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”
― Marcus Aurelius.
allegrita
Moonlightaholic Admin

Post by allegrita »

Terri, I think your signature says it all for me. It captures what HotMicks was saying, too. Everything has changed, but love is what keeps us gathering here, and other places. Basking in the glow of fellowship. :ghug: Loving what brought us together, and moving on through life together.
cassysj
100% Moonlightaholic

Post by cassysj »

It is amazing when you think of all the things that have happened in the last six years. I've been in and out of various fandoms for years but I think because our canon was so limited we developed strong relationships and interests that include but have also expanded from Moonlight. Moonlight and meeting all of you has changed me in more ways than I can imagine.

I am so happy to check in every day to the board. :hug:
kath40
Cleaner

Post by kath40 »

Can't believe it's been 6 years since Mick St John sat down to explain him self. Even if it was only a fantasy I'm so glad he did, my life has never been the same. :hearts:

Back then I allowed myself to be drawn into this fantasy solely to be entertained for an hour. Little did I know by the end of that hour Mick would have quietly stolen my heart away by the talent of one Alex O'loughlin.
Who would have guessed that 6 years later Mick would still have my heart. :heart:
Lilly
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by Lilly »

I absolutely adore you people. :heart: :ghug: :ghug: :ghug: :hearts:

MOONLIGHT has definitely changed my life. It expanded my opportunities, my skills, my self confidence -- and it introduced me to the most amazing people I never would have met otherwise.

Love you all. :rose:
Lilly

My Fanfic Index
Avatar from "Matasaburo of the Wind" © 2009 Alex Gross, used with the permission of the artist
PNWgal
Moonlightaholic Mod

Post by PNWgal »

Kath said it better than I ever could - Mick stole my heart and I've never really gotten it back. :hearts: I love Alex, but it's Mick that will always own a little tiny corner of my soul. :teeth:

I have learned so much and experienced so much since ML, and six years later, I've not only got a great group of friends here, I belong to a great community. A family. :ghug:

Banner by the talented GuardianAngel

"It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - George Eliot

"The dogs may bark, but the caravan passes on." - old Arab proverb

"Do the best you can do. Love many. Trust few." - Jack Ingram
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

About 6 years ago, I happened upon ML, fell in love with it and went on the internet looking for sites discussing the show. Never in a million years did I expect to find and join a fan site. So glad I did. I've learned more about television and ratings, other countries and FANFIC!!!!! Oh my god, how I devoured ML fanfic.

And I found friends. :heart:
Lucy
Ancient

Post by Lucy »

:heart: :rose:
Thank-you for holding the roof up and the doors wide open.....for the show that had romance AND humor.
:highfive:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I've been thinking all day about what to say here. I have said, often, and to whoever will listen, that Moonlight changed my life. As others have said, being in this fandom has allowed me to meet amazing people, make some of the best friends I've ever had, and tap into a creativity I thought was long gone.

And MLA...I've been at this place since, well, day one. Phoenix did a good thing here. She wanted a little site dedicated to writers and readers of ML fic, and she got more than she bargained for. When she passed the care of this place over to Allegrita, she left it in great hands.

Moonlight is six today...six years of the romance, the banter, the amazing inspiration. I remember in the fall of 2007, first referring to them as "our glorious vampires." Well, it's 2013, and they are still glorious.

And we're still here, still basking in the glow...of the moonlight.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

Moonlight is a once in a lifetime experience for me. I never have nor ever will again fall in love with a character like Mick St. John or a show like Moonlight. The proof is right here. Six years later and here I am with you, my Moonlight family. :ghug:
librarian_7
Forever Moonlightaholic

Post by librarian_7 »

I can still remember the giddy intoxication of those first months. The absolute night and day obsession. Of being so wrapped up in Moonlight, I was too excited to eat, or sleep, or think about anything else.

I dreamed about Moonlight--about Mick, about Josef--every night. They woke me up, whispering in my ear, and I swear I could feel them with me, standing behind me.

I'll probably never be so obsessed by anything again. And that's all right. Moonlight was, and is, and always will be special to me.
GuardianAngel
Courtesan

Post by GuardianAngel »

I know exactly what you mean, Lucky. During the running of the show I lived and breathed it. Everything in my life related back to it. Moonlight is the only show I can remember having to see WHEN it was on. I could not miss it. Taping it and watching later wasn't an option. I could barely wait until it was on, never mind missing it.

Moonlight prompted me to buy my first iPod so I could download the episodes and watch them over and over. Moonlight (along with the help of some ML Pals) prompted me to try my hand at writing. It had me joining my first fansite. I think back and am astounded how much of my life it touched.
Fleur de Lisa
100% Moonlightaholic
Location: I wish I may, I wish I might, have the gorgeous man on the right>

Post by Fleur de Lisa »

Oh my gosh, I was sooooo obsessed! I remember living for ML commercials during the week--to the point that I'd turn on CBS during the day while soap operas were airing, just to catch a 15 second ad!

It took so long to get to Fridays and then I got a clue and started recording the episodes. There never was another show I would repeat watch like ML. Still isn't.

I lurked a long time on my first ML site before I posted. I read fanfic like crazy and finally started posting bc I couldn't imagine NOT telling these writers how amazing they were.

I haven't shut up since!

Return to “Moonlight's Sixth Anniversary - Sept. 28, 2013”